Bell XP-77 Guide Review Video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The "everything old is new" effect that 2.0 has had on the game is not more evident than the transformation the Closed Beta Tester award aircraft has gone through.  This is a low altitude turnfighting aircraft that used to stall out just by sustaining a turn.  No joke; the plane bled speed and energy like a hemophiliac Russian Prince if you did anything but fly straight and level with her.  Once in a turn, the player would have to make liberal use of their WEP boost in order to keep from stalling out.  Once that boost was exhausted, it was a very short countdown until the plane first hung still in midair and then flopped to the earth like a rock.

She's a very different creature now; with increased engine power on the baseline she is now capable of spending her entire game in the furball with no danger of losing control.  Lightly armed for an American fighter she carries a single 20mm cannon in the hub with a pair of cheek mounted 50 cals.  She does the most damage inside of 500 meters, but her 20 can hit reliably out to 800 meters.  Being a low energy low altitude turnfighter she doesn't fly like most other American fighters and benefits the most from a different equipment and skill layout than her cousins.  Fully outfitted, the XP-77 looks more like a Russian Yak or LaGG fighter on paper, so I've nicknamed her the "Yank"-ovlev; because I think that's clever. :P

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

BrushWolf #2 Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
In the little I have flown I have avoided it because of it being a turd. It seems that I shall have to pull the tarp off of her.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
I just want to give Gaming_Bear a warm welcome to WOWP! Nice work on the collab Magus :great:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

pyantoryng #4 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Some called it AmeriYak (which seem to pop up when I referred to it as Yankovlev years ago)...oh well.

Maybe this would become available in premium shop eventually...

Oh, it used to fare decently before 1.9's cannon nerf...or was it even earlier...I remember flying it in a decent number of missions, but I can't recall the exact cut-off point...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Also tagged with Bell, XP-77, Guide, Review, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users