Tech tree lines, rushing, and which ones to get...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SakuyaSama7 #1 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 55 battles

... at least outside of those that I like flying. I'm asking mainly those who have experience. I want to fly mainly GAA and Heavy Fighters while having access to the other classes for dailies, but I currently have limited hangar space. However, before I put in my current opinions, I do want to ask everyone this queston mainly: should you rush through the tiers or not, if I have the credits to do so? I figured it's slightly easier to do that since a bunch of daily missions give you credit rewards anyway.

Starting with the tech lines:

• I feel like in the multiroles, the USMC line is probably the better ones because rather than try to compete against other fighters in maneuverability, you can just zoom and boom with them (I also know historically that this was what Corsair pilots did against Zero pilots). The Air Corps/Republic line seems to have more bombs, but if I wanted to hit ground targets, I feel like I should be playing GAA anyways.
  • Soviet GAA seems to be what most people recommend. I was initially going for German GAA, but when I saw that the Stuka didn't even carry bombs, I was appalled. I know you get a minimum 20mm for armored targets but... this is a dive bomber without bombs :V
  • Fighters-wise, I like the high maneuverability of Japanese planes, though catching on fire every few seconds isn't my thing. I'm giving both lines focus since I like the Shindens, but admittedly, the Zero/Reppu line having to diverge to multirole is weird. 
  • Heavy fighters, I'm going through both German and US lines because my favorite US plane is still the P-38 Lightning, and the Me262 is still pretty sweet.
  • Bombers, well I'll get them all just because they're in separate tier splits. It'll take time, but meh.

Edited by SakuyaSama7, 07 November 2017 - 05:48 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Have a look at my posts in this thread.  Everything still applies.

http://forum.worldof...983#entry608983

Block Quote

Don't listen to anybody that advises you not to rush.  Fly what you want, when you want, how you want. If your goal is to finish all the lines, you can always go back and perfect your performance in any plane.  For myself personally, grinding is like job, I just wanted to get it out of the way, so I could go back and enjoy playing what I wanted.

The best way to get EXP fast is:

• Get your x2 every day for every plane that you are grinding.  This will literally get you a plane twice as fast.
  • Premium account.  This will give you a further 50% more exp per battle.
  • Don't waste time flying something you have already researched the next tier, you could be grinding what you need.  Once you have researched the next tier, all you are basically doing is accumulating exp on the plane that you cant do anything with, unless you use gold, or you are transferring it to the pilot.  This doesn't get you through the lines the fastest.
  • Don't use up your free exp on the next plane, grind for the plane, once you get it, use your free exp to fully upgrade it, then your first battle will be in a 100% upgraded plane, you will do better and get more exp.
  • If you are in a heavy, multi-roll or light fighter, air targets earn more exp than GT.  In terms of gaining exp, hitting GT should be lowest priority.
  • Winning gets you more than losing.
  • If you are at the end of a battle and the last enemy is hiding, start hitting GT as much as you can, there is a lot of exp available if you can farm for a while.
  • premium planes are only good for training pilots and grinding credits, don't waste time in them unless you are complete all your x2 daily bonuses on each plane you are working on, and need the money to buy the next tier.  If you do fly premium planes, go to the crew tab and select accelerate crew training, this sill train your pilots faster and you wont wast exp on premium planes that you have to spend gold to convert.
  • The exchange for gold to free exp is garbage(and exchange for silver is even worse), try and avoid that, gold is better spent on premium account.
  • I bought all my higher tier planes on sale, yes you have to wait it out, but you will save enough for free planes rather than buying at full price.  Once a tier is finished, park it and focus on the other lines till a sale comes up, then make your purchase and rotate that line back into the mix,

I currently have all tier 10's except for the new line that was released a few days ago.  My play time is limited, but I am about 80% complete the tier 7 already.  The fastest way through the lines is to always be working towards the next tier, so whatever you do make sure you are still working on something.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Destroyer_Suzukaze #3 Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 277 battles
The Ju87 model G which they have in game was a tank buster version which did not carry bombs. Which I don't have a problem with per se but give me a dive bomber Stuka! Give me an early B2  with the Jericho Trumpets so we get the sirens!

I am only up to the Stuka, but the IL2 is a beast. I have not mastered the twin 37mm on the Stuka yet, but the IL2 delivers a lot of ordnance, though she handles like a yak in a mud wallow

Do not discount the Soviet MR line. I am going up the Republic line myself

HazeGrayUnderway #4 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

For a new player, the cost in credits start getting noticeable at Tier V.  A stock, new Tier V costs around 300,000 credits.  Everything gets more expensive with upgrades, research modules, etc.  Then, a new, stock Tier VI costs around 900,000 credits.  Everything gets proportionally expensive as you go up the tiers.  If you can grind down multiple lines in short time and still have all those credits, congrats.  I can't do that.

trikke #5 Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 238 battles

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 07 November 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

If you can grind down multiple lines in short time and still have all those credits, congrats.  I can't do that.

me neither...  sigh

StoptheViolins #6 Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 621 battles
You'll get "stuck" on the credit mill at or after T8.  Credits will be much harder to come by.  

If you don't want to buy a premium then keep the plane you do the "best" in to grind credits.

Also don't burn consumables.

The other source of credits is in the depot.  You can sell old modules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users