Beta Test aircraft emblam not available for some planes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Mercsn #1 Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Since returning within the last few days to the game after being away for 3 or so years, I've noticed that newly acquired aircraft don't have the Beta Tester emblem available under the aircraft emblems section of the paint shop options.  Aircraft that were previously in my hangar still have this emblem option.  Also, many aircraft don't have the anniversary emblem options available. Were these aircraft emblems options removed or is this a bug?

Edit:  Just now, I finished a mission and notice my kill tally mark updated from 3 to 4 on one of the aircraft with the emblem issue (La-5).  So, it's still keeping count from when I flew the plane back in Beta because I did not acquire it until just a few days ago and therefore didn't have any kills in it from 1.0 until now and no way I earned 4 tally marks in 2 days.  So...that part of the decal/skin system is still working for this aircraft and counting from Beta days.  It's the little things that matter, WG!

Edit: failed title spelling of emblem : /

Edit: Purchased a Boomerang premium and it did have the Beta emblems available, this is the first time I've owned this craft.

Edit: Purchased an Fw-190 D and the Beta emblems were availavle; I've never owned this craft before.

Edited by Mercsn, 16 November 2017 - 04:12 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

hawkeyededic #2 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles
It's not just you and it's not just the emblems but the tester paint as well. I filed a ticket and was told that neither the emblem nor the skin was available for my planes, even though I was a CBT with over 2000 battles.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Doesn't available on any planes purchased post-2.0...not sure if bug or intentional...

Same goes for any commemmorative emblems e.g. Public Tester and WG anniversaries.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #4 Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postpyantoryng, on 07 November 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

Doesn't available on any planes purchased post-2.0...not sure if bug or intentional...

Same goes for any commemmorative emblems e.g. Public Tester and WG anniversaries.

I know they finally were available on the free planes they gave us with 2.0. With all the stuff that was not working and having to be patched in 2.0 was far from ready even for beta testing let alone release into the wild.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Zigfreid #5 Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMercsn, on 07 November 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

Since returning within the last few days to the game after being away for 3 or so years, I've noticed that newly acquired aircraft don't have the Beta Tester emblem available under the aircraft emblems section of the paint shop options.  Aircraft that were previously in my hangar still have this emblem option.  Also, many aircraft don't have the anniversary emblem options available. Were these aircraft emblems options removed or is this a bug?

Edit: failed title spelling of emblem : /

did you have a # behind your name like 85 or something?

Mercsn #6 Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 07 November 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

did you have a # behind your name like 85 or something?

Hi, no, just the text.

LMG #7 Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
I also noticed this. It's quite frustrating advancing through the tech trees and not being able to show off that I was indeed a beta tester :sceptic:. I get that not all planes have skins (I believe even back then not all planes even got special skins, but the emblems I don't understand

Mercsn #8 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 07 November 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

Lame, hopefully it's a bug.  I know with respawn, there's really nobody else looking at my planes in a match anymore, but I still like to see them there when in hangar.

Mercsn #9 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 07 November 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

It's not just you and it's not just the emblems but the tester paint as well. I filed a ticket and was told that neither the emblem nor the skin was available for my planes, even though I was a CBT with over 2000 battles.

Hey, hawkeye, I remember you.  Well, that's a shame. I hope they make them "available".  I mean, it should just be flipping a switch to "on".  What bugs me is that I do have some snake and mistletoe eblems available that were apparently freebies, so there's no reason the beta/alpha/anniversary/etc emblems shouldn't be there too.

Mercsn #10 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles
As un update, I just purchased the Boomerang premium today, and it DOES have my Beta emblems available.  So, this really seems to be an issue of WG just not flipping some switch to "on", since this aircraft was acquired after the 2.0 release.

The_Jhereg #11 Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 90 battles
Yep same here, all my old planes have the beta emblems available but when I buy a new plane they are not.  My Christmas and special event emblems are available however.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users