World of Warplanes Crashes my PC after 2.01

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

LMG #1 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

After the latest update my game has crashed about 4-5 times in the span of 2 days. It always occurs at the end results screen, right before going back to the hangar. I'm not having any similar problems with other games at the moment, so I have reasons to suspect it was caused by the latest World of Warplanes patch, as previously I did not have any similar issues with the game. I attempted to reinstall my Nvidia Drivers, but it didn't fix the issue.

Here's the crash dump info I gathered with WhoCrashed:

Spoiler

Anyone knows what's going on?

jack_wdw #2 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
Weird the crashes on Monday were Videocard related (more users have this problem since the latest update)

The crashes from tuesday seem to be network related.
If you are running Windows 10 64, maybe it's good to update your atheros drivers
https://www.ath-drivers.eu/

As an It-tech i've seen more than once problems with Atheros drivers that com preinstalled with laptops.
Download the right driver for your WiFi adapter from the site above, unzip it on your pc, go to device management on your pc, right click your wifi-device, choose update driver, choose manual search location, enter the location where you've just downloaded and unzipped the driver, and it should install the official atheros driver.

These random crashes could also be caused by bad ram, bad psu or sometimes overheating components.

Edited by jack_wdw, 07 November 2017 - 11:18 AM.

gerr22 #3 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
i too had a crashing problem went to game centre settings clicked check and repair 2 GB later fixed no problems since

LMG #4 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 07 November 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

Weird the crashes on Monday were Videocard related (more users have this problem since the latest update)

The crashes from tuesday seem to be network related.
If you are running Windows 10 64, maybe it's good to update your atheros drivers
https://www.ath-drivers.eu/

As an It-tech i've seen more than once problems with Atheros drivers that com preinstalled with laptops.
Download the right driver for your WiFi adapter from the site above, unzip it on your pc, go to device management on your pc, right click your wifi-device, choose update driver, choose manual search location, enter the location where you've just downloaded and unzipped the driver, and it should install the official atheros driver.

These random crashes could also be caused by bad ram, bad psu or sometimes overheating components.

How can I check which driver my computer has? The crash dump info mentions 2 drivers, but the one on my Device Mananger has a different name

LMG #5 Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

I updated the Atheros driver and at first it ran perfectly. After a couple of successful matches on my IL-2 (t), I crashed again after one match with my Ju 88 P. Here's the crash dump info:

Spoiler

I have reasons to believe the culprit is the Ju 88 P. It loads very slowly into matches (sometimes up to a minute), and I'm yet to finish a match with it without getting a blue screen crash. It could be some bug with how the plane is loaded back into the hangar after a battle, considering it is very big for a GAA. The IL-2 (t) however didn't give me any problems. I'll do some more testing tomorrow to give my PC some rest.

Edit: IL-2 (t) isn't giving any problems so far in 2 consecutive games.

Edited by LMG, 08 November 2017 - 04:44 PM.

LMG #6 Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

Alright, another crash happened on my IL-2 (t). I believe it has something to do with the Repair Automatically function, which I had turned off until that one match where I crashed after I left the battle. Here's the Crash Dump info:

Spoiler

Edit: It does not seem to be the Repair Automatically function. I got another crash with the setting turned off. Oddly enough, it seems to have been registered one hour before my current time.

Spoiler

Edited by LMG, 08 November 2017 - 11:54 PM.

LMG #7 Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

The latest patch seemed to have fixed the crashes, until my fourth match where I picked up the Tsh-2 and got stuck at the end results screen. I tried to close my session to force the program to close, and then this happened:

Spoiler

Edit: I can run 4 games just fine, then the game freezes trying to return to the hangar, but if I close the game in time my computer won't crash. It makes me wonder if there's a memory leak somewhere. I also noticed that Game Center eats up a lot of memory, which makes me wish there was a way to close it when I open up a game

Edited by LMG, 10 November 2017 - 02:48 AM.

LMG #8 Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
After 2.0.1.1 I can play almost normally. After what seem to be 2-3 matches, the game gets stuck between the results screen and the black screen that shows up right before returning to the hangar. I can attempt to close the game to avoid a computer crash, however this somehow causes me to be unable to open the game until I restart my PC. It's a lot better than my PC getting a bluescreen crash 4 times a day, but now I'm unable to pinpoint the cause of the problem. I have some suspicion that it could be caused by a memory leak of sorts

jack_wdw #9 Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
It's not easy to tell what might be causing this.

My biggest hunch would be overheating components?

A) do you use a laptop?
B) If you use a laptop, lots of laptops (<$1000) feature i7 cpu and some midrange NVIDIA graphic card.  --> be aware these laptops are NOT gaming laptops and that they are very prone to OVERHEATING.

A decent gaming laptop will always cost more than $1600 (alienware is a decent gaming laptop manufactor)

If you use a cheap i7 laptop, try gaming on a cooling pad https://www.laptopma...-laptop-coolers

Edited by jack_wdw, 10 November 2017 - 02:38 PM.

LMG #10 Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
I do use a laptop, and it is also an Alienware laptop. I do not think it's overheating, as I can feel the temperature on my keyboard and it's never hot enough that I get worried, but I'll keep an eye out on that

jack_wdw #11 Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
Okay that should be a decent gaming laptop.
But if you feel any heat coming through you're keyboard, i think it is possible it's already overheating.
Do you play other games besides WoWP?
Can you play those games for hours straight?

One other thing i've noticed is that you are using a slightly older driver for your NVIDIA video card.
You are using 388.00 driver and the latest is 388.11.

I hope you can fix this problem.
Don't count on WG support.

Edited by jack_wdw, 10 November 2017 - 03:46 PM.

LMG #12 Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

I have DOOM, which heats up my computer quite a bit more than WoWP ever does, and that runs perfectly for hours straight, no slowdowns. Since some of the initial crashes were supposedly related to some nvidia drivers I tried to rollback to an older driver and see if it was an issue with the current one (which I've had happen with multiple games, DOOM included), but the problems persisted and I returned to 388.11. Considering I can run a few matches perfectly before the game dies, I'm wondering if the issue isn't on my end anymore.

I'll try to see later if closing the game after a couple of matches keeps it from blowing up

Edit: Well, ran one game, alt-tabbed World of Warplanes while I waited for my plane to come back to the hangar, and when I alt-tab back this happened:

Spoiler

Edited by LMG, 10 November 2017 - 04:33 PM.

LMG #13 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

Ran into another crash, so I reinstalled the game hoping that would help. If anything it made it worse, as this time it just straight up crashed my PC instead of taking its time.

Spoiler

I'm really running out of ideas of what to do or what can be causing all these problems. I did a disk check and an antivirus analysis with no problems detected. I ran the game without opening Game Center, so that's not the issue here. The last thing I can think of is that it's a problem with WoWp itself

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users