Objectives. Air Defense Fighters. Neutral Caps.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Z3M #1 Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 257 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Hey guys, a vid for those struggling with objectives.  What you need to know about air defense fighters and why objectives are not all the same.

https://youtu.be/MMctD0KeBYc

Helsemaine #2 Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 408 battles

It's pretty basic. Garrison, forward airstrip and airbase can be captured without any ground targets destroyed. Just shoot down all the air defense fighters and it's yours.

Military base, command center and mining plant all require points from destroying ground targets. They don't have enough points' worth of air defense fighters, so you have to destroy ground targets to get enough points to cap. Unless you can lure some red planes into the circle and kill them.

I'd like to see more videos that go deeper. For example I think you have kill all the buildings in a ground target to get any of its points. Simple shooting out every single AA gun doesn't seem to do anything towards capturing the objective. You have to completely destroy all the buildings in a group, including the armored buildings. Are all the building groupings worth the same amount of points each? Some are easier than others to kill.

And what about how to read these status icons?

There's so much strategy here, so much to know. How on earth can you coordinate an effective battle plan in a few seconds with people you've never met before, while flying at high speed into a hail of bullets?

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles
You might want to check the numbers, I'm not able to get on atm but I do believe that the number of air defense fighters is affected by the number of planes on each team.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Z3M #4 Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 257 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posthawkeyededic, on 06 November 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

You might want to check the numbers, I'm not able to get on atm but I do believe that the number of air defense fighters is affected by the number of planes on each team.

I was running 1v1, going to check tonight.  I am also curious if it's by tier as well.  Oh well, some more testing I guess.  I might email WG and see if I can get some more info out of them about bots, objectives and all this other new stuff.

Catch21 #5 Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

It would be useful if someone could confirm, but I think the numbers are constant, and I did a fly around solo today after watching this video just to check and found (L/H=Light/Heavy Fighter):

Territory

Air Cap

Garrison

2L (Boomerang)

2H (Beaufighter)

Forward Airfield/Staging Area

6 L (Boomerang)

Airbase

6 H (Beaufighter)

Plant

None

Military Base

2 H (Beaufighter)

Command Center

3 L (Boomerang)

Might be handy to fly around and count heavy and light AA positions too, but I'll pass on that for today- flying a photo-rec (training room) solo over a base with ALL the AA and Air Defense on you is pretty hairy, try it.

Z3M #6 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 257 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I checked last night with 12 players on each side, seems to be the same numbers everytime.  Tried it by different tier, still the same. Of course this was a training room.  Anybody sees anything different, let me know, so I can correct it.

amade #7 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles
You'll notice that certain sectors on certain maps will always have the same composition with the only difference is that they're generally lower tier than the highest tier combat group airplane. The composition varies not just by sector, but by maps as well. The defenders at the missile base at Scorching Sands: Outpost is always 2 HFs regardless of number of players on each team or highest tier aircraft. But on the harbor map, you'll find it has light fighters added to its complement.

LMG #8 Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

View PostHelsemaine, on 06 November 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'd like to see more videos that go deeper. For example I think you have kill all the buildings in a ground target to get any of its points. Simple shooting out every single AA gun doesn't seem to do anything towards capturing the objective. You have to completely destroy all the buildings in a group, including the armored buildings. Are all the building groupings worth the same amount of points each? Some are easier than others to kill.

To gain control points for a ground target, you have to kill all the buildings that compose that ground target. In the case of AA emplacements, they have the AA gun and 3 buildings, which can be 3 "soft" buildings or 1 "soft" building and 2 "armored" bunkers. In both cases you have to kill all 4 parts to contribute to the capture of the area. That said, both of them seem to give the same amount of points, which is why I often avoid most armored targets unless I have enough rockets and bombs to take them down in one pass or two

HazeGrayUnderway #9 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• 742 battles
When you got a bunch of your team's fighters over a ground-target oriented cap, they're not flipping it anytime soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users