2.0.1.0 1st person camera mod

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Zapperguy #1 Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I tweaked my 1st-person-only camera mod. (Thanks for the tip, Dr Sinister)

I tried 2.0.1.0 on the EU server, because I wanted to test the changes I made to the mod with the new patch.

Screenshots of the new "advanced"settings

Here is video of my revised 1st person mod and the new HUD features.

Here is the camera mod. Unzip it and merge the res_mods folder with the res_mods folder in your WoWP directory, typically located at C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes_NA

Attached File  1st_person_camera_mod_for_2.0.1.0.zip   7.74K

This revised mod works with the current version of the game as well. Installation is the same.

:honoring:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Oh I forget, what is the difference between the western and eastern bank indicator?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

And is it me or is the reticle focused out to infinity making it hard to aim? Even when your camera is in the airplane it looks like the reiticle is way out there in space

p.s. do you have an account that allows you to post on the RU forum?

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles
I think the dust at 900 feet is caused by the use of a barometric altimeter, which reads altitude above sea level. In 1.9 and before we could choose to have either a radar altimeter, a barometric altimeter or both.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

There's only one way to test that. Are there any maps at sea level anymore?

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

hawkeyededic #6 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 02 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

There's only one way to test that. Are there any maps at sea level anymore?

The Pacific map is still in the rotation I think, also Harbor map is at sea level iirc

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Zapperguy #7 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 02 November 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

And is it me or is the reticle focused out to infinity making it hard to aim? Even when your camera is in the airplane it looks like the reiticle is way out there in space

p.s. do you have an account that allows you to post on the RU forum?

To post on the other forums, you have to create accounts there, which I did long ago. Regarding aiming, it makes me laugh when newbies and returning players make fun of the lead indicator we had in 1.9 and before.

Now, all you have to do is put the reticle on the enemy regardless their speed or direction, and if they are in range, you'll hit them. This is so ridiculously point and shoot, that it takes the concept of leading a target completely out of the game.

Having part of the HUD back doesn't make up for the mechanics that were lost.

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

Zapperguy #8 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Posthawkeyededic, on 02 November 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

I think the dust at 900 feet is caused by the use of a barometric altimeter, which reads altitude above sea level. In 1.9 and before we could choose to have either a radar altimeter, a barometric altimeter or both.

Oh, I figured it was a barometric altimeter, but realistically, how useful is it to know your altitude above sea level in this game? If I'm flying 20ft from the ground, knowing how much higher I am than an ocean that isn't there is not information that will help.

pyantoryng #9 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 03 November 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Oh, I figured it was a barometric altimeter, but realistically, how useful is it to know your altitude above sea level in this game? If I'm flying 20ft from the ground, knowing how much higher I am than an ocean that isn't there is not information that will help.

The real question is...why not bot/h

But with dynamic instruments the only choice at the moment it still doesn't matter. Static ones do their job much better. Mann, that Persha, trying to be artistic to something that is supposed to be fully functional...also, with low alt penalty removed the relevance is greatly decreased too...

Edited by pyantoryng, 03 November 2017 - 04:06 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SoftAndCute #10 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 178 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 03 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

To post on the other forums, you have to create accounts there, which I did long ago. Regarding aiming, it makes me laugh when newbies and returning players make fun of the lead indicator we had in 1.9 and before.

Now, all you have to do is put the reticle on the enemy regardless their speed or direction, and if they are in range, you'll hit them. This is so ridiculously point and shoot, that it takes the concept of leading a target completely out of the game.

Having part of the HUD back doesn't make up for the mechanics that were lost.

Lead indicator in WOWS was considered aimbot and a cheat. Main argument was it undermines player's experience and skill. Good players know how to predict enemy's trajectory and lead their shots accordingly- which depends on relative speed, direction and the type of gun/ shells. People seem to think the opposite  in wowp, is it because you don't need to lead the target in wowp and your bullets reach the target instantaneously ? 

From reading all pre 2.0 players comments, I agree flight mechanics should have old settings but I thought knowing how to lead a target without an aim assist indicator is what differentiate a good player from an inexperienced one, which is also closer to real life combat situations- I don't think wwii pilots had lead indicator for their guns during dogfights.

As an an experienced player, are you happy with new (may be actually old) flight settings in current patch because i am still thinking if I should come back to this game since I left back in 2014?

Edited by SoftAndCute, 03 November 2017 - 04:09 PM.

Pogo68 #11 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 02 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Oh I forget, what is the difference between the western and eastern bank indicator?The 

Western indicator the artificial horizon move with the actual horizon.

The plane is fixed to the actual plane in this case your monitor

The one good thing about this patch is the option to use the western format.

That took 3 years and how many patches?

Now, how long will it take for WG to re-size the gunsight reticle to that of a fighter at 200m?

Say 2020?

Edited by Pogo68, 03 November 2017 - 04:54 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Zapperguy #12 Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostSoftAndCute, on 03 November 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Lead indicator in WOWS was considered aimbot and a cheat. Main argument was it undermines player's experience and skill. Good players know how to predict enemy's trajectory and lead their shots accordingly- which depends on relative speed, direction and the type of gun/ shells. People seem to think the opposite  in wowp, is it because you don't need to lead the target in wowp and your bullets reach the target instantaneously ? 

From reading all pre 2.0 players comments, I agree flight mechanics should have old settings but I thought knowing how to lead a target without an aim assist indicator is what differentiate a good player from an inexperienced one, which is also closer to real life combat situations- I don't think wwii pilots had lead indicator for their guns during dogfights.

As an an experienced player, are you happy with new (may be actually old) flight settings in current patch because i am still thinking if I should come back to this game since I left back in 2014?

The lead indicator in 1.9 was optional. It was far from spot-on accurate. You always had to lead or be behind the pipper. It varied how much and which way with each plane and what enemy you were facing - a lot of that is the mechanics they messed up. It helped me tell whether planes were coming toward me or going away (Old eyes seem to struggle with that). Remember that in 1.9 we had a locked target window in the lower left corner. The lead indicator (which I modded to a different color because I could barely see the original) help to ID which plane was in that locked window. I have always flown 1st person; so. I don't have a 3rd person view (which I consider a cheat). Flying peripherally blind means I want all the info I can get from what I can see. The loss of the lead indicator is not a deal breaker by any means. Respawn is. It's a 15 minute game, MAX. How many chances do you need to be careless enough to die in that short a time span?  The battles would be played very differently if players had only 1 life. The irony of it is that before someone does something risky, the cry is often YOLO. In 2.0.x that risky/foolish behavior is rewarded with a fully restored plane again and again.

Now the cry is YOL..AMTAYCDBTS.  You Only Live As Many Times As You Can Die Before The Squall.

It encourages poor tactics and discourages trying to improve one's skills. If the battles lasted an hour, then maybe you consider some sort of respawn mechanic. This is just COD style rush and die, respawn, repeat.

Good Luck to those still playing.

SoftAndCute #13 Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Airman Basic

• 178 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 03 November 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

The lead indicator in 1.9 was optional. It was far from spot-on accurate. You always had to lead or be behind the pipper. It varied how much and which way with each plane and what enemy you were facing - a lot of that is the mechanics they messed up. It helped me tell whether planes were coming toward me or going away (Old eyes seem to struggle with that). Remember that in 1.9 we had a locked target window in the lower left corner. The lead indicator (which I modded to a different color because I could barely see the original) help to ID which plane was in that locked window. I have always flown 1st person; so. I don't have a 3rd person view (which I consider a cheat). Flying peripherally blind means I want all the info I can get from what I can see. The loss of the lead indicator is not a deal breaker by any means. Respawn is. It's a 15 minute game, MAX. How many chances do you need to be careless enough to die in that short a time span?  The battles would be played very differently if players had only 1 life. The irony of it is that before someone does something risky, the cry is often YOLO. In 2.0.x that risky/foolish behavior is rewarded with a fully restored plane again and again.

Now the cry is YOL..AMTAYCDBTS.  You Only Live As Many Times As You Can Die Before The Squall.

It encourages poor tactics and discourages trying to improve one's skills. If the battles lasted an hour, then maybe you consider some sort of respawn mechanic. This is just COD style rush and die, respawn, repeat.

Good Luck to those still playing.

2.0 is fun yet I find it a bit too simplistic- I am somewhat bored after playing 179 battles in 2.0. When I beat another human player, I want to have a feeling I won the fight because I was a player with more skills, who understand the mechanics and invested time learning all aspects of the game. Call me selfish but I want to be able to outplay players with less skills/ knowledge because I know more so the game needs to have some learning curve in it.

At the moment, the game is more like an ipad game  because of the way I have to use the mouse to control the plane. I was hoping I would be able to do some flight maneuver for  engagement, and I just didn't know to to do it with limited flight controls and the mouse (eg in link below). Hope new patch added some of the missing control back.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_fighter_maneuvers>

My point is I don't generally stick around (and spend money) for an ipad game despite it' may be fun to play for 30-min.

I think WG need to balance between simplicity and simulation to maintain hardcore player base that is willing to spend real money.    

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSoftAndCute, on 03 November 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

2.0 is fun yet I find it a bit too simplistic- I am somewhat bored after playing 179 battles in 2.0. When I beat another human player, I want to have a feeling I won the fight because I was a player with more skills, who understand the mechanics and invested time learning all aspects of the game. Call me selfish but I want to be able to outplay players with less skills/ knowledge because I know more so the game needs to have some learning curve in it.

At the moment, the game is more like an ipad game  because of the way I have to use the mouse to control the plane. I was hoping I would be able to do some flight maneuver for  engagement, and I just didn't know to to do it with limited flight controls and the mouse (eg in link below). Hope new patch added some of the missing control back.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_fighter_maneuvers>

My point is I don't generally stick around (and spend money) for an ipad game despite it' may be fun to play for 30-min.

I think WG need to balance between simplicity and simulation to maintain hardcore player base that is willing to spend real money.   

This is what we called 1.9. :great:

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SoftAndCute #15 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Airman Basic

• 178 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 03 November 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

This is what we called 1.9. :great:

Well then, they need to slowly put back all flight controls from 1.9. Hopefully,  they are temporarily trying to make game easy to add new players.

Granted 2.0 is fun and visuals are good, BUT the game needs more . 

Zapperguy #16 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Tried 2.0.1.1 on the EU server. The camera mod in the first post of this thread still works.

:great:

Altimeter remains inaccurate - barometric altitude is just dumb in a game this arcade-like. I need to know where the actual ground is so I don't plant my plane in it.

They might as well throw in a fuel mixture gauge at this point - please give us more information that isn't useful in battle.

:facepalm:

Respawn mechanic remains broken - people are still allowed to respawn.

:trollface:

On a positive note, I played 2 battles in different plane types and got bomb kills in both battles.

:)

Edited by Zapperguy, 09 November 2017 - 08:27 AM.

Also tagged with 2.0.1.0, 1st person, camera, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users