I-15 which plane hull is right?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Vonholtz #1 Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 121 battles

I am new to WoWP but not WG or plane games. So I am working my way up the line of Russian planes. I saw some thing that I wounder about. the pic of the I-15 is one with the top wing coming out the hull of the plane. But the model in game has a top wing that run across the top of the plane. which one is right? From what I see both are called I-15. But why do we have different picture from the plane in game?

Attached Files

• Attached File   main-qimg-330f45b684f6d2927ae450eeca63cab7.png   117.72K
  • Attached File   300px-Polikarpov_I-15bis.jpg   21.23K

jack_wdw #2 Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
first i-15 model had the seagull  wing
I-15 bis reverted back to the straight wing (mostly due to visibility)
with the third version (i-153) , in-game it only existed as a premium, they reverted back to the seagull-wing.

Colddawg #3 Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 241 battles

When in doubt, look up variants of the aircraft.  WG hides variants of aircraft and tanks in their module upgrades.

Take a look at the F4U-1 tier 6 US multirole fighter.  With the .50 cal MGs the model is the F4U-1(A), but switch the guns to the 20mm cannons and it becomes the F4U-1C.  Also if you look at the description of the airframes you can often see the variant designation of the aircraft even though the plane's game designation never changes.

Perfect example in WoT:  IS tier 7 Soviet HT.  The IS with the 85mm is the IS-1, but as soon as you add on the IS-2 (w/upgraded turret) it becomes the IS-2 but it is still called the "IS" in game.

Keep your head on the swivel.

GhostPrime #4 Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostColddawg, on 02 November 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

When in doubt, look up variants of the aircraft.  WG hides variants of aircraft and tanks in their module upgrades.

Take a look at the F4U-1 tier 6 US multirole fighter.  With the .50 cal MGs the model is the F4U-1(A), but switch the guns to the 20mm cannons and it becomes the F4U-1C.  Also if you look at the description of the airframes you can often see the variant designation of the aircraft even though the plane's game designation never changes.

Perfect example in WoT:  IS tier 7 Soviet HT.  The IS with the 85mm is the IS-1, but as soon as you add on the IS-2 (w/upgraded turret) it becomes the IS-2 but it is still called the "IS" in game.

This is true! You will find the different variants of vehicles in the Modules section. We actually have a variant of the I-15bis though. Its a Premium Gift Aircraft the I-15bis Dm it has ram jets attached to the lower wings

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

An_Average_Jho #5 Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 31 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
The stock configuration of the plane is the one that is pictured in the garage. In this case, the stock I-15 has the gull wings while the I-15bis airframe upgrade has the straight wings. Even after upgrading, the picture in the garage remains that of the stock configuration. Other examples would be the 190D (stock airframe has a shorter nose than the upgraded airframe), 109Z (same as 190D), Bristol 143 (additional air intakes), Beaufighter (turret changes location and size), et cetera...

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

Colddawg #6 Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 241 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

This is true! You will find the different variants of vehicles in the Modules section. We actually have a variant of the I-15bis though. Its a Premium Gift Aircraft the I-15bis Dm it has ram jets attached to the lower wings

It'd be nice to see the models be updated like they do in Tanks.

HINT HINT

Keep your head on the swivel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users