SETTING UP YOUR NEW BOMBERS " recommended Set-Up "

BOMBERs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 678 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
​These are my recommended.  start set - up's   ​ for both of my bombers.  Again these are,  " only recommended " but they do seem to work for me, by extending the battle on most fights. Your Bombers comes with 1 skilled point for both Pilot & Gunner. Recommend : Accelerating both of them to 3 skill points each. Anything more then that, really starts getting too expensive. Now ... for your Pilot :.put the first point in Eagle Eye ( it's shared with your gunner ), next 2 points in Protection Expert  (shared with your equiptment ).  ​Gunner first point   ​Vigilance, next 2 points  in ​Armorer. ​Remember these set-up's will add   " a bonus "  to your Equiptment.  So now, lets go to your Equiptment , select : Reinforced Airframe 1​, --  Concealing Livery 1 --  &  -- Bomber sight 1 ​. ​The first 2 selections get a 40% boost from your pilots Protection expertConsumables  : ​Restarter - Fire Extinguisher - Med Pack. .....You Will lose an engine   --- You Will catch fire,  &  You Will lose your gunner due to injuries, so equipt. those 3.   This should give you a Good Start, and hoefully keep you in the Air longer. Good Hunting.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 November 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Cenotaph #2 Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 311 battles

No arguments about the equipment selection, but your skill choices leave me scratching my head...

What's your reasoning for all the view range?

Why no demolition expert?

Why no cruise flight or engine skills, to help with the initial climb to altitude?

Your stats suggest that you're trying to play your Blenheim at much lower altitude than I do... (2800-3000m)

Edited by Cenotaph, 01 November 2017 - 10:37 PM.

cobra_marksman #3 Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 678 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCenotaph, on 01 November 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

No arguments about the equipment selection, but your skill choices leave me scratching my head...

What's your reasoning for all the view range?

Why no demolition expert?

Why no cruise flight or engine skills, to help with the initial climb to altitude?

Your stats suggest that you're trying to play your Blenheim at much lower altitude than I do... (2800-3000m)

Well notice I said first 3 skill points, as your as skill points go up, 4--5---6--- your skill placement might change a bit.  My bombers Now have 6 skill points on the Pilot & Gunner & i have made changes twice. These were for beginners, who were wondering what they should do starting off with the bombers. As a bomber, I've been chased and shot down at 10k in the tier 3 bomber, & shot down at 12k in the tier 6 bomber. The only thing that's going to be saving your butt .....is your tail gunner, so I built up my tail gunner.  They mostly, .... come from behind, & stay their, trying to tear you up. Read  both Eagle Eye & Vigilance  ​they both complement your tail gunner, & he'll brings the fight to them. They'll soon enought  get the message   . & if not...they'll soon bleed out of health.   Hell.... jump into the tail gunner seat & have a little fun yourself.  Also, I have no problem climbing to 10 or 12 k, those engines don't need anything, they are fine. I do climb to 10k , for peaceful bombing. Now, unless they're Looking or Hunting for me.... I bomb between 7 to 8k.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

Zigfreid #4 Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Nice new players could use this input.

Cenotaph #5 Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:00 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 311 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 02 November 2017 - 01:05 AM, said:

Nice new players could use this input.

As a new player, with somewhat better stats in the Blenheim than the OP has, I respectfully disagree...

He still hasn't explained his desire for view range, it makes no sense to me at all... as you can already see planes long before they can fire at you.

View Postcobra_marksman, on 01 November 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

Read  both Eagle Eye & Vigilance  ​they both complement your tail gunner, & he'll brings the fight to them.

I think you might need to read it, they both clearly mention view range, not "range you can shoot at"... which seems to be what you think they do. (I assume... you don't explain your reasons for your choices well)

Not taking Demo. Expert as a first choice is equally baffling... why wouldn't you want 15% larger radius and damage on your bombs, in a Bomber?

Also, according to other threads, Armorer is useless in 2.0... which makes for yet another of his suggestions that makes little sense to me.

Defensive Fire (30% less damage) or Precision Gunner (more crits) seem like far better early choices for a tail-gunner. (Or perhaps Ballistics Expert, the skill that actually improves Tail-gun range)

I invite you to point out anywhere I may be wrong, because I'm certainly not an expert... but his suggestions make no sense, and his explanations of his reasons leave alot to be desired.

Additionally: Looking at Magus' vid (below)... it seems I'm on the right track.

Edited by Cenotaph, 02 November 2017 - 07:06 AM.

cobra_marksman #6 Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 678 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

"I invite you to point out anywhere I may be wrong, because I'm certainly not an expert... but his suggestions make no sense, and his explanations of his reasons leave alot to be desired.  I'm really not going to point out anywhere were you are wrong. Sorry but ..their is No Right  or Wrong.  Your " Settings " are indirectly based on you & the plane your flying. How you fly & what your looking to accomplish will determine, " How you choose to set it up ".  My " Recommended  Setting " are based on what I'm looking to accomplished, which is based on several factors....1. First of all ... Survival,  if i'm not bombing targets, & or capping bases, then i'm no use to my team spending most of my time in the respawning mode. Not to mention ..... watching them after the squall goes thru. Now ...Eagle Eye & Vigilance  ​gives, my gunners &  me  a " Heads -Up, because he seens them sooner & His Gun Burst starts sooner, giving me a heads-up to what's coming,( someone is approaching & trying to get on my tail ). Now my attention is to check my 6, & if their is a real threat, approaching, I switch seats with him. Did you notice he mentioned ...your tail guns get a boost if you man it,... i do. Now i'm seated & locked on to him, before he knows it, I pull back on the throttle, because ...your not out running him, and he's not leaving  So i want him as close as possible in the least amount of time when i'm ready to engage him. I counting on my Armorer .. ( buffed armor ...  (hit points ) &, now being that  i'm in the gunner seat ) to get me thru this approaching fight. One on one...I've have no problems taking down fighters & heavy fighters. As the climb up to engage, i'm already tearing them up, as they level, & they engage, i finish their remain low health. This set-up allows me to accomplish that, survive & get back to Bombing targets. Did you Notice how( in the video ) quickly he got taken out of the battle, on his first bombing run...by ......Not having the buffed Reinforced Airframe 1​, --  Concealing Livery 1.   I don't ever have that problem ever. Now unless 2 fighters or 2 heavy, attack me at once, i never need to respawn . Now that bring us to #2 ) Winning the Round    Normally i place 1st. or 2nd. after the round ends, that's really all i can do to help them outThis set-up work for me, & i believe it will probably work for you. Have over 175 battles with this set-up, so it does work. Every battle is different, & so is every pilot, so find what works for you, & unless they  (game makers change things ) stick with it.  At this point if you don't mind, we can agree to disagree based on personal settings, requirements,& your styles of play.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 November 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Snarky_Wombat #7 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• 162 battles

Interesting discussion guys despite Cobra's inexplicably interesting writing style.

Despite feeling dirty about this I have to agree with Cobra here.  In my experiences building for tankiness, vision and whatever else you can do to get the rear gunner firing faster has really helped me stay in the fights, dropping ordnance on unwilling targets.  At first it might seem strange given how weak the rear gunner in the T3 bomber is but if you stay tanky, have vision and skill right you can a fortress with a sting.

Cenotaph #8 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 311 battles

View Postcobra_marksman, on 02 November 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

At this point if you don't mind, we can agree to disagree based on personal settings, requirements,& your styles of play.

But I'd sincerely like you to elaborate on why you make your choices...

Your explanations might make sense to you, but to me, you haven't adequately explained what you think the benefits are... or your reasons are not matching up to what the skill descriptions say.

Not sure why you're talking about Airframe and Livery... I already said in my first post that I agree with your equipment choices... it's your skills that don't make sense.

On the subject of view range... all I can say is that my tailgunner can see targets long before they are in range to shoot at, so again... why do you think you need view range? (Or, how exactly do you think it helps?)

Sounds more like you want Ballistics Expert, since that actually makes you shoot farther. (Tho currently bugged, according to reports)

And where exactly does it say Armorer adds HP or "buffed armor", because all I see mentioned is 20% longer burst fire... (Which, btw, according the following thread, isn't even relevant any more.)

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/50547-psa-rear-gunner-range-skills-are-not-working/page__hl__%2Bgunner+%2Bskills__fromsearch__1

From what I know about WoWP, DRACS guys are pretty top notch... and everything you are saying contradicts them.

View PostSnarky_Wombat, on 03 November 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Interesting discussion guys despite Cobra's inexplicably interesting writing style.

Despite feeling dirty about this I have to agree with Cobra here.  In my experiences building for tankiness, vision and whatever else you can do to get the rear gunner firing faster has really helped me stay in the fights, dropping ordnance on unwilling targets.  At first it might seem strange given how weak the rear gunner in the T3 bomber is but if you stay tanky, have vision and skill right you can a fortress with a sting.

Tankiness makes sense... but other than Prot. Expert on the pilot, I fail to see how any of his other suggestions increase the tanking ability.

Taking Defensive Fire on the Tailgunner would certainly qualifiy, moreso than Armorer and Vigilance... but he doesn't even have it listed.

View range skills make sense on fighters, not bombers...

Edited by Cenotaph, 03 November 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Tablecat #9 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 444 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

View Postcobra_marksman, on 02 November 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

...Eagle Eye & Vigilance  ​gives, my gunners &  me  a " Heads -Up, because he seens them sooner & His Gun Burst starts sooner, giving me a heads-up to what's coming

But enemy planes are visible waaay before they even get into the range of your rear gunner. Is there a situation where enemy planes remain unspotted within close range of your plane if you don't have eagle eye and vigilance? If there is, I haven't noticed.

Also tagged with BOMBERs

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users