xbox360 windows controller setup?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jack_wdw #1 Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4681 battles

Is there any way to configure the Microsoft Xbox360 controller so it can work more or less the same way as in v1.9

This means

left stick = manoevring (and when the stick centers, plane has to level out again instead of keeping the bank)
right stick = free look camera

left button= cancel thrust
right button= boost thrust

In 2.0 it seems like right stick can only be used for either free look camera or as thrust axis.
When i want to reassign commands, it doesn't allow me to put thrust controls  back to the L+R buttons, i get an error message that thrust needs to be put on an axis.
When i leave the setup as default, more or less everything works, but i have no acceleration button available.
For me it's now either flying with 360° vision and no means of acceleration or flying with straight forward tunnel vision and yes, then i can use boost.

Never had to change the default control setup for this controller in v1.9, but in v2.0 I just can't get it right.
X360 and X1 are the default controllers for the 'games for windows' label and they are officially supported by most pc-games.
Most pc-games play flawlessly with these and in 95% of the cases you don't have to tweak the controls.
So far this controller only gave me troubles in WarThunder, being one of the biggest reasons i shifted to WowP, but now the controls seem bugging in here too.

Edited by jack_wdw, 30 October 2017 - 08:12 AM.

This account is the family car, my other car is wack007@eu

jack_wdw #2 Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4681 battles
*BUMP*

2.01 update seems to have made it worse.
Whatever i try now, i can't get the camera on the right hand stick anymore. (only when i go over to mouse, hold mouse-rb, then i can view with mouse, but this sucks donkeyballs)
It doesn't allow me to assign rearviewmirror to any GP-button.
Also whenever entering sniper mode, i can only continue steering with mouse.
When i go over to config, I can select it and assign bindings, but whenever i'm ingame, these mappings don't work.
It seems as any viewing setting is not allowed on the gamepad anymore.

This account is the family car, my other car is wack007@eu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users