Bots too strong?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ThermodynamicFence #1 Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

Airman Basic

• 314 battles

Does anybody else feel like the bots that are placed into matches to fill out a team roster are just a little bit absolutely absurdly strong? It feels almost impossible to engage in fights with actual players when every bot in a 10 mile radius decides to target one specific player until they're a burning wreck plummeting to earth.

Thoughts on them? I personally can't stand flying fighters because regardless of how I engage, two or three of them will latch onto me and knock out half of my hp before I'm out of range. Even when I'm diving in on a climbing la-9 bot and I pull off, they're able to keep on my tail for what seems like ages, usually plenty of time to completely ruin my viability for further attacks.

This all might just be a symptom of not being used to the way bullets seemingly home in on you in this game, anybody have any tips?

amade #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

Don't pick on the first red plane if he's not alone. Pick the guy in the back of the pack, the rest will be focused on some other bot/player on your team. Always go after planes that are latched on to your team mate, bots usually break off their attack when they get tailed. If everyone does that for each other you and your team mates have better chance of coming up on top.

If you are the first plane ahead of your pack, you're bait. Lure the red planes so that your allies end up behind them.

^^^ All this is assuming the red planes are mostly bots, who are predictable. Actual players in red planes require a slightly different tactic, and obviously, if possible should be prioritized over bots.

FIight #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:49 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
fly a fighter with strong firepower and head on with botards, they will be afraid and turn away based on their silly optimization algorithm

Pogo68 #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostThermodynamicFence, on 27 October 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Does anybody else feel like the bots that are placed into matches to fill out a team roster are just a little bit absolutely absurdly strong? It feels almost impossible to engage in fights with actual players when every bot in a 10 mile radius decides to target one specific player until they're a burning wreck plummeting to earth.

Thoughts on them? I personally can't stand flying fighters because regardless of how I engage, two or three of them will latch onto me and knock out half of my hp before I'm out of range. Even when I'm diving in on a climbing la-9 bot and I pull off, they're able to keep on my tail for what seems like ages, usually plenty of time to completely ruin my viability for further attacks.

This all might just be a symptom of not being used to the way bullets seemingly home in on you in this game, anybody have any tips?

The bots are not any better than in 1.9

I'm average, in the kill/death dept, and I've got a max number of 16 kills in a Spad in a single match, 7 in a Spitfire Mk1A, the rest range from 2 in the IL's and between 5 and 7 in the rest.

The Heavies have been nerfed a bit and the fighters are becoming more dominant.

At least until most of the players figure out how to play them properly.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Blast_Radius1 #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1325 battles

View Postamade, on 28 October 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Don't pick on the first red plane if he's not alone. Pick the guy in the back of the pack, the rest will be focused on some other bot/player on your team. Always go after planes that are latched on to your team mate, bots usually break off their attack when they get tailed. If everyone does that for each other you and your team mates have better chance of coming up on top.

If you are the first plane ahead of your pack, you're bait. Lure the red planes so that your allies end up behind them.

^^^ All this is assuming the red planes are mostly bots, who are predictable. Actual players in red planes require a slightly different tactic, and obviously, if possible should be prioritized over bots.

I've only played for a little while, but I would agree with this guy. Head for the back of the pack for sure. Once you get used to the bots evasion tactics, you'll find they seldom change.

ThermodynamicFence #6 Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Airman Basic

• 314 battles

Thanks for all the help! 

On the other types of bots, the air defense aircraft. I found the heavy ones will intentionally ram you. I've been body slammed from behind many a time while engaging other air defense planes. It's very funny.

Edited by ThermodynamicFence, 28 October 2017 - 06:48 PM.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3205 battles
In exchange for their strength, they have no tactics or strategy whatsoever. There will be times that you are at the mercy of the bots whether the match will end in victory or defeat from that particular weakness.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

barfinup #8 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 109 battles

I understand why they gave the bots extra health to make up for a simple AI, but it needs to be tweaked:

Ramming - all bots should receive full ramming damage to at least take them out when they go all RamBot on you. Since bots have a death wish, their extra health should not count when ramming. It's crazy when a bot on 5 health can destroy your plane on full health and survive the ram.

Alternatively they should actively try and avoid ramming any aircraft like a sane human pilot with functioning weapons would do

Heavies - they just have too much health. It's boring tailing a heavy bot for 5 minutes unloading a bazillion bullets into them to take them out, not challenging or exciting.

It's frustrating to play heavies on the other hand because of how fast they can take you out, since we are given the expectation that a heavy is virtually indestructible after fighting them.

AA/Air defence craft should do increased damage to bots. Again we're given an unrealistic impression of our plane survivability when a single bot can fly around a base attacking it for ages without dying. We try it and you get taken out in seconds by AA or a single Air Defence craft that gets behind you. This effect is multiplied when the attacking bot is a heavy - I don't think Air Defence or AA of an entire base can even take out a single heavy bot.

Other than that, I think they are just OK as far as bulking out the game

vonluckner #9 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 743 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO
They're too stupid. It's frustrating to have a game thrown because bots either abandon or ignore a military district or command center over garrisons/airfields.

ramp4ge #10 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

The only thing "strong" about the bots I've run into are the Beaufighter's strong desire to ram things.

But otherwise, they're cake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users