• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #61 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 10 January 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Mars,

What the most points you've gotten in a single battle toward a crate? I had 37 points the other day in my Spit XIV. I think that's the best I've done.

:honoring:

I'm not sure off the top of my head. Somewhere in the range of 30 I think.  I remember being partially complete the 1st crate after 1 battle, and br the end of the seond battle I was in the 20-30/100 for the second crate, but I never took the time to keep track.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Zapperguy #62 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Thanks. I think it might be the plane. I just tried it on the EU server during peacetime for a couple battles. :amazed:

Spoiler

MARS_REVENANT #63 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 10 January 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Thanks. I think it might be the plane. I just tried it on the EU server during peacetime for a couple battles. :amazed:

Spoiler

Spitfires are OP-AF.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

RandomPauI #64 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1713 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
Do the guides for the higher tier p-51's apply to the p-51a?

MARS_REVENANT #65 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:48 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View PostRandomPauI, on 11 January 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Do the guides for the higher tier p-51's apply to the p-51a?

Generally they are the same flying style.

pyantoryng #66 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:02 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 10 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

I'm not sure off the top of my head. Somewhere in the range of 30 I think.  I remember being partially complete the 1st crate after 1 battle, and br the end of the seond battle I was in the 20-30/100 for the second crate, but I never took the time to keep track.

Over 50 points was possible...

Spoiler

Playing on Allies, however, tend to have the match cut short by superiority, scoring past 30 on Allies is really an impressive feat...

Edited by pyantoryng, 12 January 2018 - 03:02 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Andreas_Jager #67 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 579 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Is it possible to fire MG's with onekey and Cannons with another key? Are the weapons already grouped by type and just need assigned to separate keys?

Edited by Andreas_Jager, 12 January 2018 - 05:03 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #68 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View PostAndreas_Jager, on 12 January 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

Is it possible to fire MG's with onekey and Cannons with another key? Are the weapons already grouped by type and just need assigned to separate keys?

Yes, you can assign different weapon groups to divverent keys/buttons.  It is under Settings/Controls/Firing.

legoboy0401 #69 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Yes, you can assign different weapon groups to divverent keys/buttons.  It is under Settings/Controls/Firing.

Hey, Mars. Have you seen the Bomber bug where bombs randomly don't reload? If you have, could you make a video on it? I'd like to get the word out that this bug still exists, is common, and needs to be addressed.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

MARS_REVENANT #70 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hey, Mars. Have you seen the Bomber bug where bombs randomly don't reload? If you have, could you make a video on it? I'd like to get the word out that this bug still exists, is common, and needs to be addressed.

I have not.  But a video from me wont do anything about it.  Try starting a support ticket and submit your own videos and screen shots if it is happening to you.  I'll try flying some bombers tonight during my life stream.  Which plane in particular are you having this issue with?

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 12 January 2018 - 08:05 PM.

legoboy0401 #71 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

I have not.  But a video from me wont do anything about it.  Try starting a support ticket and submit your own videos and screen shots if it is happening to you.  I'll try flying some bombers tonight during my life stream.  Which plane in particular are you having this issue with?

It happens with practically every bomber ever released. Heck, even the good ol' Blenheim Mark IV(e) has this problem. Personally, I've only had it happen on the Do 17Z, but that's a moot point as the Do 17Z is the only bomber I own and this bug is specific to bombers if I recall correctly.(which, I believe, I do)

It also, as a matter of fact, happens at random, and I've never really thought of taking screenshots of it until now, as I'm usually too busy figuring out what the heck I'm going to do in that battle while my bombs aren't reloading.

I'll try some screenshots if it happens again, but it's only happened to me once. Then again, it's possible that the only reason it hasn't happened to me more than once is because I only have 12 battles in the Bomber class so far.

I've heard many, MANY reports of people having this issue occurring.

What do you make of it? I think it makes bombers useless in that battle that it occurs for them in(hint, IT DOES) because bombers' only weapon against their designed prey(ground targets) are bombs.

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

MARS_REVENANT #72 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

It happens with practically every bomber ever released. Heck, even the good ol' Blenheim Mark IV(e) has this problem. Personally, I've only had it happen on the Do 17Z, but that's a moot point as the Do 17Z is the only bomber I own and this bug is specific to bombers if I recall correctly.(which, I believe, I do)

It also, as a matter of fact, happens at random, and I've never really thought of taking screenshots of it until now, as I'm usually too busy figuring out what the heck I'm going to do in that battle while my bombs aren't reloading.

I'll try some screenshots if it happens again, but it's only happened to me once. Then again, it's possible that the only reason it hasn't happened to me more than once is because I only have 12 battles in the Bomber class so far.

I've heard many, MANY reports of people having this issue occurring.

What do you make of it? I think it makes bombers useless in that battle that it occurs for them in(hint, IT DOES) because bombers' only weapon against their designed prey(ground targets) are bombs.

I have never had it happen to me.  So it is strange that it is happening to a lot of other people.  Just a question: you are dropping ALL of your bombs right?  Ordnance does not reload if there is some still left on the plane.  It only reloads if you have used all of one or the other.  For example in a MR with 2 bombs and 6 rockets, you have to use both bombs before it will reload, or you have to use all 6 rockets before the rockets will start to reload.  If you have 1 rocket left, or 1 bomb left, it will just stay that way.

I have all 3 premium bombers and 1 of the new German Bombers. So I'll fly all 4 tonight.  But like I said, I have not come across this so far, nor have I seen it with any of the Multi Role planes.

Do you recall if it is on a particular map? Or several maps?

legoboy0401 #73 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I have never had it happen to me.  So it is strange that it is happening to a lot of other people.  Just a question: you are dropping ALL of your bombs right?  Ordnance does not reload if there is some still left on the plane.  It only reloads if you have used all of one or the other.  For example in a MR with 2 bombs and 6 rockets, you have to use both bombs before it will reload, or you have to use all 6 rockets before the rockets will start to reload.  If you have 1 rocket left, or 1 bomb left, it will just stay that way.

I have all 3 premium bombers and 1 of the new German Bombers. So I'll fly all 4 tonight.  But like I said, I have not come across this so far, nor have I seen it with any of the Multi Role planes.

Do you recall if it is on a particular map? Or several maps?

About the maps, that I don't know. It did happen for me on Scorching Sands, but I'm not sure if that means anything. It's definitely worked fine on Scorching Sands before. The bug was also definitely after I dropped all my ordinance, as there was no white on either the HUD ordinance indicator or the Bombing Mode ordinance indicator. Everything was a grayish-black(faded) and nothing was happening on either ordinance indicator, that much I do know.

MARS_REVENANT #74 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 January 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

About the maps, that I don't know. It did happen for me on Scorching Sands, but I'm not sure if that means anything. It's definitely worked fine on Scorching Sands before. The bug was also definitely after I dropped all my ordinance, as there was no white on either the HUD ordinance indicator or the Bombing Mode ordinance indicator. Everything was a grayish-black(faded) and nothing was happening on either ordinance indicator, that much I do know.

Usually if you hit the 'Alt' button you can see the countdown timer of how many seconds before the ordnance reloads, was it stuck at a number or did it count down to 0 but the bombs just didnt reload?

legoboy0401 #75 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Usually if you hit the 'Alt' button you can see the countdown timer of how many seconds before the ordnance reloads, was it stuck at a number or did it count down to 0 but the bombs just didnt reload?

I always turn on alternative interface mode when in battle. No, it showed exactly as I said. No timer, no progress bar, no nothing. Just a grayed-out progress bar and a grayed-out ordinance indicator.

In other words, THE NUMBER NEVER APPEARED.

Edited by legoboy0401, 12 January 2018 - 09:54 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #76 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 January 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

I always turn on alternative interface mode when in battle. No, it showed exactly as I said. No timer, no progress bar, no nothing. Just a grayed-out progress bar and a grayed-out ordinance indicator.

In other words, THE NUMBER NEVER APPEARED.

Just one more thing I need to make sure of.  You are 100% sure that you started the battle with bombs, then dropped them all, then it wouldn't reload.  There is no possibility that while in the hangar the 'resupply automatically' box was unchecked and you entered battle with nor ordnance?  I did have this happen to me once.

legoboy0401 #77 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Just one more thing I need to make sure of.  You are 100% sure that you started the battle with bombs, then dropped them all, then it wouldn't reload.  There is no possibility that while in the hangar the 'resupply automatically' box was unchecked and you entered battle with nor ordnance?  I did have this happen to me once.

Yes. Here's why: The Do-17Z is a bomber. When I go into the service tab, the bombs are always loaded. I cannot demount them, nor can I tell them not to resupply as the exact box you mention, the "resupply automatically" box, is permanently checked, and the bombs are free.

MARS_REVENANT #78 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3003 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 12 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Yes. Here's why: The Do-17Z is a bomber. When I go into the service tab, the bombs are always loaded. I cannot demount them, nor can I tell them not to resupply as the exact box you mention, the "resupply automatically" box, is permanently checked, and the bombs are free.

KK I tried it out. FLew 4 different bombers 5 different times and also numerous MR aircraft and didn't have any issues with ordnance reloading. 

legoboy0401 #79 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 January 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

KK I tried it out. FLew 4 different bombers 5 different times and also numerous MR aircraft and didn't have any issues with ordnance reloading. 

It CAN happen to any bomber at any time, but that doesn't mean it will, nor does it mean it won't.  It's kind of random like that, but I assure you, it is widespread. I think the average is about 1 in 20 battles in a bomber, but it can happen in as little as 1 in 10 battles in a bomber.

Do take note though, that because it is so random, you can end up not getting the bug ONCE for quite some time, and then getting the bug back to back. On the forums, a few people have mentioned getting it back to back, like I said.

It should not and does not happen to multi-roles, as far as I've heard.

Keep trying. I know I will.

LMG #80 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1402 battles

Hey Mars, I have some doubts about the new bombers. So far I've only been able to use the Blenheim and the Do 17 Z, and I've found that they don't really do anything that a proper GAA can't do more easilly. Like I can take caps solo, and I hit my bomb drops (if RNG lets me), but I can also solo caps on my GAAs, and I don't even have to worry about my bombs missing the target since I literally shove them down the building's roof. AA is also not as much of an issue on GAAs because I can properly deal with it through firepower. On top of that, I've come to realize that the German Bombers are very, very frail to survive anything that can reach them. The weak tailgun of the Dornier doesn't help either, and the speed feels like a handicap more than anything else, as most high-altitude aircraft can keep up with you (and that's at 3k meters). So, my question is: When is it actually better to have a Bomber than a GAA? So far my answer has been never :sceptic:. I want to like the Bombers, but when I fly them I just wish I had a GAA instead

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users