Ask MARS_ Anything!

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #101 Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

MARS,

do you play WOWP with or without your shoes on?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MARS_REVENANT #102 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 24 January 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

MARS,

do you play WOWP with or without your shoes on?

I never wear shoes in my house, sometimes I wear slippers, it depends how cold it is.  So to answer your question, I play WOWP without my shoes on.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

trikke #103 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

then no shoes for me, from now on       

Marco says #barefootpilotswinmore

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

LMG #104 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

Well, in theory flying shoeless does make your aircraft lighter :unsure:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

mnbv_fockewulfe #105 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 25 January 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

I never wear shoes in my house, sometimes I wear slippers, it depends how cold it is.  So to answer your question, I play WOWP without my shoes on.

I was going to ask if you fly without your pants on but it seemed a bit crude.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MARS_REVENANT #106 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 26 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

I was going to ask if you fly without your pants on but it seemed a bit crude.

I make sure to wear pants while I am streaming.  When I am not streaming, it depends... I have been known to play in nothing but shorts during summer... it gets pretty hot/humid.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

MARS_REVENANT #107 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 07 January 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Which is better? 

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each one?

​Here is my video response, and a comparison between the 2 planes.  Hope I answered your questions.

MARS_REVENANT #108 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:23 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostPerrigrino, on 24 January 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

hey Mars,

Watched your ME 109 TL video and I echoed some of your comments in a post on Ramming. Patch 2.0.3.0 has "bastardized" the aircraft specifications Legend, and one has a hard time figuring out what's what. Perhaps material for someone to post on, that and the lack of info in the pre- Battle Screen which is now devoid of opponent aircraft details. They are not making things easier by making it dumber. 

Anyway. My question(s) relate to 1) DETECTABILITY, and 2) MATCH MAKER.

!. As you recall, planes flying at low elevation, especially GAA were pretty much undetectable below 50m. There was also another modifier, I think other plane high up could not detect other aircraft below 200m, or something of that nature (memory is 2nd thing to go with age). What have you noticed with regard to flying at low altitude and detectability, if anything? I see planes appear and disappear on the Mini-Map, but can't figure out what's going on. 

2. Few times now, I have been launched into battle, usually T8 and up, where I am pitted against a flight of two humans. That is 1 vs a flight of 2. Me and my bots vs a Team and their bots. Twice the other 2 human pilots were  in T9 heavies and I was in T8 fighter. They were gracious enough to lay off me as they knew I had absolutely no hope in hell. The battle was over within a few minutes. Now, aside from complaining to WG developers to fix an ongoing problem that pre-dates 2.0, what, if anything would you do to try to combat the situation? Or is it just one of those issues that needs fixing? 

​3. (Easy one) What do you use for Roll, Level Off Rate and Mouse Sensitivity in Advanced Settings? Your hands are steadier than mine..

​Can't find anything related to either Q1+2 in Developer's Blog, but I am only part way thru it. As you are aware, other priorities take precedent, like life. Thanks in advance for your time, much appreciated.

1. I don't think the cammo does anything anymore. I have been less than 10m of the deck and been spotted by live and AI planes that were well over 1500m. WG needs to issue a new dev-blog for it to explain how or if it even works now.  I just use cammo because it looks pretty.  Most of the time if the plane has a special skin, I just use that, and it doesn't add any concealment.
  2. Not much you can do , unfortunately higher tier MatchMaker is a bit borked due to low population.  When I am in a low tier fighter, when entering a sector to capture it, I focus on the light /multirole defense aircraft as they can be killed faster.  The up tiered heavy fighters take much longer to destroy.  A flight of HF is hard to deal with.  Not much you can do except try and coordinate with your team/bots.
  3. I use 100% roll rate, 0% level off rate, 100% mouse sensitivity, also because it is a gaming mouse I increased it to 900dpi.

Perrigrino #109 Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2042 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Thanks, especially for that last tidbit. I have once again been forced to experiment with mouse settings, and as you know, in previous iteration of game (1.X) mouse settings were critical. I use a sensitivity setting of 10%, which lend a steadiness to aircraft- not so jerky. Seeing your really low dpi, you likely achieve the same result.

The roll and level off rates - have tried from 0-100% and variations thereof. When roll rate set on low side I find the plane does not respond as lively, so I have set it at 50% for now. Level off rate I have settled for 10%. My mouse dpi is usaully around 1900, if I don't accidentally hit the wrong button and kick it up higher.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #110 Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL
Automatic Flaps; enabled, or disabled?

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

MARS_REVENANT #111 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 23 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Automatic Flaps; enabled, or disabled?

Manual flaps, mapped to my 'E' key.

DaCommander #112 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

Airman Basic

• 237 battles
Thanks for the video MARS. I just started the game, and am wondering how you could see the number of stars you have that you earn from battles and need to research aircraft. Thanks!

MARS_REVENANT #113 Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostDaCommander, on 30 March 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the video MARS. I just started the game, and am wondering how you could see the number of stars you have that you earn from battles and need to research aircraft. Thanks!

If you click on the UPGRADE tab, it tells you how much EXPERIENCE(stars) you have in the plane you are in, and how much you need to upgrade each module, and how much till the next tier plane.

RandomPauI #114 Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1770 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
Are the XP-58 or I-260 worth picking up?

MARS_REVENANT #115 Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRandomPauI, on 31 March 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Are the XP-58 or I-260 worth picking up?

I have the XP-58.  I won it during its release event.  I dont have the I-260, yet, but its not that hard to fly against.  It depends what you like to fly, if you like HF play, I would go for the XP-58, if you like LF I would wait for the P-80 to come up for sale before the 260.  But if you need an RU plane for pilot training, the 260 should be decent.  SO far every tier 8 premium does well, none are OP, and none are bad.

RandomPauI #116 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1770 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

I can just wait for the P-80 or Seafang then. I have the ME 109 and the rocket plane already. I was hoping to pick up a third pref 8 to make doing the daily missions easier but it's a low priority.

Come to think of it, I'd really need to understand what missions I'm having trouble with at tier 8 and why before picking a plane to cover the gap.

MARS_REVENANT #117 Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRandomPauI, on 31 March 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I can just wait for the P-80 or Seafang then. I have the ME 109 and the rocket plane already. I was hoping to pick up a third pref 8 to make doing the daily missions easier but it's a low priority.

Come to think of it, I'd really need to understand what missions I'm having trouble with at tier 8 and why before picking a plane to cover the gap.

If you let me know what the mission is, I can let you know how I would play it.

MARS_REVENANT #118 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3374 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Just bringing back some old advice from a thread that is locked and being archived.

How to get Fast EXP and Credits Efficiently:

Block Quote

Don't listen to anybody that advises you not to rush.  Fly what you want, when you want, how you want. If your goal is to finish all the lines, you can always go back and perfect your performance in any plane.  For myself personally, grinding is like job, I just wanted to get it out of the way, so I could go back and enjoy playing what I wanted.

The best way to get EXP fast is:

• Get your x2 every day for every plane that you are grinding.  This will literally get you a plane twice as fast.
  • Premium account.  This will give you a further 50% more exp per battle.
  • Don't waste time flying something you have already researched the next tier, you could be grinding what you need.  Once you have researched the next tier, all you are basically doing is accumulating exp on the plane that you cant do anything with, unless you use gold, or you are transferring it to the pilot.  This doesn't get you through the lines the fastest.
  • Don't use up your free exp on the next plane, grind for the plane, once you get it, use your free exp to fully upgrade it, then your first battle will be in a 100% upgraded plane, you will do better and get more exp.
  • If you are in a heavy, multi-roll or light fighter, air targets earn more exp than GT.  In terms of gaining exp, hitting GT should be lowest priority.
  • Winning gets you more than losing.
  • If you are at the end of a battle and the last enemy is hiding, start hitting GT as much as you can, there is a lot of exp available if you can farm for a while.
  • premium planes are only good for training pilots and grinding credits, don't waste time in them unless you are complete all your x2 daily bonuses on each plane you are working on, and need the money to buy the next tier.  If you do fly premium planes, go to the crew tab and select accelerate crew training, this sill train your pilots faster and you wont wast exp on premium planes that you have to spend gold to convert.
  • The exchange for gold to free exp is garbage(and exchange for silver is even worse), try and avoid that, gold is better spent on premium account.
  • I bought all my higher tier planes on sale, yes you have to wait it out, but you will save enough for free planes rather than buying at full price.  Once a tier is finished, park it and focus on the other lines till a sale comes up, then make your purchase and rotate that line back into the mix,

I currently have all tier 10's except for the new line that was released a few days ago.  My play time is limited, but I am about 80% complete the tier 7 already.  The fastest way through the lines is to always be working towards the next tier, so whatever you do make sure you are still working on something.

simonyee #119 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

Airman Basic

• 45 battles

Hi,

How to invade?

Why is it that every time we don't destroy the AA guns and facilities it kept on firing?

Either AA or flak guns.

So how to stop this from continually firing?

Must we destroy all the ground targets at the same time what about the defending air fleet. Are those must be defeat too?

Thanks

Simon Yee

LMG #120 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postsimonyee, on 18 June 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

Hi,

How to invade?

Why is it that every time we don't destroy the AA guns and facilities it kept on firing?

Either AA or flak guns.

So how to stop this from continually firing?

Must we destroy all the ground targets at the same time what about the defending air fleet. Are those must be defeat too?

Thanks

Simon Yee

Kinda hard to understand what you're saying, but I'll give it a shot.

To make AA guns stop firing at you, you have to destroy the gun itself. It's marked with a triangle for low-altitude AA and a house-like symbol for high-altitude AA (aka, flak guns). To capture a sector you must earn enough capture points within a sector. You get capture points by shooting down hostile aircraft of destroying all the buildings within a ground target. You defend a sector by shooting down enemy aircraft, which basically "substracts" a few of the capture points they have collected. Aside of that, capture progress does not move either way on its own, even though Air Defense Aircraft and ground targets respawn.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users