Ask MARS_ Anything!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Perrigrino #21 Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 352 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Nice work Mars. Although I am disillusioned because of the way we were treated, this ol' dawg is still trying to adapt and put on a brave face. Your video's are a great help and your insights and strategy are well thought out and add a different perspective. More importantly, you continue to help other players and for that I want to applaud  your efforts, and keeping cool under the weight of a lot of criticism.

To help answer:

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 30 October 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

It looks like it takes 50000 XP to get a pilot from 50% to 100% proficiency?  Looking at the tech trees the first planes that take more than 50000 XP to research are at Tier VII, which suggests that pilots won't reach 100% proficiency until some time through Tier VI planes, unless you really decide to keep some in maybe Tier V.  (Then you get to demote them back to 50% to move them to the next Tier plane.)  Of course in the free-to-play model we're being encouraged to spend $ to have non-potato pilots, but always knocking pilots down to 50% in planes they really can't get to 100% in seems pretty extreme to me. Does it start to make sense to spash cash on them for 90% initial proficiency at Tier V, or wait until Tier VI?  At some point presumably the proficiency edge provided by the initial 100k outlay pays back after a certain number of battles. 

Pilot proficiency: I noticed (while helping my son in his T1 planes) that proficiency and skill really affects the planes now. From what I saw in T1 with basic modules and no proficiency or skills, the planes behaved like kites on a string and had the sting of a butterfly. This was also the case in my Alt account in T1 with bare bones plane, which I had set up to learn playing with a joystick. It's night n day. Base modules and no pilot skillz is very different. But I also think there was significant lag. Compared to my regular account where I have T1  planes with all modules and 3-4 pilot skills.- huge difference in play. (and before anyone complains, I used to get daily missions and tokens, before advent of 2.0)

As for training pilots, I use to (before 2.0) buy gold and used to convert XP to Free XP which gives me 5x more and moves pilots up faster than Accelerated training. Also I watched for things like this weekend where one gets 35% more on conversion to free XP so speeds thing up. Unfortunately it cost $ to train quicker- that's the trade off. Time for $. But then it helps keep game alive. After all, at some point we all need to contribute to keep it alive. Just wish "they" would listen and not treat their customers with complete and utter disregard- very disrespectful. Now they are in damage control mode and participate in different POSTS,  "appearing" to be listening... ah but I've said too much. Back to Pilot Skills: The proficiency from 90% to 100% is easy to get. The first 4 points for skills is also relatively easy to earn, especially utilizing the xp of numerous planes, converting 25% (35X% on special days) to Free XP, then Accelerated training at 5X, for skill points. Sounds convoluted but it's not. As we know, the skills point required rise exponentially, which requires grinding at higher tiers for increased damage and point earnings. This was my strategy and interpretation of how to work pilot training.

Keep up the good work Mars.

__jimsterbaby__ #22 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

Airman Basic

• 333 battles
  • [-LBM-] -LBM-
hello first ever post so here it goes ,the screen seems to bounce or move incorrectly most of the time  on my home pc but at work it runs better less movement plays better .now my home is a newer better pc at work around 2004 pc.both get good frames .but at home its very erratic hard to hold a turn with out bouncing around .its funny ,also it doesn't shelf correct at all which something i hope they fix

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post__jimsterbaby__, on 02 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

hello first ever post so here it goes ,the screen seems to bounce or move incorrectly most of the time  on my home pc but at work it runs better less movement plays better .now my home is a newer better pc at work around 2004 pc.both get good frames .but at home its very erratic hard to hold a turn with out bouncing around .its funny ,also it doesn't shelf correct at all which something i hope they fix

Could be a hardware or connection issue.  I dont do tech support.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #24 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSpeedstang, on 01 November 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

I'm rather new to the game and I've been enjoying it a lot so far, but I can't seem to figure out Heavy Fighters in specific. I just get fighters latched on to my tail and killed since I can't turn hard enough to get my guns aimed at them. The rear gun doesn't do much damage either. How do I use this class effectively?

View PostSpeedstang, on 01 November 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

I'm rather new to the game and I've been enjoying it a lot so far, but I can't seem to figure out Heavy Fighters in specific. I just get fighters latched on to my tail and killed since I can't turn hard enough to get my guns aimed at them. The rear gun doesn't do much damage either. How do I use this class effectively?

I finally had a chance to answer this AMA with a really down to basics tutorial of Heavy Fighter play.  Tier 2, 3, and 4 including the 110 C6 DERP cannon and a tier 2 air to air bomb kill.

Here are some links to other HF tutorials.

http://forum.worldof...-38f-lightning/

http://forum.worldof...ol-beaufighter/

http://forum.worldof...rschmitt-me210/

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 03 November 2017 - 05:47 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I feel the need to answer questions nobody has asked... LOL

So ASK_ME_ANYTHING!

And I will do my best to answer.

MARS_REVENANT #26 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostDesmios, on 11 November 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

I feel like they are just crappier fighters with a couple crappy bombs.

Am I missing something?

Does their gun deal more damage to ground targets?  Anything at all?

Here is your answer!  Here are 3 example battles flying tier 1, 2, and 3 MultiRole fighters.  Win 2 and lose 1, but even in the loss is a good example of what can happen if a team does and does not use their planes effectively.

Thanks for watching, and please feel free to continue to ASK_MARS_ANYTHING

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 11 November 2017 - 07:49 PM.

Desmios #27 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 218 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 November 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Here is your answer!  Here are 3 example battles flying tier 1, 2, and 3 MultiRoll fighters.  Win 2 and lose 1, but even in the loss is a good example of what can happen if a team does and does not use their planes effectively.

Thanks for watching, and please feel free to continue to ASK_MARS_ANYTHING

awesome reply!  I truly learned a lot, thank you!

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

During a live stream Twitch user jswap asked how I would set up and fly the Me 209 V4.

Equipment set up would be reticle and equipment for maneuverability.

I used my standard consumable setup for LF/MR which is wing repair, extinguisher and maneuverability boost.

Pilot skill I went with aerodynamics expert to start as it gave a further boost to the plane equipment.

Theory: pick targets that are damaged or unsuspecting, or take out Heavy Fighters on the enemy team.  If you get someone on your tail boost away in level flight or a slight dive.

-- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/mars_revenant.

Here is a brief How To on the ME 209 V4

RandomPauI #29 Posted Yesterday, 06:42 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 548 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
I'm sorry in advance, this is a really vague question. I feel like I'm plateauing at level 5. I know there are things I can do to improve my performance, that I must be making mistakes. But I can't seem to identify them. Where should I start fixing things?

MARS_REVENANT #30 Posted Yesterday, 06:46 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRandomPauI, on 22 November 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

I'm sorry in advance, this is a really vague question. I feel like I'm plateauing at level 5. I know there are things I can do to improve my performance, that I must be making mistakes. But I can't seem to identify them. Where should I start fixing things?

LOL... yeah ask a vague questions... get a vague answer... I am flying mid tiers in my stream tonight. Wednesday November 22 9pm - 11pm.  If you want to know how to vaguely get better, watch me play and do the good things that I do.

Stay tuned...https://www.twitch.tv/mars_revenant

LMG #31 Posted Yesterday, 07:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

I got a question, how well does the Hs 129 B perform when used properly? I ran a few battles in it out of curiosity (I went with the Stuka instead) and to calm down my inner completionist, and I could not find a proper use for it aside of a wannabe Stuka. So far I've been able to somewhat figure out other GAAs, to the point where I can take on Mining Facilities with the Ju 88 P without breaking a sweat, but the Henschel has been the only one to elude me (and frustrate me) lately. The one thing I did notice was that its top engine lets it boost at ludicrous speed :kamikaze:

gerr22 #32 Posted Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
+2 MARS even if i new most of it still picked up a pointer or two or three thanks

RandomPauI #33 Posted Today, 12:42 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 548 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
What timezone is your stream starting?

MARS_REVENANT #34 Posted Today, 01:00 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
EST... will start it *SOON.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users