Guide Review Video Me.210

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

So, here we have the introduction to the German heavy fighter line, which, truth be told, is wandering out in the wilderness right now.  Prior to 2.0 the winning strategy with this line of aircraft was to sit up high, pick out your prey, dive-kill-climb and then repeat at the next opportunity.  Now, with the dynamics of the game revolving around the aerial battle at medium to low altitude to capture influence points across the map this line of aircraft's prior preferred fighting style is no longer capable of regularly delivering victory, or even mildly influencing a match outcome.

So, it's time to change things up.  I believe that, as in history, the true function of these aircraft will be to hunt down and destroy enemy bombers, but without many of them in game at this point watching out for an enemy bomber feels like hunting for unicorns.  Granted, there are the maps that summon bomber squads that fly slowly across the map, and eliminating these is a cinch for German heavies.  These aircraft are very well equipped to climb to bot bomber altitudes and their guns are able to quickly put them down.  I'm sure that once player controlled bombers are more plentiful that the high altitude hunt will be what Zee Germans are all about.

Until then, you're going to have to do what you can to influence the cap points, and while the big Messerschmitts aren't optimal for this role with some teamwork you can swing a battle with the big guns and big bombs you bring to the table in these Zerstorers.  Like the British heavies, Germans are penalized very slightly for carrying ordnance now; so feel free to load up and drop your eggs on the first ground target that gets within range; preferably a high value one or one equipped with an AA gun or cannon.  Then, if you have a wingman, begin picking out one target at a time to do fly-bys on; get your shots and bait them into chasing you so that your wingman gets a perfect shot for the killing blow.  If you are flying solo stay with and above the "blob" of bots and players on your team.  Dive in and engage aircraft that are already tied up in the furball; you'll likely cripple or destroy them with a single pass, and survivors usually get finished off very quickly by teammates so you don't have to worry about having your tail cleared of a vengeful enemy you just shot up.

I'll put out an addendum to this once I rejudge the lay of the land when bombers are more numerous.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Timothy_Nieberding #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 61 battles
  • [BBW] BBW
Thanks Magnus.  Attack planes have a more important an historical role as well.

Zigfreid #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Thanks Magus, good video and flying.

Also tagged with Guide, Review, Video, Me.210

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users