A-26B Guide Review Video Flight

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Here is my second bomber guide, featuring the Douglas A-26B Invader. Historically this aircraft was used for mid to low altitude precision bombing and raiding. Her suite of forward mounted Ma Deuce 50 cals is proof enough of this. Although effective at shredding unarmored ground targets, these guns are also effective in elimination of aircraft that find themselves in your field of fire.

To make good use of the Invader in low level operations requires a different approach to her optional equipment and crew skills versus what you would find optimal on the Blenheim bomber. Since she'll be absorbing a lot of punishment from AA and enemy fighters focusing on survivability is a must. Not that the Invader isn't good at high altitude bombing, far from it. Duplicating the equipment and crew setup from the Blenheim results in a devastating tool of point capture, and with ten 50 cal guns for defense she is well equipped to defend herself on her own turf.

No matter how you choose to build your Invader, she will provide huge payouts in credits and experience earned as long as you stay focused upon what you should be doing in each battle.

Good hunting! :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Snarky_Wombat #2 Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Master Sergeant

• 162 battles
Thanks Magus, learning a lot from your videos.  Very much appreciated.

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

Very nice, and well worth watching.

Just a note, if you are going to be flying her down on the deck like this, another good choice for equipment is Concealing Livery in place of Rear Gun Stabilization. 30% reduction to efficiency of AA guns is nice down low in the thick of it as well. Magus' other two are mandatory imo, but rear gun stab and concealing livery are both equals and interchangeable on this particular plane.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Pogo68 #4 Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

How quick between bomb releases?

If it's immediate, I would advise setting up the initial attack run in such a way as you can hit multiple targets in a single pass.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

MagusGerhardt #5 Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPogo68, on 26 October 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

How quick between bomb releases?

If it's immediate, I would advise setting up the initial attack run in such a way as you can hit multiple targets in a single pass.

You drop four bombs in series with each bomb drop button depression, so there is a bit of a delay between individual drops.  So long as the targets you are going for aren't parked next to each other taking out targets in serial isn't much of an issue.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Shot44 #6 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

Airman Basic

• 371 battles

Thanks Magus!

I played the a26 in the test as a high alt bomber and didn't like it much. Watched your video, then tried it out and am really enjoying it.

Learning the best timing for bomb drops will take some time but all in all I think "invader" on my shiny new A26 is going to be its go to role.

if you see me in game don't put holes in it

Shot44

MagusGerhardt #7 Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostShot44, on 26 October 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

if you see me in game don't put holes in it

No promises!  :playing:

Mercsn #8 Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles
I'm tickling you with my mind, herr Magus.  I'm amazed some of you familiar names have stuck around so long!  I'll credit the decent shape the flying and shooting is in to you guys.  Good to see you posting helpful stuff. I'm here trying to figure out the new game!  I still have yet to discover these bomber thingies, though.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

MagusGerhardt #9 Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMercsn, on 05 November 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

I'm tickling you with my mind, herr Magus.  I'm amazed some of you familiar names have stuck around so long!  I'll credit the decent shape the flying and shooting is in to you guys.  Good to see you posting helpful stuff. I'm here trying to figure out the new game!  I still have yet to discover these bomber thingies, though.

GOTTENHEIMEL!  Good to see you , Merc!  Do you have any of the bombers from the relaunch event?  If not, I'd hold off and get one when they go on sale next year, or work up the line that WG says should be out sometime this month or in Dec.

Also tagged with A-26B, Guide, Review, Video, Flight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users