Boulton Paul Defiant

An interesting WWII AC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Furysghost #1 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• 912 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

l wonder if it would be practical in WWOP?

Especially the Merlin XX model with 1480 hp. (lt did 304 mph with 1030 HP @17,00 ft.)

The 4 x.303 in the turret could be fired 360 deg as a nite fighter it excelled in the MK II version.

Ah well l just thought it was kinda a cool unique British fighter and might be ok in low tiers.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

With controlling gunner disabling plane maneuvering for the most part, it is doubtful whether it can work to its full potential.

But 4x.303 is a proven weapon on the Beaufighter...it might *just* work as a very gimmicky plane...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #3 Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
It proved to be a terrible day fighter but it worked really well as a night fighter against bombers. Give it the performance to get up to and stay with the bombers in 2.0 and it could be a good but limited plane.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

StoptheViolins #4 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 621 battles
Well the key to the BP was if the pilot took the plane into a downward spiral, the enemy plane couldn't get on the tail easily but the gunner could do it's job.  In WoWP I don't think that would work as there seems to be some aim assistance that would negate such tactics.

Einssniper #5 Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 622 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 24 October 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

It proved to be a terrible day fighter but it worked really well as a night fighter against bombers. Give it the performance to get up to and stay with the bombers in 2.0 and it could be a good but limited plane.

They should really add more modes, night-fighting modes are necessary as a lot of planes in game use radars

Mikula #6 Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 85 battles
I wouldn't say alot Ein. Looking at Tier 10, the only one I can see that has Radar, is the Gloster Javelin. If they added other aircraft like the De Havilland Sea Vixen, then that would be a different story. The Sea Vixen was a twin seat naval fighter with an Air Intercept Radar.

As for Nightmode: I like the idea but, given how rare Radar was (back in the day), it may be hard to pull off. It's already hard at certain hours just to play Tier 6 (due to no one in the que)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users