A positive note

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RuneStorm #1 Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

Senior Airman

• 676 battles
  • [WWP] WWP

Been seeing so much hate for 2.0 that its not even funny anymore. so I thought i toss a positive one in the mix.  Before 2.0 a bunch of my friends played this game and all said the same thing. warplanes sucks, dont bother, if you want to play a game with one life and over half the team hiding with long wait times for you plane to get out, play tanks. and i play tanks maybe one month out of every six months. (because i get pissed and not want to play the game because half the team hides)

Well my friends and i heard about 2.0 and thought to give it a try. well if it stays this way we are here to stay. granted would like to see a limit on re-spawns, i.e. maybe 3 or 4 times max. (with timer on re-spawns being the same as is now) with out the squall.  I like the fights over the bases and such, makes it interesting and I always find it funny watching the old time players hiding in some out of the way spot waiting for the right time to strike.  its always been my biggest grip in tanks is the players that hide until the match is all most over before doing anything, then claiming they are the best, elitist, and such when they hardly do anything to help.

Also love that i dont have to wait 10 to 20 mins for match to end to fly again, when trying to level up a plane.

As for the naysayers, maybe add a realistic mode with one life, or call it hardcore mode.

Anyways, if this stays this way, my friends and i will stay and keep tossing money your way to support the game.

Kesh_Lives #2 Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

Don't let the forum naysayers bother you much.  Other than some people who are on the forums during work time (like me), most people come to the forum to complain, and people who want to play are doing exactly that, and aren't on the forum.

Edited by mavfin87, 24 October 2017 - 10:46 PM.

TokyoExpress #3 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 146 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Don't let the forum naysayers bother you much.  Other than some people who are on the forums during work time (like me), most people come to the forum to complain, and people who want to play are doing exactly that, and aren't on the forum.

So based on your battle vs forum count you're more of a poster than a player...is that right ?

By the way, I complain plenty here, but still have managed to play the game twice as much as you..go figure ?

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10892 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Sorry son, you cannot sort all players into two boxes.  For example, I play both modes of WOWP:  Conquest and Forum Wars 2.0 in almost equal measure.  

See?  Once you try to sort everyone neatly into two boxes, someone comes along who doesn't fit in either.  

Tovarich123 #5 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 73 battles
2.0 is lame, should allow option to play 1.9; but if they did that, who would play 2.0?

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #6 Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

Senior Airman

• 238 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

View PostTovarich123, on 24 October 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

2.0 is lame, should allow option to play 1.9; but if they did that, who would play 2.0?

I am having fun.  Perhaps it is my ignorance, but I find the conquest mode fun.  The only thing...  I think whichever team has the most real people playing (i.e. the fewest bots) wins.  So, there is that...

~B

I am a newb scrub who started after 2.0.  I know...  I am truly sorry.  But this is looking fun!

Kesh_Lives #7 Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostTokyoExpress, on 24 October 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

So based on your battle vs forum count you're more of a poster than a player...is that right ?

By the way, I complain plenty here, but still have managed to play the game twice as much as you..go figure ?

Actually, some of that is because I could post on the forums when I had a break occasionally the last weekend, but I was otherwise not near a computer to play the game.  So, yeah, I've been behind lately.  My job does that sometimes.   

TokyoExpress, I have no real ill will against 1.x players, but when a bunch of players go out of their way to troll anyone who has a differing opinion, it gets really old.  Especially when more than one of your buddies followed me around for two days posting behind anything I said, and accusing me of working for WG, and you all cheered him on.  And you now expect me to just smile and think you're a great guy?  Not that you care anyway, but, yeah.  That group of people probably shouldn't expect some of us to give you any respect for a while.  I don't expect it from you, either, but if you want other people to take your side who were there for that?  Yeah, that's a bit much.

Kesh_Lives #8 Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 24 October 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

Sorry son, you cannot sort all players into two boxes.  For example, I play both modes of WOWP:  Conquest and Forum Wars 2.0 in almost equal measure.  

See?  Once you try to sort everyone neatly into two boxes, someone comes along who doesn't fit in either.  

Actually, Bobby_Tables, I wasn't thinking of you at all when I said that, but, I also generalized.  There are always outliers.  You also didn't label people wholesale as WG shills for disagreeing with them.   It's been pretty ugly lately, but it's calming down.  

502ndBull #9 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1084 battles
  • [502T] 502T
I'm enjoying it so far.  More work to be done but I think its a good restart.  I realize the loyal pre 2.0 player base is not happy, all 80 or so, but lets face it.  The game was dead.  This is better than not playing at all and I can only hope good things are on the way.  Hopefully there will be more game modes as conquest will get boring after a few hundred battles I'm thinking.  I would like to see the option of playing a standard or conquest mode.  So, my experience in the reboot has pretty positive so far.  Here's hoping the game keeps moving forward as opposed to previous patches.

StoptheViolins #10 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2182 battles
I have been playing quite a bit lately and learn a good bit from how other players play.  There are a few things that bother me like the lower dps of wing guns compared to the center mounted guns.  Also there is a sync issue or some planes can shoot off center 15% or so.

Also I hope there is a way to make the camera tied to the plane vs a fixed chase camera.  I find myself stuck firing at targets just barely on the bottom left or right of the screen because the camera is trying to do one thing while my plane is doing something else like diving and banking left.

For the most part I haven't ran across any butt heads in game which is a nice change from capt ballistic in WoT and much more rarely WoWS.

paradat #11 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 246 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
Agreed +1

I am having fun for sure. Hopeful for future development.

​The Sea is full of Wolves. Lone Wolves Clans

ReverendDel #12 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 268 battles
  • [-ZEF-] -ZEF-
Loving it, I feel it's a lot more than just "Don't be first into the dogpile" and definitely more strategic overall than 1.9. That said I'm sure the simplified nature of 2.0 does rankle with some and I do hope WG give us a mode that appeals to those players.  

ramp4ge #13 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

After playing almost entirely ground attack since I started playing 2.0, I decided to give fighters a try. I free exp'd to an Oscar-I. I remember reading how awful it was.

1st game in it, 17 kills, 1 death (which was to AA, after the squall) and my squad-mate and I got Raptor Duos.

Was a whole lot of fun! I'll be playing this route a whole lot more. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users