Analysis

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

:teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:         :sceptic:

Today's video brought to you by WG's Global Brand Director, Al King

Al King was the person interview back in March 2016 as I reported on the future of WoWP

Spoiler

Here is an interview with from GamesCon 2017 talking about WoWP

And again a new interview in 2017 after update 2.0 release here by MMORPG.com

So all of this becoming clear to me over the Persha situation with update 2.0.  Word comes from above to program WoWP this way for the new update. Persha goes, really? Do you know what will the results will be? The upper WG office says yes its because the players demand it. (FVE- that POV is debatable with me). Persha does what they are told. Then Persha takes the blame in becoming the scapegoat for a bad decision. I believe found the root. I now see the stars. This is clear to me. :amazed:

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 22 October 2017 - 03:12 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

pyantoryng #2 Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

It's those Central Asians

Block Quote

Al King: Because of our vastly reduced development team and we have been fixing these core issues with a skeleton crew, stuff like esports and stuff to do with PRMP, Player Relationship Management Platform, haven’t been built into the game yet. Our first goal was to stop [World of Warplanes] from gradually dying. It would have been turned off eventually. Taking a nose bomb. We think we’ve stopped that. Now we’ll be trend positive and once we’ve proven we can keep that momentum, we can immediately engage without PRMP guys and put our PRMP functionality into the game. Then sit down with the esports guys and ask how to optimize the game for esports. They’ll tell us what they think and we’ll make it happen. All this next level stuff can now happen because we’ve fixed the core. It’s an aspiration. As far as when it’ll happen I can’t say. Let’s reconvene at PAX or E3 and we’ll talk about it. And if I don’t have something for you then, you can kick my [edited].

Hmmmm.................:unsure:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Thinking this should be shaped like chess or World of Warcraft... some folks are so ingrained into thinking success can only be achieved with their secret formula. When all else fails, fall back on this... a mmolrpg.
It's not a secret formula, it works with some groups of gamers. It's not likely going to work with WoWP as the type of gamers that like that stuff (mmolrpg) also like to dress up as Demonic Dragon Slayers and Blood UltraOrcs... or whatever... they won't be interested in airplanes from 70 years ago... cold and hard facts. Yep, they'll play your game and show up to your big grand opening party but in a month or so you'll be scratching your head saying... but we paid those experts so much money and now everything is racing down the drain...
Sorry, you've chose the wrong captain for this ship. His thinking is too linear...

oh yeah... IMHO

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Einssniper #4 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 622 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

So what's the good side of flying a bomber? You just camp high and throw bombs, 

while high altitude fighters with formidable firepower could tear you apart in seconds..

This is the game of fighters, bombers do not promote active game play. Bombers are worse than artillery

Edited by Einssniper, 22 October 2017 - 09:14 PM.

pyantoryng #5 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 22 October 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

So what's the good side of flying a bomber? You just camp high and throw bombs, 

while high altitude fighters with formidable firepower could tear you apart in seconds..

This is the game of fighters, bombers do not promote active game play. Bombers are worse than artillery

NA Planes player even coined a term for that............

Edited by pyantoryng, 22 October 2017 - 09:21 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 October 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

NA Planes player even coined a term for that............

what is it i havent heard it yet.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

pyantoryng #7 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 22 October 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

what is it i havent heard it yet.

Spoiler

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
oh that guy.:rolleyes:

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mullyman #9 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles
"You die way too quickly’ was one"

uhmm.just the window lickers who rushed in 1st without a clue....
Oh yeah forgot those were the players you are targeting....riiiiight....

mullyman.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Basically from what i can gather their business model is a total lie to use and to them. 

Who the heck are the players they think they're listening to? Not us. Players who aren't even playing the game? Why should ypu care about making them happy of they don't even play the stupid game.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

CamoCladWarrior #11 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 22 October 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Basically from what i can gather their business model is a total lie to use and to them.

Who the heck are the players they think they're listening to? Not us. Players who aren't even playing the game? Why should ypu care about making them happy of they don't even play the stupid game.

I have been trying to understand how anyone with any common sense could punch their loyal customers in the gut with no remorse the way Wargaming has. As much as I cannot stand playing WoWP in its current 2.0 form I struggled to figure out how some new players can pop off about how much they love it.  I decided to seek out some reviews of the new game and found this:  https://youtu.be/KEx1UQJ5sec

After I watch that video it became clear to me.  The reviewer loved how easy it was to log on and just start killing things without any understanding of the game or any effort.  The two games he played he lost but was so enamored by the packaging of the graphics and idiot/skill proof reward system he actually gave the game a positive review.  I went back to see if he had previously reviewed WoWP and sure enough he had, several times and his previous reviews were completely negative.

My take away at this point is the game has been intentionally dumbed down to cater to the low effort, common core, everyone gets a trophy ADHD crowd.  It explains why those of us that loved the game for the way it made us work hard to better ourselves and achieve what we had earned hate the damned thing so much now...

Edited by CamoCladWarrior, 22 October 2017 - 10:37 PM.

ArrowZ_ #12 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 23 October 2017 - 08:06 AM, said

My take away at this point is the game has been intentionally dumbed down to cater to the low effort, common core, everyone gets a trophy ADHD crowd.  It explains why those of us that loved the game for the way it made us work hard to better ourselves and achieve what we had earned hate the damned thing so much now...

QFT... :(

FVE - In your HOF thread, priolia admitted their group was not in "agreement" of the wowp's direction in the past and that with 2.0 they finally are given breathing room to do what they've always wanted to do with the title - Conquest. I'm also curious why this clown in the video thinks this strategy is something of a new fashion to the general wowp public. I guess they're aiming this tip to the 2.0 newbies? Makes more sense I guess.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 23 October 2017 - 02:28 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Bobby_Tables #13 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostArrowZ_, on 22 October 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I guess they're aiming this tip to the 2.0 newbies? Makes more sense I guess.

Totally, the 2.0 version is very much aimed toward a new crop of players and why not?  As he said, the game as it existed was dying and they were going to pull the plug unless something drastic was done.  

Welp, they did something drastic.  Now it is time to see if it results in more players online.  2.0 for all its warts and unfinished items will probably will have a hard time doing worse than 1.8/1.9. 

Based on my experience so far, I see more hu mans in game now than I did over the summer and into the early fall with 1.9.  Does that mean they will stay and more will come?  I do not know.  But they did something drastic and whether or not it "saves the game" will be determined in the future and not today.  

ArrowZ_ #14 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

I know. And it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is pissing off your current loyal playerbase that have become accustomed to the previous content, a fault not to the people playing the game, but to the people managing and developing this game to have taken THAT long to have come up with this solution that is 2.0.... Come next 3-5 years when they repeat history with this decision, will the now new 2.0 players react the same way?

Anyway I'm sure all this will become a broken record at some point, if it hasn't already. It's clear they want a new target audience. I actually don't have that much against conquest mode. It's such a casual online 95% pve 5% pvp mode, that anyone can have a good time. Just turn your brain off and you'll enjoy it. The level of difficulty and challenge presented in any online competitive gameplay is gone when they released 2.0. I can only hope what they promised in the next few months with this "deathmatch" pvp mode will revive what most of us signed up for years ago.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArrowZ_, on 22 October 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Come next 3-5 years when they repeat history with this decision, will the now new 2.0 players react the same way?

I can only hope what they promised in the next few months with this "deathmatch" pvp mode will revive what most of us signed up for years ago.

3-5 years... I'm thinking big decisions will be made in less then 6 months, though we as customers won't find out until they've already taken another, hammered in granite direction. It's a pattern that will not change until they respect the input of the few intelligent ideas and opinions that have always been looking them in the eyes.

The trick to making great decisions is to listen to all ideas and then only follow the good ideas... hehe, sounds easy... huh?

Yep, deathmatch will buy them time to "maybe" find the correct path... and making another average pretty time burner game will just prolong the averageness and even increase the difficulty of making this game great for the next "genius idea". Choosing the right path at this exact time is the real trick to success. 

IMHO... GL

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FlakValleyExpress #16 Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 October 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

It's those Central Asians

Hmmmm.................:unsure:

I think Al told Victor he can change things with WoWP by telling programmers how to make a successful flying game from a marketing POV. As a result we end up with this mess.He's the WoWP expert now.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 23 October 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

mullyman #17 Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles

L M A O

Jingles = typical ADHD new generation clown.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I like to fly around and shoot things and feel like I'm contributing to something.

Enjoy your participation trophy snowflake.

mullyman.png

Weapon_of_Proliferation #18 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
Uninstalled.

TokyoExpress #19 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• 146 battles
The truly ironic thing is this: Al states that the reason 1.0 failed was because it was released too soon. So, how do they go about fixing that...by releasing 2.0 too soon ! Just gotta love that.

MelBrooks #20 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Ah....um.....all our sales and product development / strategists were design or process engineers first. Oh, and Al we tested and verified the product on design, function, and quality constantly. Not sure whether to laugh, cry, or pour a double after you hear clowns like this.

Also tagged with Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users