American Multi-Role Fighters: Which line?

Help Tech Tree American Fighters Multi-Role Fighters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

AncientRaig #1 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 110 battles
  • [KRTFL] KRTFL
So, I'm just starting to get back into WoWP and I'm wondering which of the two American Multi-Role lines I should go down. The land-based line that leads to the F-84 has some of my favorite aircraft it in like the P-47, but the carrier-based line that leads to the F7U looks like it has better stats. I'm not really sure which one I should run. Any advice?

Wesrin #2 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 304 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

They both are decent. Both suffer from maneuvering in the turn fight. However both have good engines, good speed, great altitude performance and excellent firepower. I prefer the Corsairs because they see cannons at Tier VI, whereas the P47's love those Ma Duces (.50 cals). Cannons are better for strafing passes at enemy aircraft rather than the .50's, but against a Heavy Fighter/Bomber those .50's will chew their HP down in no time.

Why limit to one? Pick both!

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

pyantoryng #3 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:46 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2171 battles

They got nerfed to the ground, literally. Losing helluva lot of altitude performance just because they are multirole fighters, therefore must carry ordnance and attack targets...

...and machine guns got nerfed, directly or otherwise. Probably a better choice to stick with the carrier line for this version, just for the cannons...might as well go over to F7F if you feel like it.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
The Thunderbolt line is not good right now, they got hit hard by the same nerf bat that the Heavy Fighters got hit with. They can no longer climb out of trouble and they lack the speed to effectively get away now. They do ok as a GAA now, those massed .50 cal guns can take out a soft target with ease, but they really can't get away or counter a fighter like they use to. I loved by Thunderbolts before, but now not so much.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

AncientRaig #5 Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 110 battles
  • [KRTFL] KRTFL

View Posthawkeyededic, on 21 October 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

The Thunderbolt line is not good right now, they got hit hard by the same nerf bat that the Heavy Fighters got hit with. They can no longer climb out of trouble and they lack the speed to effectively get away now. They do ok as a GAA now, those massed .50 cal guns can take out a soft target with ease, but they really can't get away or counter a fighter like they use to. I loved by Thunderbolts before, but now not so much.

That's definitely something I've noticed flying the P-43. If I see something like a Zero I might as well just fly into the ground and get it over with because I have no chance of fighting it unless I can force a head on or he gets distracted and goes for a teammate and I can kill him in one pass. The carrier line isn't as bad. I made it up to the F4U-1 and while it's not amazing it can turn well enough to fight most enemies and the quad 20s generally kill anything that it can't outrun or outturn.

*Edit* Then again, I just had a 15855 match score game where I got 21 kills in the P-43, so maybe I'm better with it than I thought......

Edited by AncientRaig, 21 October 2017 - 06:23 AM.

MagusGerhardt #6 Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 843 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Go for the Corsair line first for the lulz.

Then go Thunderbolt line for the challenge.

:playing:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users