• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
great guide, Magus!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

trikke #22 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i never made enough tokens or crates or whatever they called it to even get the t3 bomber 

i'm not much of a fighter pilot, so i hoped that someday i could help my teams as a bomber 

crap, missed my chance

MagusGerhardt #23 Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 574 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttrikke, on 08 November 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

i never made enough tokens or crates or whatever they called it to even get the t3 bomber 

i'm not much of a fighter pilot, so i hoped that someday i could help my teams as a bomber 

crap, missed my chance

Don't give up hope!

We should see a tech line of bombers that go all the way up to tier X, sometime this month or next month.

The Blenheim Mk IVearly, A-26B and RB-17 should be available to *buy* next year!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

pyantoryng #24 Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 08 November 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Don't give up hope!

We should see a tech line of bombers that go all the way up to tier X, sometime this month or next month.

The Blenheim Mk IVearly, A-26B and RB-17 should be available to *buy* next year!

Doubtful that a bomber tree will be ready by that point hunh?

View Posttrikke, on 08 November 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

crap, missed my chance

You might just be able to scrape enough tokens for the Blenheim in the next 70 days or so...it's pretty cheap at less than 100 tokens. Cut your expenses and you should save up enough silver to advance through the tiers in a brisk pace.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FIight #25 Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4148 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postpyantoryng, on 08 November 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Doubtful that a bomber tree will be ready by that point hunh?

You might just be able to scrape enough tokens for the Blenheim in the next 70 days or so...it's pretty cheap at less than 100 tokens. Cut your expenses and you should save up enough silver to advance through the tiers in a brisk pace.

indeed this patch has made tokens even easier to earn, be a great fighter pilots and you will earn a dozen

even not completing the missions

Perrigrino #26 Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3676 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Something to consider. There's getting high and then there is getting stupid crazy high (yes, let the joke "fly"). I have experimented a little with altitude and found that once i got my Blenheim up around 3500m, above the large AA fire, the grouping of my bomb hits, cluster, was a lot wider, more scattered, fewer hits. So I think there's a bit of a trade off. You can get really hiGh, but you may not have the same number of potential hits as you may have at optimal altitude.  

hoom #27 Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3995 battles

I find 2,500m a good min altitude.

Not so much accuracy (though I do have the Bombsight equipment mounted) but the speed falls off up around 3,000m.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

trikke #28 Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posthoom, on 19 November 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

I find 2,500m a good min altitude.

Not so much accuracy (though I do have the Bombsight equipment mounted) but the speed falls off up around 3,000m.

jeez, that is so damn high...    that's 8202 feet for us metric-handicapped Muricans

how long does it take to climb that high?

comtedumas #29 Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5846 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Posttrikke, on 19 November 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

jeez, that is so damn high...    that's 8202 feet for us metric-handicapped Muricans

I have the Blenheim bomber.  

I usually fly my bomber at 9500-10000 feet.  I do it in stages, climb to first cap, bomb the crap out of that, let boost recharge, then climb up the rest of the way on the way to the second cap.  Highest I have gotten is 11200 feet.  At that height I go to two bombe per ground target square.  Usually works great, and with 20second bomb reload it is no time till I am ready to drop again.  Put on engine tuning (5% more engine power), engine guru 1 (3% more engine power) and 2 (2% more engine power), and going to put on aerodynamics expert (boosts engine tuning by 40%) for 12%% more engine power.  Climbing is far easier with that much extra power.  

Very few few people mess with me up there, and if they do I can climb higher and it takes them out of the game for 2-4 minutes just chasing me.  Either way it helps the team.  

Edited by comtedumas, 22 November 2017 - 04:12 PM.

trikke #30 Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

do the 'still alive' targets have the little lighted square/homeplate/triangles in the bombsight?

i would assume they would be lighted... but i've assumed so many incorrect things in this game

comtedumas #31 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5846 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Posttrikke, on 22 November 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

do the 'still alive' targets have the little lighted square/homeplate/triangles in the bombsight?

i would assume they would be lighted... but i've assumed so many incorrect things in this game

yes, but the triangle/square moves around in the square.  

trikke #32 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

sorry for the noob questions...   do you see planes fighting below you, looking through the bombsight?

it seems like i could be killing members of my own team, unless there's some way of telling who is who

and hopefully see IDs of my own GAAs, which would be the most vulnerable 

Edited by trikke, 24 November 2017 - 12:44 AM.

MagusGerhardt #33 Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 574 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Trikke,

If you're operating at max alt, you won't see planes fighting down on the deck.  The chances of hitting a friendly OR enemy aircraft with one of your bombs or catching them in the bomb blast is literally just a lottery.  Don't worry about it and bomb away to your heart's content.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

hoom #34 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3995 battles

Block Quote

As Comtedumas, in stages but pretty quick.

Normally get a bit over 2k by the first cap, bump up to 2,500 & beyond between passes or between caps.

Some caps you need to go over 3,000m to be above the AA, (supposed to be 2,800m) the bad caps can either mostly be avoided or risk reduced with a first couple of passes focused on taking out AA.

2,500m gets you above most enemies while keeping reasonable aircraft speed & bombing accuracy.

I've been experimenting with the Bomb Sight swapped out for Engine Tuning, definitely noticing a big loss in accuracy causing what should be single bomb target destruction to require 2 or more passes/2 bomb single pass so probably going to put back the Bomb Sight.

Still not been shot down by a Heavy except when I've gone down to girl-slap another Blenheim IV, had a couple where they got close when I was at 2,500m but I just boosted up to 3,000m & moved away.

Block Quote

do you see planes fighting below you, looking through the bombsight?

With Alt yes, without you can see them but not clear whats what.

I may have smashed some friendly GAs but really not easy to guess where they will be when your bombs hit except at first pass on first cap so mostly I don't feel too bad about it, also several times I thought I'd hit one they were still alive after.

Block Quote

At 2,500m you see the sub-targets, 3,000m you pretty much only see the single long-distance indicator & have to guess what sub-targets are live.

hoom #35 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:16 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3995 battles

Nearly got shot down :hiding:

Fairly early on the map where North has Airfield & Garrison, South has Missile Base, we'd quick capped Missile & Airfield.

I'd only got up to 2,500m but was boosted out from it/boosting between caps, flying past enemy spawn towards the Garrison when a bot Blenheim F spawned & immediately aggroed on me.

I used my small bits of boost to gain altitude/try unsuccessfully to maintain speed but just wasn't making enough to open the gap.

He got me down to about 1/2 health while I got up to about 3,200m by the time his boost letup & he had to flatten off for a bit.

Proceeded to drop some bombs hoping to at least do some damage before he took me out but as he got back to shooting me our team got in some plane kills -> capped.

I turned away toward open map area looking back nervously only to see the Blenheim F decide to re-target to something lower & we shortly won with Supremacy :)

TheSleepyWeasel #36 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:10 AM

Airman Basic

• 704 battles

Just got the Blenheim yesterday, and found your guide after playing several games by trial & error. While I totally agree with the suggestion to target flak cannons, first, I have a different suggestion regarding equipment. While the Bomb Sight is a no brainer, I chose to go with Concealing Livery, and Reinforced Airframe rather than Engine Tuning and Rear Gun Stabilization.

One of the things that caught my attention in your video was the surprising amount of damage you were taking from the flak guns. Concealing Livery is going to help reduce their chances of hitting you at all, while the 15% hp boost from Reinforced Airframe helps you soak up the shots that do make it through. With this set up, I've been shot down once, before I learned to target the flak guns first. I've been engaged by fighters once, and they gave up before either of us could take significant damage. If this changes in the future, I may revisit my choices, but for now, they work. Any time you have to respawn, it's less time dropping ordnance, right?

One thing I like about the Blenny is the ability to loiter over a zone while reloading bombs. It turns tight enough that you can make a run, swing just a bit wide, and be lined up for your next run when the bombs reload. Because of this, I'll often pick zones my team isn't even thinking about attacking, yet, and wipe nearly an entire zone before anyone else shows up. When it comes to planning a run, my first incursion I always try to swing a little wide on approach, and get two or more flak guns in a straight line. Nobody else can really touch you, unless a heavy fighter decides it's worth chasing you to 9000 feet, just to farm one kill while everyone else has lots of targets. Exploit their greed.   :)

hoom #37 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3995 battles

Personally I don't give flak much priority, rather its a target of opportunity if one is on my attack line.

Typically I try to line up to hit 2 targets on a pass, 2 bombs on each medium target. (but variations between 1 each on 4 targets and all 4 on 1 target depending on how good my line up is/how hard the targets are)

I'm mainly trying to get 2 target kills with each pass with aim of flipping the cap asap with help of low down getting plane kills rather than a gradual wear-down that happens if you go after AA first.

I do have DE skill on my pilot which makes it easier to get 1-shot kills.

Nearly always want to dump the full stick on a single run so that the bombs reload.

Got shot down at 3k today: enemy live player Blenheim IV came up from below & behind, I was already below half-health with both engines yellow from killing him earlier in the battle, out of boost & about as high as I get, had nowhere to run.

Maybe would have gotten away with Engine Tuning that I'd just switched out for the Bomb Sight? Probably not.

I run Concealing Livery, Rear Gun Stabilisation & as above just switched back to Bomb Sight from Engine Tuning.

trikke #38 Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posthoom, on 03 December 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Personally I don't give flak much priority, rather its a target of opportunity if one is on my attack line.

Typically I try to line up to hit 2 targets on a pass, 2 bombs on each medium target. (but variations between 1 each on 4 targets and all 4 on 1 target depending on how good my line up is/how hard the targets are)

I'm mainly trying to get 2 target kills with each pass with aim of flipping the cap asap with help of low down getting plane kills rather than a gradual wear-down that happens if you go after AA first.

I do have DE skill on my pilot which makes it easier to get 1-shot kills.

Nearly always want to dump the full stick on a single run so that the bombs reload.

Got shot down at 3k today: enemy live player Blenheim IV came up from below & behind, I was already below half-health with both engines yellow from killing him earlier in the battle, out of boost & about as high as I get, had nowhere to run.

Maybe would have gotten away with Engine Tuning that I'd just switched out for the Bomb Sight? Probably not.

I run Concealing Livery, Rear Gun Stabilisation & as above just switched back to Bomb Sight from Engine Tuning.

i'm not hitting really anything much, on my bomb runs...  i will try your suggestions, thanks for the great ideas

i may be 'wiggling' too much trying to hit targets just outside of my straight line approach, so...  i'll be more patient and disciplined next time

Catch21 #39 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2631 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Great video and thanks. Just wondering where you got your 'skin' with Popeye (?) on the side?

MagusGerhardt #40 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 574 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCatch21, on 03 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Great video and thanks. Just wondering where you got your 'skin' with Popeye (?) on the side?

The "skin" on my Blenny is the award paint she came with because I earned her from assembling parts from crates during the 2.0 launch event.

The "Popeye" on the side of the nose is a Rosie the Riveter knockoff, a decoration that came with the earned paint scheme.

If you're looking for more variety on your Blenheim, I would suggest taking a look at Hawkeye's Hangar; Hawkeyededic does a LOT of historical skins for all classes of aircraft in the game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users