1st-Person-Only camera mod for 2.0

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Bear_1947 #21 Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 43 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Agree completely. I'll still play but rarely. Will concentrate on WOT for the time being. Hope they bring back the old game but one thing I realized long ago Wargaming NEVER goes backwards or admits mistakes. Seems like part of their psyche. I wonder how Bearsss is taking this?

WoTSig_zps60137acc.png

vonnoe #22 Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• 118 battles
Zapper, I tried your 1st person mod, but don't have joystick. I was really impressed with how motion and speed were restored to game with your mod. With your mod, i go to rear view, and hit boost, and the scenery moves fast behind me. Your camera mod brings back the motion I so missed with 2.0. In 2.0, there's no zoom levels, like before, only 3rd person or sniper. Your mod changes that to 1st person or sniper. You can't see your plane at all, no way of looking at it. This makes every plane the same (invisible), as they already fly similarly now. If only mouse flyers could get 3 camera views, scrolled out to 3rd person, scroll in 1 click to your 1st person (your mod), scroll in more to full to sniper, that would be ideal. I'm not sure what your mod looks like with a joystick, perhaps you can get to that 3rd person view as well. Your mod is very cool, thanks for the work. I now have hope that someone, some mod builder, is going to make a great camera mod that will bring back the feel of the game, and restore motion and speed, and gives you more view options. 

Edited by vonnoe, 07 November 2017 - 01:17 AM.

Zapperguy #23 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I don't think creating a 3 step camera mod is even possible at this point with the way the cameras were changed for 2.0

I have flown with a joystick using a 1st person camera mod since closed beta. I won't play a flying game in 3rd person.

I feel like the intent of the changes was to neutralize the former skills of the 1.9 veteran players. They radically altered a perfectly functional HUD to make situational awareness (at least as we knew it) next to impossible.

Nerfing the world & passing out more medals in the process seems to be their "vision".

:facepalm:

Edited by Zapperguy, 08 November 2017 - 12:53 AM.

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users