Changing planes mid match, pro's, cons?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

arrrgh #1 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2964 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

So, does anyone know how this affects xp, credits, daily doubles etc?

Does the total xp get split between the two, then the 2x daily double gets applied to each one.

If one plane has a 2x available, and the other does not, what happens.  Do you waste your 2x for no gain, get 2x on each plane, have all the xp go to the plane you started with? 

Inquiring minds would like to know :)

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postarrrgh, on 17 October 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

So, does anyone know how this affects xp, credits, daily doubles etc?

Does the total xp get split between the two, then the 2x daily double gets applied to each one.

If one plane has a 2x available, and the other does not, what happens.  Do you waste your 2x for no gain, get 2x on each plane, have all the xp go to the plane you started with? 

Inquiring minds would like to know :)

I believe everything goes to the initial plane.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

amade #3 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

Block Quote

The number of mastery points earned in a battle directly affects the amount of experience aircraft and crews earn after battle. If a player uses several aircraft in one battle, the experience is awarded to all of them and their crews based on the number of mastery points earned while piloting each of them. Victory awards additional experience.

Source: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/50099-what-is-world-of-warplanes-20-conquest-mode-all-about/

BrushWolf #4 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
I would say that changing planes makes sense if you are just not doing well. For example you started with a GA but because of the slow speed you are never able to get to the target zone in time to do much if any damage it might make sense to grab a fighter or multi-roll to finish out the match.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

armydoc83 #5 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

It certainly allows you to grab something different if there's a bunch of counters to your current airplane.

You can get away from your German Heavy if there's a ton of P-51s on the map or turn in your IL if there a lot of German GA.

Alternatively you can bring out said craft if there's a lot of bombers or enemy held bases and you need to focus on that.

The game really seems to go too fast for you to make a difference in time though.

StoptheViolins #6 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
You can change planes mid-match?

Tedster_ #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 518 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_

View PostStoptheViolins, on 18 October 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

You can change planes mid-match?

Only on the maps with Large Airfields, and your team has to be in control of one.
[MAHOU] flank caller in tonks, [-K-] BB main (and supertest coordinator) in botes, here to shoot some planes and have fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users