• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Tedster_ #41 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 518 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_

View PostTeamTerrible, on 17 October 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

we do have a server status webpage....lets see if his matches ours.

It's been completely pulled from the API, not just in-game, so any public sites will not have accurate numbers.
[MAHOU] flank caller in tonks, [-K-] BB main (and supertest coordinator) in botes, here to shoot some planes and have fun.

Mugsy_ #42 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostTeamTerrible, on 17 October 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

is that why multiple posts have been deleted?

At this point I could care less if you are trying to hide something.

Take in mind though your truly loyal players who have been put through some of this game's least favorable moments feel disrespected and are still looking at one of WG's favorite words......"hope"

Most of these jackwagons will be leaving again as well your new breed so give this some thought before you gather the strength to reply.

and yeah sorry if i seem to be coming off strong but when I smell b.s i tend to grab the dictionary.

I am here to address the concerns and feelings of our core community. I understand completely why after years of playing a game a major change would create disappointment and frustration but I hope you can see that the 1.X version of the game was no longer viable or sustainable and we had to make a bold change in order to bring new life into World of Warplanes. I appreciate and completely respect how much you value World of Warplanes. We do to, this new direction was our effort to keep it going and introduce new people to a game where they can have fun. 

I understand how it looks when a forum is moderated during a time of vocal unrest, but nothing gives any of us permission to be disrespectful or attack other people just trying to share their perspective here. Offensive, non-constructive, or abusive materials will be removed from the forums regardless of the circumstances. So let's do our best to express ourselves maturely and respectfully.

dityboycom #43 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 17 October 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Reputation is quite relevant; Mugsy has never misrepresented or directly misled us before.  He was never the frontman for an untruth; others got that distinction in the past, and he's higher up the chain now than before, so pardon my reluctance to think that he's being used as a throwaway here and now.   And question all you want; I was asking what would be accepted as proof for something that can't be made public since the word of a rep with no record of lying apparently isn't good enough.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist; but, I am fairly certain there is no way to verify a rep for a company that does nothing but lie, hasn't lied to us.

Mugsy_ #44 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

The debate over whether 1.X or 2.X had more players online is moot, the company has decided that the 1.X version cannot continue. 2.0 and beyond will determine the future of this game. I am committed to helping it succeed and the early response has been very positive.

I appreciate the endorsement Magus, I will always do my best to be direct and honest.

barrelrings #45 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 3680 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

What I find interesting is that when I check the stats on the "humans" in the game, something like 50% of them have joined/registered since October 12, 2017.  They have 5-8 hours of battles and have a win rate of 45%-65%.  Pretty good for a novice flyer!  Can anyone explain why this has occurred?

Mugsy_ #46 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View Postbarrelrings, on 17 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

What I find interesting is that when I check the stats on the "humans" in the game, something like 50% of them have joined/registered since October 12, 2017.  They have 5-8 hours of battles and have a win rate of 45%-65%.  Pretty good for a novice flyer!  Can anyone explain why this has occurred?

Oct 12th was launch day, so we can expect to see a lot of new accounts since from that date. Also, the changes were designed to improve the experience of the average person so it would make sense if they were winning more but its probably too soon to look at stats. 

Mugsy_ #47 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Also, speaking of rewarding loyalty, please check your emails for gifts from us!

MagusGerhardt #48 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 848 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 17 October 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist; but, I am fairly certain there is no way to verify a rep for a company that does nothing but lie, hasn't lied to us.

Sure, it's verifiable.  Just go through his posting history and compare it to what came after.  This will require some work from you, though, and will increase the work to enjoyment ratio of your personal forum game.

View Postbarrelrings, on 17 October 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Since to one degree or another the irrelevance of personal player skill vs game outcome when flying solo it's not hard for me to believe that their W/R are in that area.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MARS_REVENANT #49 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMugsy_, on 17 October 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Also, speaking of rewarding loyalty, please check your emails for gifts from us!

Those emails only seem to have gone out to the people that left and were enticed to come back with 2 tier 8 premium planes.  That is not loyalty.

Loyalty is the people that have stayed this whole time.  We do not receive such nice gifts.

Speaking for myself of course, as I have not received anything, and have heard that said from others who have remained active.  Also heard from some who have come back from being inactive that they received the emails.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

_ELCHAPO_ #50 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

Airman Basic

• 5 battles
If the population is so good why do you still have bots?

Edited by _ELCHAPO_, 17 October 2017 - 10:35 PM.

TokyoExpress #51 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 146 battles

View PostMugsy_, on 17 October 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

Does everyone get it or just players pre-2.0 ? If the newbies get it too, then it's not a loyalty reward.

MagusGerhardt #52 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 848 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_ELCHAPO_, on 17 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

If the population is so good why do you still have bots?

Because it's part of the design now?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Mugsy_ #53 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 17 October 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

Those emails only seem to have gone out to the people that left and were enticed to come back with 2 tier 8 premium planes.  That is not loyalty.

Loyalty is the people that have stayed this whole time.  We do not receive such nice gifts.

Speaking for myself of course, as I have not received anything, and have heard that said from others who have remained active.  Also heard from some who have come back from being inactive that they received the emails.

​Not true, all active players also received rewards. Please recheck your emails that your account was set up with.

Mugsy_ #54 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostTokyoExpress, on 17 October 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

Does everyone get it or just players pre-2.0 ? If the newbies get it too, then it's not a loyalty reward.

Gifts have gone out to active players, players who used to play but took a break, and players who just started. Everyone should receive something.

Edited by Mugsy_, 17 October 2017 - 10:39 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #55 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Sure, it's verifiable.  Just go through his posting history and compare it to what came after.  This will require some work from you, though, and will increase the work to enjoyment ratio of your personal forum game.

Since to one degree or another the irrelevance of personal player skill vs game outcome when flying solo it's not hard for me to believe that their W/R are in that area.

I spoke about this in one of my reviews. IMHO it is one of the most dangerous parts of the update and could very well be considered the v1.5 of 2.0.  Players DO want to feel that their contribution mattered, as people do well they DO want to see their starts improve, people DO want to win.  The most frustrating part of 2.0 for me is doing the best on my team, doing better than the entire other team and still losing.  As fun as the battles have been, it SUCKS to lose.

It is a motivation killer.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Tedster_ #56 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 518 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_

View PostMugsy_, on 17 October 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Gifts have gone out to active players, players who used to play but took a break, and players who just started. Everyone should receive something.

Hmm, I haven't gotten anything in my email yet, either spam or not.
[MAHOU] flank caller in tonks, [-K-] BB main (and supertest coordinator) in botes, here to shoot some planes and have fun.

barrelrings #57 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 3680 battles
  • [SOL] SOL
OK, Mugsy, in the upcoming revisions, any chance of being able to create a "flight" of 3 or more players?

death2019 #58 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles

2.0, what a boring and stu__d game...

MARS_REVENANT #59 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMugsy_, on 17 October 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

​Not true, all active players also received rewards. Please recheck your emails that your account was set up with.

I have checked and re-checked. I did not receive any email.

Since account was created, I have updated my email address, but still have access to the original email.  I have checked both emails.  Nothing.

Mugsy_ #60 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View Postbarrelrings, on 17 October 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

OK, Mugsy, in the upcoming revisions, any chance of being able to create a "flight" of 3 or more players?

I don't know the answer to this but I do know that it presents a major balance issue and a matchmaking challenge. In World of Warplanes a few coordinated pilots can have an amazingly fun time at the cost of anyone else enjoying the battle. Part of what success will look like moving forward is a game where everyone has the opportunity to enjoy themselves.

View Postdeath2019, on 17 October 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

2.0, what a boring and stu__d game...

Hi Death, Sorry you aren't enjoying the changes but as I stated the previous version of the game was not sustainable and change of some kind was unavoidable. I hope that you are able to play the new version a bit more and find aspects you can enjoy. But I do understand you cannot please everyone all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users