A New Beginning

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

YouNeverKnow_ #161 Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Are you guys plan on returning Advance Settings so we could once again tailor the planes to our flying styles?

Even though 2.0 may not be for me (see how well my adaptation skills are) hope the game makes it...good luck! 

Edited by YouNeverKnow_, 19 October 2017 - 09:35 PM.

CamoCladWarrior #162 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 67 battles

View PostCC_Sly, on 19 October 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

Heya Pilots -

I have cleaned up the thread a bit and am going to unlock it.

If your post is either gone or edited it fell into one of these 3 categories:

1. Attacking or insulting another person (Player or Staff/Company) for the sake of attacking or insulting them.
  2. Your post contained unneeded expletives or degrading comments.
  3. The conversation fell off topic and was not heading anywhere.

Please keep things constructive and clean. No need to attack anyone's opinions or viewpoints. You do not all have to agree - but please be civil about it.

If you think someone is not abiding by the forum rules, please report them. We will take care of it!

Thank you!

So the mods with 3 - 200 battles are deleting the dissenting opinions of long term players with thousands of battles under their belts who have spent hundreds of dollars on the game and are pissed because of an undesirable change...  Doesn't look bad...  LOL  ;-)

Edited by CamoCladWarrior, 19 October 2017 - 11:02 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #163 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 19 October 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

So the mods with 3 - 200 battles are deleting the dissenting opinions of long term players with thousands of battles under their belts who have spent hundreds of dollars on the game and are pissed because of an undesirable change...  Doesn't look bad...  LOL  ;-)

I only spent $4 on this game... none of my posts were deleted.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

CamoCladWarrior #164 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 67 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 19 October 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

I only spent $4 on this game... none of my posts were deleted.

That is funny Mars, it was a joke...  Now we know where all those former KGB guys work...  ROFLMAO!

Leviathan__W #165 Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

Airman Basic

• 1125 battles

View PostKingwicked101, on 19 October 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Hi Mugsy

Great to have you back answering our concerns and disclosing to what we can expect in the future updates. Finally, some light toward the end of the dark tunnel of 2.0.

I am the first to state I was totally horrified to learn that WoWp decided to head in the direction of bringing us War Thunder (which I tried and hated). First impression was that I would not download 2.0 and be part of this trashy update.

After reading between the lines and positive feedback from other pilots (not forgetting the bumps that need ironing out still), I feel once the updates mentioned are implemented, 2.0 can and may be a truly remarkable.  

As I am undergoing Chemotherapy for stage 3 cancer, to learn and focus on this new format is near impossible for me at this stage. So, I will continue to follow everyone on the forum and as soon as I feel strong enough to focus on this new mode, I will be back.

Until then, I just want to thank you for the feedback and all positive comments from Vet Pilots.

Technology always moves forward and Technology that fails is a learning curve in creating better and brighter future for all.  

Remember all, a baby will always grow up and progress with its life – and during its growth, it will encounter stumbling blocks along the way. But yet, we all grow to love that child no matter how bad the baby turns out to be.

This game is WG’s baby, and if you want to play the game, then learn to love it or get out. If you dislike their baby, then have your say and disappear but stop abusing the forum for your outrageous ranting which no-one is interested in.

PS: I not here to earn Brownie points or anything else – when one is in serious health, you come to appreciate the world and what people do for you.

Thanks again Mugsy for the clarification to the future of the game. 

I have no idea......

Words failed me at this point. You are the first one who actually talked with me in this game, and I will never forget that battle. What I got after that battle are not only tokens, but also the reason to make me to continue playing this game. Yes, sometimes things are just like this, you play the game not because you are good at it. I'm not a good pilot, I also thought about quitting. But you just made me believe that I have the reason to go on. I can meet good people, I can feel the true happiness during the game, so what else should I acquire? So I think, the only word that can express my feelings right now, is, THANK YOU. 

Maybe for you, it's just a little help to a noob of this game. But for me, it really means something! No matter what happens, I will never think about quitting. I'm not doing well, so I will try my best. Not only for myself, not only for my unfinished dream to get into sky, but also for the nice people in the game and their love of the sky. Look forward to flying  together in the sky again one day.

Thank you!:honoring:

William

Bubonic4U #166 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 85 battles
  • [WORD] WORD

ohya! - Copy.jpg

The censorship is real...

CatmanBatman #167 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4081 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

I just read the 2.0 update ,.my apologies on my earlier rants,..

I read the parts where you were going to work on the planes mechanics, flaps and such ,.I was relieved to see that,.:)

suggestion ??,.can you bring back the better gun sounds  you had in 1.9,. And engine sounds also,.and more personal control settings again,. going to stay optimistic  with the hopes you guys will work out the kinks,.also the situational awareness using the little circle map was a cool feature to bring back :)

cheers!  I will be hanging in for the updates and fixes 

carry on Pilots! and thx for trying to make the game more interesting too ,.

Johnny_Cyclone #168 Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

Senior Airman

• 10 battles

I was all set to load it and give it a try until I realized that 2.0 still had the Game Center as a mandatory requirement.

screw that.

MARS_REVENANT #169 Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:35 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 20 October 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

I was all set to load it and give it a try until I realized that 2.0 still had the Game Center as a mandatory requirement.

screw that.

Seems logical.  There was that crackpot that believed the russians were trying to hack his system when he installed it for the CT as well.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #170 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

Captain

• 1224 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Seems logical.  There was that crackpot that believed the russians were trying to hack his system when he installed it for the CT as well.

... and, Agent Mueller is looking into this as you speak...

we'll have an answer before the new year or Soon.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #171 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

Captain

• 1224 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCatmanBatman, on 20 October 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

I just read the 2.0 update ,.my apologies on my earlier rants,..

I read the parts where you were going to work on the planes mechanics, flaps and such ,.I was relieved to see that,.:)

suggestion ??,.can you bring back the better gun sounds  you had in 1.9,. And engine sounds also,.and more personal control settings again,. going to stay optimistic  with the hopes you guys will work out the kinks,.also the situational awareness using the little circle map was a cool feature to bring back :)

cheers!  I will be hanging in for the updates and fixes 

carry on Pilots! and thx for trying to make the game more interesting too ,.

catman... what EXACTLY is it you are describing... it sounds very familiar... I dunno???

... oh ya, and deathmatches

:great:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

wolflobo #172 Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

Senior Airman

• 51 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
hey all

Jenko1957 #173 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7407 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPhilKnox, on 18 October 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

I offer the following suggestions:

1) Eliminate the respawn feature, you get shot down that is it you are out.

2) Eliminate the neutral aircraft.

3) Bring back the separate minimap and radar.

4) Bring the feel of flying, and energy retention.  A P-51 should feel like a 51 and not a generic plane.  Bring back each plane having their own unique characteristics.

5) Add a French, Italian and Rest of Europe (Sweden, Romania, Netherlands, etc) line of aircraft.  We do not need a fake Chinese line with retreads of other nations planes.

6) Complete the US and British lines with Hawker aircraft for the latter (hawker Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest) , and Grumman aircraft ( F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat) for the US.

7) Nerf the heavies a bit, an ME 410 should not be the dominant plane at tier 6.  It was not in real life.

8) Correct the stats of planes to match real life. Several planes do not perform in game as they did in real life, for example the J7W1 was designed as a high altitude interceptor to counter the B-29, in the game it not a high flyer.  I have already mentioned the 410.  In reality it was not a match for single seat fighters, and it should not be a match at its tier.  As much as I love it and the 110 line I should not be able to dominant a game by simply climbing and waiting for them to chase me up and stall, whereupon I blow them out of the sky.  Most 2 engines fighters in WW2, with the exception of the Mosquito and P-38, did not have the performance of the single seat peers.  In WoWP (1.9 and earlier) the heavies dominate.  When the clans arranged matches against one another the heavies were over represented, unless limited by agreement.  If it was a tier 6 flight it would be almost 15 vs 15 all in 410's.

9) Correct the stats of planes that were built and in production vs those that existed only on the drawing board or in WG/Persha's imagination.  For example,  I like the ME209, but it should not have better stats than the later P-51's or most other planes of that type that flew for real.   The ME 209 V5 had worse real life performance than the 190's, it was considered a failure, but in the game (1.9 and earlier) it is a plane that can compete with the early jets.  There are other examples of this.

10)  Allow for bigger maps and allow for the players to retreat (conceding defeat) instead of forcing planes to chase them around the game.

11) Add an historical battles campaign where you have to use the real planes, (with some understandable adjustments)  For example, it would be great to see a Battle of Britain campaign using your conquest mode setup, or a Normandy Campaign etc).  I would even allow players to add newer plane types as the campaign progresses that would match history.   There are many campaign scenarios, I can think of, from real wars from Spain to China and World War 2 and Korea that could use the conquest mode you have created again with some fixes.  I am an actual historian I could help with set these up if needed.

I agree with pretty much everything here, especially point 1 & 2.

I seriously cannot understand the logic of a 3 cornered contest or creating a situation where the object of the game is to shoot down neutral aircraft to capture neutral bases. Surely it's simpler & more logical to have 2 teams trying to attack each others bases. Call me old fashioned, but shooting neutrals bothers me.

Florida_Man_ #174 Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 99 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

There is nothing wrong with the 410 to warrant a nerf. As a heavy in the game, it IS a dominant plane like other heavies since it has the obvious speed, firepower and altitude combo. I can take a Mosquito or P-38 and do equal damage.

Most planes aren't going to be like they were in "real life" as this is an arcade game, and many never even saw battle or were produced. Considering the effectiveness of real battles in WW2, the P51 SHOULD be better than it is now, however.

But yeah, all Phil's points are almost spot on.

MAKE WOWP GREAT AGAIN :honoring:

Heibges #175 Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

View PostRonald_Jenkinson, on 22 October 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

I agree with pretty much everything here, especially point 1 & 2.

I seriously cannot understand the logic of a 3 cornered contest or creating a situation where the object of the game is to shoot down neutral aircraft to capture neutral bases. Surely it's simpler & more logical to have 2 teams trying to attack each others bases. Call me old fashioned, but shooting neutrals bothers me.

I agree on both points.

Based on the planes they themselves designed, 2 Base Attack/Defend should have been the game mode from the very beginning. GA's and now Bombers have all the characteristics of Flag Carriers/Bomb Carriers in other game.

In general, I think most PVP'ers don't like AI or Environmental Enemies.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Heibges #176 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

View PostGUNDY_, on 23 October 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

There is nothing wrong with the 410 to warrant a nerf. As a heavy in the game, it IS a dominant plane like other heavies since it has the obvious speed, firepower and altitude combo. I can take a Mosquito or P-38 and do equal damage.

Most planes aren't going to be like they were in "real life" as this is an arcade game, and many never even saw battle or were produced. Considering the effectiveness of real battles in WW2, the P51 SHOULD be better than it is now, however.

But yeah, all Phil's points are almost spot on.

The only thing I would say about the HF, is that in a WW2 game, if I were funding it with my money, I would never make them the dominant class. I think the name recognition is just too high on LF, which should have given WOWp an advantage over both WoT and WoWs.

Built in emotional attachment = players = money.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users