Analysis - The Us versus Them and Them

Analysis

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

What is interesting since update 2.0 is the psychological point if view as a result of its release. I don't know what gets to me more the way Persha setting this up for us pre-2.0 players or the attitude of the post 2.0 players. Its the psychology of all this new update that erks me.

All of this reminds me of a story that involves the USMC Division that fought on Guadalcanal and a new USMC that never saw combat yet in WW2. When both divisions got leave in the same town in New Zealand, the “Vets” encounter the “untested” pinning on un-earned battle ribbons to impress the ladies. As a result a fight happened between the units. Service comradery went out the window until command got hold of the situation. To me WoWP is reaching this point.

Example:

Block Quote

Comment posted on Notser YouTube Channel

FVE: LoL. WG is bringing out the NA WoWS CC's to support WoWP because no NA WoWP CC will support update 2.0. No skill, no gauges are the norm now.  I would like to see how many games you play before you give up on WoWP.  BTW, Notser where were you from update 1.5?

Player A: You sound like one of those people who played wowp prior to 2.0

FVE: Yep, Class of 1.0 - 11+K sorties. I thought I played through the worst of WoWP until update 2.0 was released. Its so cartoonish now.

Player B: Where were you from update 1.5 he says .. entitled little b...
Anybody can pick up the game at any time and either like it or dislike it, you prick
P.S. no one gives a craphow many patches ago you started playing or how many games you had ;)

FVE: Hey come down Furgison. The other person wanted to know my background. And my comment earlier was no WoWP CC was supporting the new update. WG has to bring in the WoWS CCs who has never played the game since the original release. I doubt their sincere interest in the game. The WoWP game is made for slow adults with no skill now. You can play it to your hearts content.

Player A: Hold on, wowp had CCs? I thought they abandoned WoWp CCs when the player numbers dwindeled.
Also based on the experience i had with WoWp and i had around 6k battles myself so i know a thing or two as well it seemed to me that pre 2.0 wowp was for slow people as all you did was climb high, fight with a bunch f bots and maybe 2 real people and then went on feasting on the ground attack planes.
Meanwhile in 2.0 you've got stuff coming from every direction at every time.  2.0 seems a lot more unsuited to slow and old people than the pre 2.0 stuff.

Also if WoWs CCs woud have no "sincere" interest they probably wouldn't do more than 1 video on the matter. Notser for exemple has already made a second video on it and has said that he'll make more. Flamu, also a WoWs CC even includes WoWp in his stream after he's done playing WoWs after it got released.

My last point, literally everyone ,except for most WoWp veterans, love the new WoWp.

FVE: I can say on the NA WoWP community there were CC's. I can name a few. If they were swept away by WG on other regions I am not aware. The WoWP veterans played on skill. Now its even below the Sleipnir level of snowballs mode. Once the stats are updated we will know if the new update has brought in more players than losing them. If you like the current WoWP game, play it. But I still hear War Thunder (I never played WT) makes a better product with this battle mode. Me, I'll wait until things to improve for WoWP.

Add to this factor on psychology and basic combat training

Block Quote

Although many trainees may not match up with the underlying assumptions behind Adult Learning Model, they could benefit from certain aspects of the approach that may be appropriate in the Basic Combat Training (BCT) environment. Bearing in mind the differences between Knowles’ learner and the BCT learner, there is merit in identifying strategies and principles that may be appropriate for both purposes. Corporate trainer Jean Barbazette describes Adult Learning Principles in terms of motivation and retention, methods of training, and the adult learning environment. The Army could certainly benefit from applying at least some of these concepts:

• Adults are motivated to learn when THEY identify they have a need to learn
  • Adults retain learning that they discover and forget much of what they are told
  • Adults learn best from their own experiences
  • Adults hate to have their time wasted
  • Adults will become bored and will multi-task when participation isn’t interesting or required

The mass-production design of large training posts is intended for efficient use of ranges and training facilities, not for efficient use of trainees’ time.  There is far too much wasted time during and between training execution, time that could be spent on self-teaching (discovery) or peer teaching.  Trainees given a creative, productive outlet will make good use of it.

smallwarsjournal.com source link 

I feel like I am affected with "Old Sargent syndrome" with WoWP. What WG has done is effectively removed the leaders or NCO's of WoWP with the reboot. There is no leadership of experience with WoWP now until stats are released. To me the time of us "vets" put in prior to update 2.0 is nothing now other than a note of history. For that it makes me morass. Maybe WG needs to contract a Psychological Operations (PSYOP) officer for these reboots in supporting their player base with these drastic changes. Have you guys encounter this feedback? What do you think of this POV?

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 17 October 2017 - 03:41 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Bubba_Zanetti #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 629 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Salty attitude from WOT and WOWS players.  Recall past conversations about this small tight-knit community and how tame we were compared to the other forums overall?

Consider this a harbinger of population increase!  Key will be retention now.

Really, the only response to these wet-behind-the-ears up n comers is to shoot them down over and over and over..."Actions speak louder than words"

MelBrooks #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I could just sit in tier 3 and light up 20-25 a game, see how long it takes for me to make the most wanted list. Make it even worse I could do it with Bubba, I buy the beer of course:hiding:

Edited by MelBrooks, 17 October 2017 - 04:29 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #4 Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 629 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMelBrooks, on 17 October 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

I could just sit in tier 3 and light up 20-25 a game, see how long it takes for me to make the most wanted list. Make it even worse I could do it with Bubba, I buy the beer of course:hiding:

Sounds like a damn fine plan!  I was just thinking I need to play every plane in my hangar so they register under the 2.0 profile.  Today's doubtful...busy busy RL stuff...

MagusGerhardt #5 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 211 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well, Warplanes never had a Community Contributors program.  The Aces program wasn't focused on that, and was toothless, devoid of morale and had a hollowed out roster after Hathore's replacement as Community Manager was done with us.

If Warplanes has a promoter, I think I'm the closest we have, though I wouldn't have the hubris to call myself that.  I just did what I could to help the small amount of new players we saw trickle in during the course of the game's life post 1.5.

I will say that I'm supportive of 2.0; I recognized a long time back that the game would go through a major shakeup at 2.0, heck I predicted it when we were still on patch 1.6 or 1.7 years ago.  I did not, however, predict that 2.0 would take the form it ended up taking.

I'm taking the good with the bad, and will continue to point out things that need to be reintroduced back into the game as well as what we currently have that needs improvement.

If you want a wing for that upcoming marathon tier dance, Bubba, I'll be your huckleberry.  :playing:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

hawkeyededic #6 Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 212 battles
Really Flak? No WoWP CC's support 2.0. You might want to get your facts straight before making comments like that, and no I am not the only one of the remaining Community Aces (the name used in the NA region for the CCs) that is supporting 2.0.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

FlakValleyExpress #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 17 October 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Really Flak? No WoWP CC's support 2.0. You might want to get your facts straight before making comments like that, and no I am not the only one of the remaining Community Aces (the name used in the NA region for the CCs) that is supporting 2.0.

Information is only valued at the point of inception. At the time of my original post I had no information to indicate otherwise. I have not seen any positive responses from any WoWP notable supporting 2.0. I stand corrected now. :honoring:

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

NotEnuffDakka #8 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 101 battles

There's also this guy: http://forum.worldof...pbeat-about-20/

Noreaga #9 Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNotEnuffDakka, on 18 October 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

There's also this guy: http://forum.worldof...pbeat-about-20/

except that hes not a CC...

not happy about all this flak, but can we expect better after 3 years of forum experience with the stereotypical player that likes WT arcade mode?

both sides need to take an empathy pill, vets are pissed because the last 3 years literally makes no sense. The rest have spent the last few years being shown where their skill level actually placed them in the wowp world. They are just releasing years of frustration at not having the game made to tailor their personal needs. 

This forum has always had a weird us (the ones who dislike challenge) vs them (the ones who like challenges), not so surprised to see it, been years in the making.

i know ill keep checking back, hopefully this game will find a way to tailor it along the lines of the other WG titles (you know end game). I would come back then, otherwise ill continue to spend my time in other more engaging games (been getting really good at solitaire).

Edited by Noreaga, 18 October 2017 - 05:25 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 66 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
My high score is 730 without time bonus. Beat that. :B

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Also tagged with Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users