Personal performance matters not.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Zinro #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

This game is now truly a team based game.  No matter how good you think you may be, it comes down to how the team does now to get the victory.  Sorting by combat points, everyone except for one person on the loosing team scored more combat points than their counterpart on the winning team.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by nwlxn12, 17 October 2017 - 12:58 AM.

amade #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

Pre-2.0, the only positioning that matters was that of yours relative to other enemy aircraft nearby (personal skill). Now, your positioning in the area of operations matter as well (team tactics). People (and bots especially) are still going to the wrong places, rushing off where they shouldn't be or not defending what they should. I can get top combat points on both teams but it means nothing if I'm earning them at all the wrong places.

Yes, the game is more team-dependent now. However, I'm in favour of this. Personal skill should still matter when you're contesting sectors (I still prefer the flight mechanics from pre-2.0, but I don't hate the current one).

Wombatmetal #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
If a skilled person plays the objective they will clean up

amade #4 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:26 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 17 October 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

If a skilled person plays the objective they will clean up

Yes, but if the rest of the team isn't doing their part the skilled person can't do enough. They're likely to get tied up somewhere instead of going after the objective. If there were no respawns they can carry easily like in pre-2.0.

Caecias #5 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View Postamade, on 16 October 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Pre-2.0, the only positioning that matters was that of yours relative to other enemy aircraft nearby (personal skill). Now, your positioning in the area of operations matter as well (team tactics). People (and bots especially) are still going to the wrong places, rushing off where they shouldn't be or not defending what they should. I can get top combat points on both teams but it means nothing if I'm earning them at all the wrong places.

Yes, the game is more team-dependent now. However, I'm in favour of this. Personal skill should still matter when you're contesting sectors (I still prefer the flight mechanics from pre-2.0, but I don't hate the current one).

Agreed.  The AI plus unknowing pilots...  the game is useless now more than ever.

Absolutely no strategy guide - no education...   same story, different version of the game.  And now more than ever, idiots rule.

I can't see playing anymore.  Maybe if there was some enjoyment with a proper inertia / energy perception model... but without that, the strategy piece - while admirable - is compromised by shockingly poor AI, and people who cant understand the basic concept of flying together and to the role of their plane.

it's useless.

So much potential - more so than even the 1.x series - and now more than ever, useless.

I gave it a decent try out.  I am out. Not worth my time when idiots rule.

Edited by Caecias, 19 October 2017 - 04:36 AM.

Danubland #6 Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

Airman Basic

• 4564 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postamade, on 17 October 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Sorry but....do you have 900 battles and test the game?

Wombatmetal #7 Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles

View Postamade, on 16 October 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Yes, but if the rest of the team isn't doing their part the skilled person can't do enough. They're likely to get tied up somewhere instead of going after the objective. If there were no respawns they can carry easily like in pre-2.0.

I don't have a problem with respawns. When I was in school I took game design one semester, and we covered the problem lopsided victories and how to avoid them, because few things kill players interest in a game like lopsided scores. And respawns was one of the ways to combat blowouts, it's a tried and true method and you see it in a lot of games. Would rather have respawns than constant blowouts.

It doesn't negate skill in the least. It does change the strategy. The skilled person who plays the objective will own the game

amade #8 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 17 October 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

I don't have a problem with respawns. When I was in school I took game design one semester, and we covered the problem lopsided victories and how to avoid them, because few things kill players interest in a game like lopsided scores. And respawns was one of the ways to combat blowouts, it's a tried and true method and you see it in a lot of games. Would rather have respawns than constant blowouts.

It doesn't negate skill in the least. It does change the strategy. The skilled person who plays the objective will own the game

I don't have a problem with respawns either. I'm just saying that because of it now you need more teamwork (which is good). Personal skill alone is not enough.

Edited by amade, 17 October 2017 - 05:37 AM.

gerr22 #9 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

• 5861 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
if teamwork is so important why can only two flight up come on WG give us at least 5 or 6 flight up then it might play better

amade #10 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View Postgerr22, on 17 October 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

if teamwork is so important why can only two flight up come on WG give us at least 5 or 6 flight up then it might play better

Would only work for competitive modes (Ranked, CW, etc). OP for randoms.

NotEnuffDakka #11 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 147 battles

View Postamade, on 17 October 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Agreed. Although personal skill does matter after the squall line, where respawns are disabled.

I think this is good, because this is a team game after all.

Lord_Man_Hammer #12 Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 192 battles

WG should have and could have educated the incoming playerbase on guides which certainly would help matches get better than what they are really and thats who has the smartest bots.   I can go into a match an kill 25 planes and still lose bigtime all the while im on the objectives doing what Im supposed to do but active players an bots are zooming solo into 8 enemy on a far base.  yay for teamwork.

I gotta say AA in lower tiers could be toned down,   my Jap 91 with one airburst is at half health my god the humanity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users