[R/P from WoWs] WoWP Has Stopped Working And Must Close [Bug]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dirtymax #1 Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

Closed Beta Resident

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-FBS-] -FBS-

Just as the title says. The game sometimes won't even launch at all, and the few times that it does, it loads maybe 25-50% before it goes 'Not Responding' and Windows forces it to close.

Before you ask here is all the things i've done:

1. reinstalled the WG.net Game Center
2. Updated all drivers
3. Tried disabling my High Definition Audio Device (from a previous posted fix a year or so ago)
4. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
5. My system is more than powerful enough to run this game at max graphic settings without even flinching.

I have never had this problem before with WoWS or WoT. It has only started with WoWP when i re-downloaded it to try out 2.0 on the recommendation of Jingles' video about WoWP 2.0 not being as completely terrible as it was when I was beta-testing it. i've managed to get it working a few times, but I'll only be able to play for an hour or two before the program goes 'Not Responding' and Windows forces it to close. From what I've seen and been able to play of 2.0 it is finally getting better and feels like i'm flying a plane. But this constant not even being able to reach the Log-In screen let alone play the game is really making me want to give up on the game yet again. Which is sad because I was finally having fun with it again.

Posted by player: SaintCelestine_WH40K

No this is not naming/shaming. This person can't post in this forum so just tossing it over here for them. 

Edit: OP can be found on World of Warships. Link: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/139890-wowp-has-stopped-working-and-must-close-bug/

Edited by dirtymax, 16 October 2017 - 09:41 PM.

Closed Beta Resident for WoWP & Super/Alpha Tester for World of Warships

"Note: All Super/Alpha/Closed Testers are under the NDA policy, if you do have a question we will try to answer it but at the same time we have to go by the guidelines that we have been given."

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

This is what I would try:

1. With game and WG Launcher shut down, clear cache and logs.
  2. Launch the WG launcher, there is a settings button, click it and select run WG check tool
  3. Run any fixes from the WG check tool
  4. Launch the game.  Once came is running right click the WG launcher in your task menus and exit, there is no need to run it during game play.

That is the extent of how I can help.  If none of that works, try starting a support ticket.  Although, the game does crash regularly, usually for me it is once every 2 to 3 hours. Clearing cache and logs prior to start of play each evening helps.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

Captain

• 1172 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

^^^do what this guy says^^^

I hope they fix this issue. There is no progressing a games popularity if nobody can play it, that will guarantee failure.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users