Jump to content


Capture Bug or Not?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

StoptheViolins #1 Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So a group of 3 of us are pinging away on a capture point (yes we needed 1 attack plane to join us but that didn't happen), so we clear out all the air targets, start working on the ground targets during which two of my team mates were shot down by AA, then one air target spawns, a red comes along shoots it before can get to it, and gets the cap.

 

Another time, similar situation.  I get shot down by the red who then shoots down the one re spawned defender and gets the cap.

 

What a ton of manure.  The normal fill bar didn't fill, there were no reds in the area until the one plane showed up and poached, so all I can say is wth.



Kirov_Six #2 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:09 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 63 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    02-08-2014

View PostStoptheViolins, on 16 October 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

So a group of 3 of us are pinging away on a capture point (yes we needed 1 attack plane to join us but that didn't happen), so we clear out all the air targets, start working on the ground targets during which two of my team mates were shot down by AA, then one air target spawns, a red comes along shoots it before can get to it, and gets the cap.

 

Another time, similar situation.  I get shot down by the red who then shoots down the one re spawned defender and gets the cap.

 

What a ton of manure.  The normal fill bar didn't fill, there were no reds in the area until the one plane showed up and poached, so all I can say is wth.

 

Not a bug.  Cap is in flux until taken by one side or the other.  It's all in points generated by Red or Blue.  Not sure if that's good or not, but that's what we have now.  Just jump in and get it and keep the reds away as much as you can.

 


Edited by mavfin87, 18 October 2017 - 03:10 AM.


StoptheViolins #3 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Nah, not what I was seeing - there wouldn't be any reds until there were only 1-2 defense planes left then something happens to the blues then instant red capture after the red shoots down the last 1-2 planes.

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • 9,477
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStoptheViolins, on 16 October 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

So a group of 3 of us are pinging away on a capture point (yes we needed 1 attack plane to join us but that didn't happen), so we clear out all the air targets, start working on the ground targets during which two of my team mates were shot down by AA, then one air target spawns, a red comes along shoots it before can get to it, and gets the cap.

 

Another time, similar situation.  I get shot down by the red who then shoots down the one re spawned defender and gets the cap.

 

What a ton of manure.  The normal fill bar didn't fill, there were no reds in the area until the one plane showed up and poached, so all I can say is wth.

 

Not a bug.  If your 2 team mates were shot down you lose a lot or all of progress on taking over that territory 9this is why you dont go after GT in anything but a GA).  Most likely when your teammates were shot down the territory went back to completely neutral.  When the enemy came in and shot down the neutral defense aircraft, the territory started turning red.  It takes more than one kill to cap the territory, so there must have been other things going on for the enemy team to take over.  Note killing an enemy plane over a neutral territory also swings the points in your favor.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


NotEnuffDakka #5 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 147 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

I've seen that happen on more than one occasion as well. Needs reworking.



MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • 9,477
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNotEnuffDakka, on 18 October 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

I've seen that happen on more than one occasion as well. Needs reworking.

 

Reworking to what?  2/3 of the attacking team were shot down by defense.  Should they have still won the territory?

 

There is a strategy to this new game.  Not just go shoot things.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


NotEnuffDakka #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 147 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 18 October 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

Reworking to what?  2/3 of the attacking team were shot down by defense.  Should they have still won the territory?

 

There is a strategy to this new game.  Not just go shoot things.

 

There are incidents where one team is actively attacking and capping the base, then one red player takes out the last white plane and the cap goes red.

And I've personally seen a base "regenerate" while me and 3 others were attacking it.

 

It makes no sense and there's no explanation behind it.



MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • 9,477
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNotEnuffDakka, on 18 October 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

 

There are incidents where one team is actively attacking and capping the base, then one red player takes out the last white plane and the cap goes red.

And I've personally seen a base "regenerate" while me and 3 others were attacking it.

 

It makes no sense and there's no explanation behind it.

 

Post a video of it, use OBS Broadcaster to record game play in the absence of replay files.  Most likely there are other things going on. 1 player taking out 1 plane will not cap it.  Bases will regenerate if they shift back to neutral, which means one of your team was shot down over that area.

 

The explanation is these are defenses of the area.  The areas are not free.  They are defended by aircraft and AA, do if you or your team dies trying to cap, that area's defense is causing the cap to shift back in their favor.

 

Think of the battlefield as having 2 enemies.  An occupying force, you are an invading force, and there is a second invading force.  You need to fight against 2 opponents to win.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


NotEnuffDakka #9 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 147 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

A red base regenerated back in this case. The icon was only 25% red and it went back to about 60% red.

I'll record a video next time I play, if I spot this happening again, I'll upload it.

 

Also, reread my post: me and 3 others actively attacking. I wasn't trying to solo a base, because I know that doesn't work. 4 people attacking a base does work, when there are only the air defense crafts and no players/bots (the ones that show up on the TAB scoreboard) actively defending.


Edited by NotEnuffDakka, 18 October 2017 - 02:31 PM.


MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • 9,477
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNotEnuffDakka, on 18 October 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

A red base regenerated back in this case. The icon was only 25% red and it went back to about 60% red.

I'll record a video next time I play, if I spot this happening again, I'll upload it.

 

Also, reread my post: me and 3 others actively attacking. I wasn't trying to solo a base, because I know that doesn't work. 4 people attacking a base does work, when there are only the air defense crafts and no players/bots (the ones that show up on the TAB scoreboard) actively defending.

 

If it went from 25% to 60% it means that one or 2 of your team were shot down by either the defending aircraft or AA.  Enemy base or neutral base, works the same.  The base defense will swing it back in their favor if the attacking team is getting shot down.

 

Yes, the GT also regenerate if the base swings back into their favor.  I have a good video of this, I'll find and post it.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • 9,477
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 18 October 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

 

If it went from 25% to 60% it means that one or 2 of your team were shot down by either the defending aircraft or AA.  Enemy base or neutral base, works the same.  The base defense will swing it back in their favor if the attacking team is getting shot down.

 

Yes, the GT also regenerate if the base swings back into their favor.  I have a good video of this, I'll find and post it.

 

Here is the video I was talking about.  I am playing GA, and no matter how many GT I destroy, because my team fighting above is losing planes I just cant take over the sector.

 

The base was constantly regenerating, and finally I lost it to the enemy because too many of my planes above were shot down.

 


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 19 October 2017 - 01:37 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users