Tone Down Ridiculous AA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Dru83 #21 Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• 176 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I don't mind the stronger AA too much. It's more realistic and encourages the player to think and create strategies to get around it. If you've got a little plane, don't fly over AA period. I will often take out one or two guns on one side of a target and then stick to that side when pursuing the enemy planes. It's got me strafing AA guns in a Zero, which was wasn't common in the past forms of WOWP, but was done many times in WWII. It also encourages people to fly lower (to destroy AA), which I'm not a big fan of, but it creates more crazy battles down low. 

Heibges #22 Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

Also, I've noticed that with Squall Line mechanic, planes with low health are effectively trapped over their own AAA, much like in Supremacy.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Thornir #23 Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 445 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostPriolia, on 16 October 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

In WoWp 2.0 there is a distinctive difference between airplane classes that really matters when it comes to surviving and getting a victory.

To win you should understand what class does what. You would get clues about you class role on a battle starting screen.

So the idea is when your GAA enters the sector and starting to destroy AA defence fighter should cover him. Team work brings viictory!

There is 2 types of AA on a game. For low altitudes which hit fighters and GAA and these should be eliminated at first place when you get to the sector, otherwise you will get a situation described above.

The other type is high altitude AA for hitting bombers.

Cover your team mates and follow your class targets to win.

How can you tell the types of AA apart?

Thornir #24 Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 445 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostLord_Man_Hammer, on 16 October 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

seriously getting your plane ripped to shreds by this "RANDOM" [edited]is crap.

Remove it completely or tone it down.    One random hit from this garbage and every plane is at half health.

This shouldnt be this impactful of matches at all and really kills any enjoyment in air combat with this crap tearing your plane apart in one hit.

​Unless you have some GA or MR's going in, don't go in yourself. Wait outside. In fact, if you are going to a CP without GA's or MR's don't go there at all.

LMG #25 Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

View PostThornir, on 01 November 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

How can you tell the types of AA apart?

The low-altitude AA is marked with a triangle and fires like a machinegun. They also don't fire after a certain distance. High-altitude AA is marked with what looks like the multirole fighter icon. It can only fire at targets flying at high altitudes, and their shots explode, leaving a cloud with shrapnel that damages anything that flies through it. You only have to take out the actual gun to make it stop firing. The guns of both types are considered unarmored targets and can be dealt with by almost any plane with some gunfire, though the low-altitude AA will shoot at you at that distance, so be careful.
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Raptor95662 #26 Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
Just make AA an effect with little damage. Each hit is 1 point. I like the effect but not the sniper part. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users