Tone Down Ridiculous AA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Lord_Man_Hammer #1 Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 151 battles

seriously getting your plane ripped to shreds by this "RANDOM" [edited]is crap.

Remove it completely or tone it down.    One random hit from this garbage and every plane is at half health.

This shouldnt be this impactful of matches at all and really kills any enjoyment in air combat with this crap tearing your plane apart in one hit.

Bobby_Tables #2 Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

That type of planes do you fly that get shot up so badly?

Try flying different plane classes, like multi role or heavy fighters or even ground attack and see what you think after that.  The AA isn't too crazy in my opinion.  When you do go over enemy territory by yourself, all those guns are focused on you, so yeah, they hurt a ton.  From my experience, the only planes you can realistically take solo over neutral or enemy territory is a Ground Attacker and at lower tiers those can get sliced and diced pretty quickly but at upper tiers they have a huge hit point pool where AA is almost meaningless.  

Watch what your bots/teammates are doing and try to get a group heading for a new territory.  Use the Control and mouse key to indicate where you want to go by pressing Control and then clicking on a territory on the map/radar.  Your team will not always follow, but if they do, then you have a strike force to give multiple targets to the AA.  If they do not follow and you go off on your own, you are probably cruisin for an AA brusin'.    

Some have claimed that the AA bursts are too distracting, but I think it sorta adds to the "fog of war" aspect that is much more prevalent in 2.0 than in prior versions.  

Lord_Man_Hammer #3 Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 151 battles

Umm why on earth should I have to play any class just to avoid the [edited]of AA?    Im literally at 5000km alt and enemy planes havent even arrived yet im at half health due to [edited]flak.

Theres ZERO reason AA flak should do that damage,  or damage at all cause right now its just rng rape.

Get rid of it.

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Or, as an alternative, you could learn how to play and not get killed so quickly.  Skill takes practice and time.  

Losers say: "Change the game because I keep getting killed!" 

Winners say: "Let's see how this change in tactics will work".  

With your battle count, getting on the forum and saying "change the game 'cause I stink" is probably not going to cut it.

Learn, improve, adapt, overcome. 

Or, get in a little box with all of your plushys and create a little bit of heaven in your safe space.   [Edit: that's pretty much a description of Tanks, isn't it?]

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 16 October 2017 - 05:59 AM.

Priolia #5 Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

WoWP Supertest Manager

• Developer
  • Manager
  • 0 battles

In WoWp 2.0 there is a distinctive difference between airplane classes that really matters when it comes to surviving and getting a victory.

To win you should understand what class does what. You would get clues about you class role on a battle starting screen.

So the idea is when your GAA enters the sector and starting to destroy AA defence fighter should cover him. Team work brings viictory!

There is 2 types of AA on a game. For low altitudes which hit fighters and GAA and these should be eliminated at first place when you get to the sector, otherwise you will get a situation described above.

The other type is high altitude AA for hitting bombers.

Cover your team mates and follow your class targets to win.

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #6 Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

View PostPriolia, on 16 October 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

In WoWp 2.0 there is a distinctive difference between airplane classes that really matters when it comes to surviving and getting a victory.

To win you should understand what class does what. You would get clues about you class role on a battle starting screen.

So the idea is when your GAA enters the sector and starting to destroy AA defence fighter should cover him. Team work brings viictory!

There is 2 types of AA on a game. For low altitudes which hit fighters and GAA and these should be eliminated at first place when you get to the sector, otherwise you will get a situation described above.

but Bot GAA isn't shoot AA that much,

There is almost no teamworks with bots :/

I tries to co-operate with bots but they just give us big [Edited] and do what they want.

Sometimes, all of bots just chase the bot bomber squadron while gaa are dying left and right by enemy 'defense fighter' or 'enemy player GAA whom designed to counter hostile GAA(Example: NC 1070)'.

and Some another times,  all of bots just split into half and don't care the bomber squadron while I am flying with GAA or low alt fighter which that can't intercept them.  (Don't mention the plane-change at the airbase, They also doing that even we don't have airbase on map, so I can't change my plane.)

RU theories usually don't works on NA market,  unless we grab the more and more players.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

Priolia #7 Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

WoWP Supertest Manager

• Developer
  • Manager
  • 0 battles

View PostLt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, on 16 October 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

RU theories usually don't works on NA market,  unless we grab the more and more players.

That is not exactly RU theories, but how this supposed to work. More players in battle will fix the situation. 

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #8 Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

View PostPriolia, on 16 October 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

That is not exactly RU theories, but how this supposed to work. More players in battle will fix the situation. 

Alright then,  
First of all,  I think I choose wrong sentences.  I apologies.

Secondly,  Then We need to suffer this pain until we grab more players?  sad to hear that.

Former 2.0 stat.

Priolia #9 Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

WoWP Supertest Manager

• Developer
  • Manager
  • 0 battles

View PostLt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, on 16 October 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

Alright then,  

First of all,  I think I choose wrong sentences.  I apologies.

Secondly,  Then We need to suffer this pain until we grab more players?  sad to hear that.

I would say, that if I was at your place I would think of a different tactic. This can also help. In a fact if I can find one, you sure can also find it.

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #10 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

View PostPriolia, on 16 October 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

I would say, that if I was at your place I would think of a different tactic. This can also help. In a fact if I can find one, you sure can also find it.

There is nearly noone to clear out AA,  so My choice  was,   Flying with GA or Multirole much more than 1.9
If anyone don't kill the AA?  then I can become the one who kills AA

but It don't helps me when I am not flying with Muitirole or GA but flying with heavy fighter which I need to shoot bomber squadron down, or Light fighters that they don't have enough firepower and it is not their primary jobs.

Really, I can't fly with GA or Multirole only, all day long.  I also want play with Light fighters and heavies without pain.

Hope we grab more players ASAP.

+ New gamemode or normal bomber branch which we don't need to buy with token or gold  will makes me happier,  even I disappointed on 2.0 much,  Still waiting the further update. including 2.0.1 on November.  Because you guys on persha/wargaming kiev told me that 2.0 is necessary for updating new thing.  (I hope that it isn't lie that guys on WOT usually does,  No Chieftain...  Still shocked on it.)

Even you guys didn't gave us Clan war long times,   I am holding my last breath of hope.  

Because I saw little bit, small piece of possibility that 2.1 or further update might bring on.

bad as 'Update of World of Warplanes 1.0~1.9'  (look at all these negative feedback that burning the forum. Even I don't like current 2.0, I trying  to get used to it)   0.3/10 :ohmy:

not good as 'Completely new game which launched recently'  (Same as when Warplanes 1.0 has released, you guys did your best but still failed to polish within time)  3.7/10 :sceptic:

good as 'baseplate of further update.' (If you guys changed game like this,  I believe that you guys can change game a lot, like this time. same as when WOWS brang Aircraft Carriers and WOT's new HD map.)

7.6/10 :medal:

Hope you guys don't screw the thing off, and revive the game well.

If I frustrated once more,  I think I can't hold my feelings and burn like nearly everyone else does.  :(

Trying my best to Looking on Bright side, and it works bit.

Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 16 October 2017 - 01:07 PM.

Former 2.0 stat.

pyantoryng #11 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

I-5 ShKAS with Marina behind its controls fry all the AA guns...oh wait, you can just down four planes before anyone dies in the circle to silence the AA temporarily. Problem is, everybots mobs the circle then they keep dying...

You can jink to reduce damage with low alt AA...and perhaps the same can be applied with high ones, but the high ones are mainly for dealing with combat team bombers trying to solo bases, pretty much their only counter outside of a dedicated HF player patrolling 4km above for them (fighters can't go that high easily due to halved boost and they take a lot of damage from rear guns).

Capture the base quickly to mitigate AA fire...easy to say.............

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Caecias #12 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostPriolia, on 16 October 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

I could not agree more with elevating the class of planes and their specific roles... this was missing in 1.9; there is a certain aspect of team play that has now been introduced for the better, and is very much welcome in this game mode. 

What does seem to be absent though is proper inertia / flight model feel in different classes, even with or without ordinance and load outs...  improving / re-introducing more realism in the flight model, and adjustable camera options and you have a home run for the conquest game mode.

In the previous death match modes (v 1.x), planes were utilized without much regard for what their role was to complete an objective - I still believe there is merit in this even with conquest mode introducing more realism into expected plane class roles and team responsibilities.

I also appreciate the new maneuverability scaling... it helps reveal subtle differences between planes / classes.

The only thing on my wish list are improvements to inertial feel and flight model...  it's that significant piece of 1.x that made it so special. I think when it comes time to introduce a new death match mode... or even expand into other arenas, the common inertial model would be the the common glue that again separates this simulation from a basic, remedial arcade game, and one that approaches true to life simulations like DCS.   I don't want this to be DCS, but I also don't want this to be the 1995 edition of X-Wing fighter.

Flying is all about controlling the inertia / energy of your plane...   especially in combat.

Edited by Caecias, 19 October 2017 - 04:40 AM.

SkywhaleExpress #13 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPriolia, on 16 October 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

If you were at my place, I'd be wondering what I won... or if I were being subpoena'd for something...   :hiding:LOL just kidding.

Welcome back tot he forums :honoring:

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

SkywhaleExpress #14 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Also, AA is just fine, folks..  Light planes shouldn't be over AA. Should wait for heavier bombers/GA to take them out.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

hawkeyededic #15 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles
Excellent advise that holds true today in 2.0 the same as it did in 1.9 and before.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Heibges #16 Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

PVP'ers in any game I have played don't tend to like Environmental Enemies, but on the other hand, in a WW2 flying game, it adds to the immersion.

Tough one.

Edited by Heibges, 23 October 2017 - 07:32 PM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Snarky_Wombat #17 Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 162 battles

Block Quote

Also, AA is just fine, folks..  Light planes shouldn't be over AA. Should wait for heavier bombers/GA to take them out.

I tend to agree, nothing wrong with it so far.  I don't really seem to have a problem with it, even as a fighter.  I do take steps to ensure I am not focused by all the light AA at the same time though.  AA is an excellent element that forces you to play to the environment and with the team, not just mindlessly shoot other players.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat, 26 October 2017 - 01:23 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #18 Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
What I really don't like is when you get the low alt AA firing at you and you get a ton of sound feedback that your plane is getting hit by a ton of bullets, but you have no idea what part of your plane is getting hit, what direction the bullets are coming from, and the HP loss on the bar lags behind your actual loss of HP so that the sound feedback of how many bullets are hitting you and the visual feedback of the HP bar degrading don't match up.:sceptic:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Heibges #19 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

The other issue is that if it comes down to the Victory Condition of destroying all enemy planes after the Squall Line hits, it makes for an anti-climactic ending if the enemy is destroyed by AI on the other side of the map.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

comtedumas #20 Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1122 battles

View PostLord_Man_Hammer, on 16 October 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

seriously getting your plane ripped to shreds by this "RANDOM" [edited]is crap.

Remove it completely or tone it down.    One random hit from this garbage and every plane is at half health.

This shouldnt be this impactful of matches at all and really kills any enjoyment in air combat with this crap tearing your plane apart in one hit.

Tone it down and make each item of the ground section give proper points.  If I kill the gun, the other three bunkers at the AA site are useless.  

Edited by comtedumas, 29 October 2017 - 02:14 AM.

Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users