Jump to content


v2.0 Alpha Player thoughts


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Styo #1 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 41 battles
  • 425
  • [-NK-] -NK-
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

So, I received an email that v2.0 is out!...

New game mode? Check.

Bombers? Check.

Carrier bundle bonus code? Wow!

 

Redeem bonus code, only receive 1 plane and no gold for the other two I already own. Okay, jerk move but whatever, I can play as a bomber now! Go to tech tree to use free XP to get my 1st bomber, oh wait.... It's not there. I have to pay for it or win it by luck with craploot....

 

You really haven't learned anything to attract new players have you? Still cannot buy prem ammo with credits like WoT and WoWS. Like seriously?.. Uninstall? 


nobody Knows


Kesh_Lives #2 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 63 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    02-08-2014

View PostStyo, on 16 October 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

So, I received an email that v2.0 is out!...

New game mode? Check.

Bombers? Check.

Carrier bundle bonus code? Wow!

 

Redeem bonus code, only receive 1 plane and no gold for the other two I already own. Okay, jerk move but whatever, I can play as a bomber now! Go to tech tree to use free XP to get my 1st bomber, oh wait.... It's not there. I have to pay for it or win it by luck with craploot....

 

You really haven't learned anything to attract new players have you? Still cannot buy prem ammo with credits like WoT and WoWS. Like seriously?.. Uninstall? 

You may have gotten credits for the other planes, rather than gold.  

 



Styo #3 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 41 battles
  • 425
  • [-NK-] -NK-
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

View Postmavfin87, on 15 October 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

You may have gotten credits for the other planes, rather than gold.  

 

 

Nope no credits either....

nobody Knows


Kesh_Lives #4 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 63 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    02-08-2014

Oh, well. Free plane is free.

 



BrushWolf #5 Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • 5,907
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostStyo, on 15 October 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

 

 

Redeem bonus code, only receive 1 plane and no gold for the other two I already own. Okay, jerk move but whatever, I can play as a bomber now! Go to tech tree to use free XP to get my 1st bomber, oh wait.... It's not there. I have to pay for it or win it by luck with craploot....

 

 

One of the quiet and undocumented changes was credits instead of gold.


I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


BeaverDucky #6 Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:25 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 560 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostStyo, on 16 October 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

So, I received an email that v2.0 is out!...

New game mode? Check.

Bombers? Check.

Carrier bundle bonus code? Wow!

 

Redeem bonus code, only receive 1 plane and no gold for the other two I already own. Okay, jerk move but whatever, I can play as a bomber now! Go to tech tree to use free XP to get my 1st bomber, oh wait.... It's not there. I have to pay for it or win it by luck with craploot....

 

You really haven't learned anything to attract new players have you? Still cannot buy prem ammo with credits like WoT and WoWS. Like seriously?.. Uninstall? 

 

Also, not discounting anything you're saying, except that there's no premium ammo in WOWs... It's actually something that's really pleased me about that game, no special ammo that is just plain better than the rest.. Unless we're talking Royal Navy Battleship HE shells... but that's a whole other story ;)

Kesh_Lives #7 Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 63 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    02-08-2014

View PostDoctorQuacks, on 16 October 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

 

Also, not discounting anything you're saying, except that there's no premium ammo in WOWs... It's actually something that's really pleased me about that game, no special ammo that is just plain better than the rest.. Unless we're talking Royal Navy Battleship HE shells... but that's a whole other story ;)

 

I speculate that part of the reason is that unlike WoT and WoWP, the unit to buy would be a bit large.  i.e. buy it by the magazine, vs the belt or the rack?  I'm happy that it isn't in WoWS, as that is still my primary WG offering.

 

I mean, what would it cost to load premium ammo in the Cleveland's magazines?  Also, there's not so many types as there is in tank or plane MG/cannon ammo.

 

 

 


Edited by mavfin87, 16 October 2017 - 04:32 AM.


NargilFenris #8 Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 7 battles
  • 891
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011
Planes still feel the same, but the matches seem a lot more fun. Would have been nice to receive something for the planes I already owned, but I still got free one so not really complaining.

If you were looking for the A-Team I am sorry to inform you that you found the F Troop.


MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5737 battles
  • 9,516
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNargilFenris, on 15 October 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Planes still feel the same, but the matches seem a lot more fun. Would have been nice to receive something for the planes I already owned, but I still got free one so not really complaining.

 

WOW... a purple guy... I have never seen one before.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Psicko23 #10 Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37 battles
  • 2,723
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostNargilFenris, on 15 October 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

Planes still feel the same, but the matches seem a lot more fun. Would have been nice to receive something for the planes I already owned, but I still got free one so not really complaining.

 

how do the planes feel the same? when was the last time you played before 2.0 out of curiosity?

 



gerr22 #11 Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5861 battles
  • 690
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
i got gold ammo for a plane i don t have

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • 5,548
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStyo, on 15 October 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

So, I received an email that v2.0 is out!...

New game mode? Check.

Bombers? Check.

Carrier bundle bonus code? Wow!

 

Redeem bonus code, only receive 1 plane and no gold for the other two I already own. Okay, jerk move but whatever, I can play as a bomber now! Go to tech tree to use free XP to get my 1st bomber, oh wait.... It's not there. I have to pay for it or win it by luck with craploot....

 

You really haven't learned anything to attract new players have you? Still cannot buy prem ammo with credits like WoT and WoWS. Like seriously?.. Uninstall? 

 

The "Universal" ammo is gold ammo bought with credits.

 

It's also a much better deal economically than the "legit" gold rounds.


 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users