All about the Money

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

WyvernXbow #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 623 battles
  • [BBW] BBW
OK, I get it, with only a handful of hardcore players on at any given moment (and all of us complaining that most of the battles were against mostly bots and not humans) this was a financial drain and something had to be done.  However I for one found this game because it was on a TV commercial!!!!  There has been NO advertising of this game for years!!!   I complained up and down that their FB page sat without any updates for months at a time.   Well, they fixed the FB page and are much more active but the game still got no support from marketing.  Tanks and Ships does but not Planes.   I also noted a LONG time ago that tier 1 and 2 needs to be isolated in the game play so newbies are not just cannon fodder for the experienced pilots and there is NO reason my FW57 should be able to sight in on a Type 91.  So...rather than do the improvements the game needed (tweaks) and actually "sell the game" to new people they just designed a no-skill shoot-em-up that anyone in their Mothers basement can play while sipping their Mountain Dew and munching on PB&J with the crust removed.  The issue will be if 2.0 draws in enough of the basement slugs that their numbers go up.  If that happens then any chance of a re-boot of 1.9 will financially not happen.  Im also getting somewhat annoyed with NO feedback or communication from WOW on the reams of pissed off players posting everywhere.  You post on FB how much you love the new game they lick your [edited].  You post how much you dislike it and its silence.   Pretty cowardly if you ask me.   You built crap..now come out from behind your desk and take your lumps and explain how your going to make this right WOW!!!

Edited by WyvernXbow, 14 October 2017 - 07:22 PM.

WhineMaker #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
(sarcasm)With the HUGE player base of 1.9(/sarcasm), I think the huge pile of bovine fecal material, namely WoWP, needed change. It makes for a rough business model to develop/produce a game for a few hundred dedicated players. There is only so much that can be addressed for such a miniscule player base.Major changes were needed to have the hope of drawing in new players. Without which, the game was already in a death spiral over the past several years. 

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

Kirov_Six #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostClickez4Fun, on 14 October 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

(sarcasm)With the HUGE player base of 1.9(/sarcasm), I think the huge pile of bovine fecal material, namely WoWP, needed change. It makes for a rough business model to develop/produce a game for a few hundred dedicated players. There is only so much that can be addressed for such a miniscule player base.Major changes were needed to have the hope of drawing in new players. Without which, the game was already in a death spiral over the past several years. 

Of course it's about the money.  WG doesn't do this for world peace!

Don't confuse the 'old guard' with the facts.  They don't want to hear anything that doesn't come from their little echo chamber.

I had a new experience last night...a game with 8 humans on each side!  *gasp*.  Never saw that in 1.9.

DarkDaVinci #4 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 14 October 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Don't confuse the 'old guard' with the facts.  They don't want to hear anything that doesn't come from their little echo chamber.

I had a new experience last night...a game with 8 humans on each side!  *gasp*.  Never saw that in 1.9.

:child:

and why isnt there the number of players online? shushh!

and wait u never played 1.9.. u dont know ...

Edited by DarkDaVinci, 14 October 2017 - 07:58 PM.

DarkDaVinci #5 Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View PostClickez4Fun, on 14 October 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

indoctrination boy:kamikaze:. u need to stay there....and more relax.

Edited by DarkDaVinci, 14 October 2017 - 08:09 PM.

GouIdy #6 Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 14 October 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Proof or it didn't happen, you played 17 games since 2014 how would you know what happened in 1.9 let alone any other iteration of the game.

TokyoExpress #7 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 146 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 14 October 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, with only 17 battles pre-2.0, is that really such a great surprise to you ? And, if so many are loving this and now playing, why is WG still hiding the online player stats ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users