• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

scrapking #41 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 540 battles
  • [BLAR] BLAR

View PostMezurashi, on 16 October 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Just a reminder to keep this post constructive. 

​0 battles, must be a Wargaming created account. :/

scrapking #42 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 540 battles
  • [BLAR] BLAR
I agree that 2.0 is interesting, I'll go one step further and call it "good." I will also agree that it for sure needs some polish, though I won't agree on your priorities for what it is that needs improving. Game crashes and bot behavior come to mind as two issues that ought to be pretty high up there in terms of improvements. Regardless, I'm enjoying myself.

S4pp3REffecT #43 Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 283 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW
No we do not need a lead indicator IMO, players are fine without it, just takes practice.

Also to all of you who went after him based on number of games etc etc, shame on you.

Whether he has played lots or not, he is still entitled to his opinion.

It's juvenile, 'he posted something positive about 2.0, must stat check to make sure I can dismiss his feedback because noob.'

OP, well done for actually providing feedback in a positive way.

mnbv_fockewulfe #44 Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostS4pp3REffecT, on 11 November 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

No we do not need a lead indicator IMO, players are fine without it, just takes practice.

Also to all of you who went after him based on number of games etc etc, shame on you.

Whether he has played lots or not, he is still entitled to his opinion.

It's juvenile, 'he posted something positive about 2.0, must stat check to make sure I can dismiss his feedback because noob.'

OP, well done for actually providing feedback in a positive way.

Actually, Priolia herself is for judging players opinions based on their number count. :sceptic:

I'd quote the post but I read it awhile ago and forgot to screenshot it.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

S4pp3REffecT #45 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 283 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 12 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Actually, Priolia herself is for judging players opinions based on their number count. :sceptic:

I'd quote the post but I read it awhile ago and forgot to screenshot it.

Oh that's bleedin' horrible...

Still that aside, the amount of replies in this thread that are devoted to the OPs stats or number of games compared to discussion about OPs points is disgusting...

mnbv_fockewulfe #46 Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Nah, the OP's point wasn't even that interesting anyway.

Good thing stats don't mean anything in 2.0!:great:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

aradragoon #47 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:59 AM

Airman Basic

• 45 battles
Balance still needs a few tweaks here and there, especially at lower tiers, but overall it feels much better than alpha/cbt. 

As to number of battles, I quite honestly didn't really play after CBT/OBT since I didn't like the direction the game was headed in and felt like the feedback was ignored. 2.0 feels better but seems like it needs fixing.

Number 1 on my list, though, is move the max number of players in a flight to 3 which would make it similar to warships and tanks. Quite honestly if that doesn't happen many players moving from tanks and ships back to warplanes will leave, myself included. I have gotten accustomed to the 3 player groups in other games and since I play wargaming's games to play with my friends, only being able to play with 1 at a time is problematic. Also as to balance from the divisions the games already almost entirely won by 1 or 2 people per team in my experience since 2.0 usually there is 1 person with 11 - 15k combat points and another with 8 - 10k. The rest are usually 2k and these people aren't usually in flights so I can't see a flight making that much of a bigger difference. If anything try to match flights up with another flight of equal people. The only problem I see with that is player population which is already a problem and the smaller flights are, imo, continuing to hurt that population.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #48 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• 204 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

The game could be a lot better, provided the devs even get passed any feedback left by the folks on this server cluster.

For the average gamer, 2.0 is still pretty meh; you (may...) win 1-2 then lose 3-9 in nothing flat; topping the scoreboard with chevrons or ending up fourth down with none seems to make no difference towards a loss or win.

- inability to do something as simple as change the color of the sight reticule, which goes invisible on a number of maps in too many directions.

- bombers appear in tiers where they can simply orbit untouchable; this is a bad game mechanic that needs a tweak.

- stacked teams are prevalent given the apparently still small population, which is entirely down to chance with the matchmaker but quite often repeatedly kicks players already on a losing streak.

- numerous poor map layouts, where a certain type of cap provides an initial advantage to one team that cannot be overcome as the coordination (again, primarily down to the bots) will never occur.

- conquest mode where friendly bots too often never finish off structures, neutral aircraft, or enemy aircraft; more than a bit silly to be unable to capture, or to lose a capture the team just spent minutes working over to one red.

- bomber flights chew up ''light'' fighters that get near them, yet are often unreachable by many tougher multi-role aircraft if not outright ignored by the bot heavies; some matches all of the bots fling themselves at such flights.

- bot behavior is bad, like truly really appallingly bad; countless games now where I glance at the mini-map or hit tab while respawning only to see pairs/trios of heavies or attack aircraft doing... nothing, out in neutral territory?

Once my premium time is up, well, I just don't know; I don't mind losing a close game or two, but nights of essentially nothing but losses no matter how well I or the blue human players do is rather pointless.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 14 November 2017 - 06:34 AM.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #49 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostS4pp3REffecT, on 12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Oh that's bleedin' horrible...

Still that aside, the amount of replies in this thread that are devoted to the OPs stats or number of games compared to discussion about OPs points is disgusting...

Priola herself talked about games played being important in a discussion and giving validity to a poster. One of the WG devs you know.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

Bubba_Zanetti #50 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 14 November 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

Priola herself talked about games played being important in a discussion and giving validity to a poster. One of the WG devs you know.

Over the lifetime of WoWP, too many people cried nerf, made suggestions, whined without knowing all the characteristics and methods to deal with various situations with each type and line of plane.  Like most subjects in life, everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but it’s validity is reinforced when backed up by experience.

Imho, until you can make an informed opinion, ask questions, observe and test, understanding you’re probably missing some piece(s) of the puzzle.  But that takes time, commitment and patience.

Rooster585 #51 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 17 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

JZM1926 is nutz. 

The game as it exists today is junk. They took a game many enjoyed and you never really stopped learning into a hodge podge battle that give you zero tactics to work with. Filled with bots and no rhyme or reason. Yes the previous versions needed to be improved, but this whole sale change has ruined it for me. And apparently many many others. I have dozens of contacts and a member of DOW. Anytime I log in, maybe 3-5 old contacts are in and only about 5-7 of our clan. Used to be about 15-25 contacts and we would average 9-10 or so clan. The numbers are way down and there is no arguing that fact.

Too bad-many of us have put a lot of time and some money (About 2 to 3 times what a PS2 game would cost new for me) into the game, which now is totally unenjoyable.

WOW = POS

Rooster

Rooster585 #52 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:54 AM

Airman Basic

• 17 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Correction - We would have anywhere from 9-20 clan logged in most evenings / weekends.

jzm1926 #53 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

Senior Airman

• 72 battles

View PostRooster585, on 16 November 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

JZM1926 is nutz. 

The game as it exists today is junk. They took a game many enjoyed and you never really stopped learning into a hodge podge battle that give you zero tactics to work with. Filled with bots and no rhyme or reason. Yes the previous versions needed to be improved, but this whole sale change has ruined it for me. And apparently many many others. I have dozens of contacts and a member of DOW. Anytime I log in, maybe 3-5 old contacts are in and only about 5-7 of our clan. Used to be about 15-25 contacts and we would average 9-10 or so clan. The numbers are way down and there is no arguing that fact.

Too bad-many of us have put a lot of time and some money (About 2 to 3 times what a PS2 game would cost new for me) into the game, which now is totally unenjoyable.

WOW = POS

Rooster

A lot of players away from this game because of the decreased of “ROF” in 1.9.It reduced a lot of fun.And stupid bots too.Most of my old friends left at 1.9

Usually, the more skill needed,the fewer players will play.

2.0 become easiler and now there more players than that in v1.9.Even there will almost all players without bots in a battle in  V VI.

I feel bored that I need to play with a lot of bots every time.But now it changed a lot,there are more and more players.:)

Edited by jzm1926, 16 November 2017 - 10:32 AM.

__ThisMachine__ #54 Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:10 AM

Senior Airman

• 8 battles

View Postcool_runnins, on 14 October 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Hey Jizzim,  you forgot to add.....'and for my summer vacation I wrote a poem'.....

FEMALE DOG (you all know what i mean) PLEASE! He spent the summer with his uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines. He shot like 50 of them, they kept trying to attack his cousins. What the heck would you do in a situation like that? He used a frickin 12 gauge, what do you think?

S4pp3REffecT #55 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 283 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 14 November 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

Over the lifetime of WoWP, too many people cried nerf, made suggestions, whined without knowing all the characteristics and methods to deal with various situations with each type and line of plane.  Like most subjects in life, everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but it’s validity is reinforced when backed up by experience.

Imho, until you can make an informed opinion, ask questions, observe and test, understanding you’re probably missing some piece(s) of the puzzle.  But that takes time, commitment and patience.

One would ask why there's a need for that if the points raised don't necessarily have merit.

Used to encounter a lot of this when I used to be serious in Overwatch. Instead of stat checking and crying 'noob' I would simply counter the points raised with logic and knowledge and try to help educate.

By sticking it to someone based on their skill or games, they'll simply switch off and not listen to advice...

Personally I agree with some of the stuff raised here but I don't have enough experience yet outside of the following issues:

- Get rid of gold ammo, it's pay-to-win

- Poor map Configs (mostly attack/defence style) just doesn't work with the average player skill base.

- better/more education on the command centre bomber runs, so sick of seeing 3/4 of my team run off to shoot them down when 1-2 HF could easily do it solo.

- better UI for radio commands, we need a hotkey like tanks and warships has (unless there's one I'm not aware of?)

- in lower tiers, rework the numbers a bit so that squall actually gets used. It's extremely rare to see it mean anything outside of T7+ matches (where it can be amazing trying to pull a win back)

Otherwise I think the game is in a pretty good place and I really enjoy it, specially after us Aussie and Kiwi folks got shafted in Asia with Warships Clan Battles times (11pm - 2am and 1am - 3am respectively)

Not sure how many games I've played but have everything upto+including

- T5 FW190

- T5 German HF

- T6 Ki

- A7M

All next planes are unlocked but currently deciding which plane to purchase next, leaning towards J7M1...

And if any of you can stat check me, please let me know how - would love to work out area for improvement.

Unraveler #56 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• 947 battles

I've been playing again since 2.0 was unleashed and I'm still having a lot of fun. It's taken me away from WoWS (and WoT, but I wasn't really playing that much anymore). Edit: I'm on Asia server, but there's no WoWP for Asia so here I am.

Besides some bug fixes, I have a balancing concern about Ground Attack planes. In the old system, ordnance was single-use only. Once the bombs were dropped they were gone for the rest of the battle. The in-flight re-arming is good (and definitely required) for the new Conquest mode, so that's fine. But what about the dedicated gun GAs? Pre-2.0, their lack of raw destructive capability (compared to bombs and rockets) was balanced by their unlimited ammunition. Now that ordnance is also unlimited, should planes like He 129 and Ju 88P be improved a bit to remain competitive?

Edited by Unraveler, 16 November 2017 - 10:56 AM.

trikke #57 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 238 battles

View PostUnraveler, on 16 November 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

I've been playing again since 2.0 was unleashed and I'm still having a lot of fun. It's taken me away from WoWS (and WoT, but I wasn't really playing that much anymore). Edit: I'm on Asia server, but there's no WoWP for Asia so here I am.

. But what about the dedicated gun GAs? Pre-2.0, their lack of raw destructive capability (compared to bombs and rockets) was balanced by their unlimited ammunition. Now that ordnance is also unlimited, should planes like He 129 and Ju 88P be improved a bit to remain competitive?

thanks for choosing the US server... we appreciate your dedication, despite your ping times!

maybe boost reload time between shots?    is that the improvement that would balance them?

Bubba_Zanetti #58 Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostS4pp3REffecT, on 16 November 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Personally I agree with some of the stuff raised here but I don't have enough experience yet outside of the following issues:

- Get rid of gold ammo, it's pay-to-win

Based on WOT, where gold rounds were needed to penetrate anything at high tiers?  Gold doesn’t guarantee you a win in this game.  Universal is good enough.  They’ve stretched the damage output over the years so there’s more rng and less hand/eye co-ordination/alpha damage done now.  Rarely can you get one pass insta gibs compared to earlier iterations.  They could change gold damage, but in this bot infested, conquest mode of rando’s...if someone’s going to dominate a match, it’s more than just the type of ammo they’re using.

- better/more education on the command centre bomber runs, so sick of seeing 3/4 of my team run off to shoot them down when 1-2 HF could easily do it solo.

And how many of those fighters chasing bombers are bots?

And if any of you can stat check me, please let me know how - would love to work out area for improvement.

Other than the default wowp sites player search?

Two popular sites (which haven’t been updated for 2.0’s API) are:

https://na.warplanes.today/ and http://hryunomod.ru/en/hryunometr.html

Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 16 November 2017 - 02:23 PM.

StoptheViolins #59 Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 621 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 16 November 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Usually bots only chase bombers if they respawn when the bombers are close to the spawn site - the rest of the time they hunt cap points in the following order:

What hasn't been captured

What is closest

What is in the middle

This is their fall through. So if there is an un-captured point, the AI will try to focus there if there is none they will focus on the nearest red cap point.  If they respawn then they will focus on the central cap point if it is red.  If it isn't red then they will go for the closest cap point that is red.  If all cap points are blue they will go to the center cap point.  If there is no center cap point they will go to the nearest cap point. 

S4pp3REffecT #60 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Senior Airman

• 283 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 17 November 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

WoT gold ammo can be bought with creds and 99% only provides better better or different penetration. They don't give you uber fire chance/crit chance.

Players do it too specially under T7.

Have tried the stat sites, I didn't play 1.x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users