WoWp Launcher

WoWp 2.0 Launcher WG launcher

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

John_McCarthy1 #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 48 battles

Hello, i'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this in but i'm sure it will be moved if need be.

anyway I would like to know if there is a way to use the old launcher or just a way to avoid the WG launcher, because it just doesn't work that well for me. the first time I used the WG launcher was back in summer when I got a new laptop and I was downloading games again. WoT downloaded fine, they still let you use the old launcher then when I downloaded WoWS the link had me download the WG launcher. I tried using it, and its downloading speed was a lot slower than what it should have been, and whenever I would stop the download and start it again later some progress would be lost. So I went on the WoWs forums and asked about it, and someone was able to link me a download link to the old launcher.

I used the launcher again to test the WoWp 2.0 Beta, which to ensure that it downloaded I left my computer on for a 1 or 2 days and played it one night to test it and I only got to play it one night, and then any other time I tried to play it, it would blue screen and restart my new laptop, and doing a game check it said the game was fine and the launcher was up to date. I then tried a couple of days later and I would get into the game log in screen, and it said I need to update the game. the launcher said it was up to date. so I restarted it, and it once again started to blue screen and restart my laptop.

so, I would like to know if I could use the old launcher which should work fine. I mean the WG launcher says it's in beta, so I would like to not use this "beta Launcher".

So TL;DR if someone could send me a link for the old launcher, it would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time if you bothered reading all that.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles
WoWP no longer support its own launcher. It's WGC or no WoWP.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

DarkDaVinci #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
my observation about testers is correct...

John_McCarthy1 #4 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 48 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 October 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

WoWP no longer support its own launcher. It's WGC or no WoWP.

well that sucks.

View PostDarkDaVinci, on 14 October 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

my observation about testers is correct...

And if you don't mind me asking, what would that be?

Sinton #5 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostJohn_McCarthy1, on 14 October 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hello, i'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this in but i'm sure it will be moved if need be.

anyway I would like to know if there is a way to use the old launcher or just a way to avoid the WG launcher, because it just doesn't work that well for me. the first time I used the WG launcher was back in summer when I got a new laptop and I was downloading games again. WoT downloaded fine, they still let you use the old launcher then when I downloaded WoWS the link had me download the WG launcher. I tried using it, and its downloading speed was a lot slower than what it should have been, and whenever I would stop the download and start it again later some progress would be lost. So I went on the WoWs forums and asked about it, and someone was able to link me a download link to the old launcher.

I used the launcher again to test the WoWp 2.0 Beta, which to ensure that it downloaded I left my computer on for a 1 or 2 days and played it one night to test it and I only got to play it one night, and then any other time I tried to play it, it would blue screen and restart my new laptop, and doing a game check it said the game was fine and the launcher was up to date. I then tried a couple of days later and I would get into the game log in screen, and it said I need to update the game. the launcher said it was up to date. so I restarted it, and it once again started to blue screen and restart my laptop.

so, I would like to know if I could use the old launcher which should work fine. I mean the WG launcher says it's in beta, so I would like to not use this "beta Launcher".

So TL;DR if someone could send me a link for the old launcher, it would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time if you bothered reading all that.

John,

The new launcher has had that Beta tag since it was released months ago for no reason that this simpleton can devine.  It is 2-tabbed for WoWs ans WoWp.  It works very well and is also a useful link to forums, Premiums, all related Wikis and WG.net.  It works very well for both games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users