"New Coke" anyone?

New Coke 2.0 Conquest

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: New Coke? (13 members have cast votes)

Did you prefer New Coke?

1. Yes, I loved New Coke and wish they would bring it back. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No, I switched to Pepsi. (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. No, I bought as much "Old Coke" and stored it in my Basement. (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. I stopped drinking and soda and saved money and lost weight. (4 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

5. I never drank Coke and still don't. (1 vote [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DataNinja #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 15279 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Those who forget history are bound to repeat it.

This reminds me a lot of the product introduction of "New Coke".  (April 1985, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke )

"New Coke was discontinued in July 2002. It remains influential as a cautionary tale against tampering too extensively with a well-established and successful brand."

I would bet many of the players are old enough to remember "New Coke", but I wonder how many from the WOWP program management remember.

1. I liked the previous style of play better.
  2. I have always liked aviation and highly respect the era of aviation combat history around WW2. (game is perfectly targeted, In general I ignore modern jet combat).
  3. The previous flight modes was close enough to give me a feel flying combat in WW2 vs too much gamey.
  4. How hard would it have been to allow users to select mode (Previous or Conquest)?
    1. A nightmare for developers if they tried to maintain updates for both.
    2. Solution: Allow users to continue with pre 2.0 gameplay, but little to no support.
    3. This would allow users to chose, but might mean little to none choosing "New Coke" and the storm of customer feedback.
  5. I will play because this is the closest that feeds my love of military aviation (on my budget in my living room), but I will most likely not be as active.

Thanks

Edited by DataNinja, 14 October 2017 - 07:47 PM.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2449 battles
Well...while WoWP is well-established (to what few hundred and few thousands on other clusters), but is by no means successful.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Kirov_Six #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostDataNinja, on 14 October 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Those who forget history are bound to repeat it.

This reminds me a lot of the product introduction of "New Coke".  (April 1985, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke )

"New Coke was discontinued in July 2002. It remains influential as a cautionary tale against tampering too extensively with a well-established and successful brand."

I would bet many of the players are old enough to remember "New Coke", but I wonder how many from the WOWP program management remember.

1. I liked the previous style of play better.
  2. I have always liked aviation and highly respect the era of aviation combat history around WW2. (game is perfectly targeted, In general I ignore modern jet combat).
  3. The previous flight modes was close enough to give me a feel flying combat in WW2 vs too much gamey.
  4. How hard would it have been to allow users to select mode (Previous or Conquest)?
    1. A nightmare for developers if they tried to maintain updates for both.
    2. Solution: Allow users to continue with pre 2.0 gameplay, but little to no support.
    3. This would allow users to chose, but might mean little to none choosing "New Coke" and the storm of customer feedback.
  5. I will play because this is the closest that feeds my love of military aviation (on my budget in my living room), but I will most likely not be as active.

Thanks

You forgot "Never drank Coke back then, and still don't"

I remember New Coke.  It was Pepsi in a Coke can, but I drank Mountain Dew back then.  I would have been in high school at that point.  

DataNinja #4 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 15279 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Updated poll to additional response.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users