I LOVE 2.0 But.......

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Kirov_Six #21 Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostBigWaveSurfer, on 14 October 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Can I get my pay now WG :trollface:

Yeah, let me know when that shill pay gets to you, so I can look in my mailbox, too! :popcorn:

Sinton #22 Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 14 October 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Yeah, let me know when that shill pay gets to you, so I can look in my mailbox, too! :popcorn:

Marv Marv Marv....a shill does not get paid.  That's one of the subtle nuances.  I thought that with a name like Marvin or even better yet Mavin, you would know that.  Both are so very Jewish, like me :great:

Tedster_ #23 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 518 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_

View PostRarearth, on 14 October 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

so you know all the trolls talking up this bad wt copy who have 42 flights... you know we can see that right .

TIL I'm a troll.
[MAHOU] flank caller in tonks, [-K-] BB main (and supertest coordinator) in botes, here to shoot some planes and have fun.

Wombatmetal #24 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles

View PostSinton, on 14 October 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

Marv Marv Marv....a shill does not get paid.  That's one of the subtle nuances.  I thought that with a name like Marvin or even better yet Mavin, you would know that.  Both are so very Jewish, like me :great:

Shill however is not a Yiddish word, it comes from carny lingo, short for shillaber. 

And they do in fact get paid

Sinton #25 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 14 October 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Shill however is not a Yiddish word, it comes from carny lingo, short for shillaber. 

And they do in fact get paid

No  I'm sorry.  You are wrong.  I see you read Wiki...not definitive I'm afraid.  The German root is thought to have been brought to the US eastern seaboard in the 19th century by European Jewry.  Expand your mind please. And no in the true sense a shill is not paid but is influenced to promote fraud or half truths.

Wombatmetal #26 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles

View PostSinton, on 15 October 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

No  I'm sorry.  You are wrong.  I see you read Wiki...not definitive I'm afraid.  The German root is thought to have been brought to the US eastern seaboard in the 19th century by European Jewry.  Expand your mind please. And no in the true sense a shill is not paid but is influenced to promote fraud or half truths.

I do not read wiki in fact. I am a writer, and words are the tool of my trade. And when I looked up the etymology of shill, it pointed to mid 19th century American carnivals. And Peter Schor, an expert in Yiddish, said it was not in fact Yiddish. And I just looked in a Yiddish dictionary and it's not there. 

The closest reference to German I found is this

Another word with stress allegedly falling on the first syllable is shillaber (American slang), of which the OED, The Second Supplement, has only one 1913 example. The lexicographers on the present staff of the dictionary could not have heard it, for it has been dead for almost a century, and only its doublet shill 'decoy or accomplice, especially one posing as an enthusiastic or successful customer to encourage other buyers, gamblers, etc.' is in use. Shill is probably an abbreviation of shillaber (so in the OED), whose origin is said to be unknown. The development from shillaber to shill does not prove that the longer word had initial stress: cf. prof from professor and, conversely, 'burbs from suburbs. Could shillaber be an extended form of Germ. Schieber 'black marketeeer' (*shi-la-ber)? 

Bobby_Tables #27 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9581 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostBigWaveSurfer, on 14 October 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

I think something had to give (pop. was way to low). I liked the old versions but the new one is like a new game that is growing on me. My old go to Boom and Zoom planes don't seem to work too well, but on the plus my Boomerang is kicking butt. I'll play some more.

Just my 2 cents.

The bots seem to love the Boomerang.  Was it a gift plane at some point?  I don't see it on the tech tree so I figure it was a premium for a mission(s) at some point.  Maybe I sold it, I dunno, but it seems to have a renaissance in 2.0.  

And yes, the game is growing on me as well.  Some planes that worked in 1.x do not work so well here while others still do their duty.  I have had some fun with multiroles but they seem to be very vulnerable and the lack of situational awareness that I am trying to overcome is difficult.  

mullyman #28 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 37 battles
Yeah  the window lickers can hit ground targets in their fighters now and not even be noticed.
mullyman.png

Bobby_Tables #29 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9581 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postmullyman, on 14 October 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yeah  the window lickers can hit ground targets in their fighters now and not even be noticed.

Ummm..... no, not even close.  I like you as a person mullyman, but have you played 40+ rounds in 2.0 yet?  If not, that is what it takes to figure things out, at least for me, but I am a slow learner.

As it is, your comment holds absolutely no water because I have 60+ battles in 2.0 and have rarely seen this type of behavior. [Edit]: and with the new "defender bots" they will certainly be noticed.  

BTW: How many battles in 2.0 do you have as of today?

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 15 October 2017 - 02:46 AM.

Musketeer_Gripweed #30 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5511 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostSinton, on 14 October 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Mav, I have one battle but I swear i had half a dozen respawns in between which I feverishly worked on remapping my mouse and keyboard.  My last 2 spawns I still had no fun.

The FIRST time I flew in closed beta I was in love and that was without one change from stock set up.

To a gamer it's like that.  You get grabbed right from the get go.

War Thunder didn't do it for me, nor does 2.0.

Frustration isn't over the 2.0 change alone, it's come to a head over all the changes done by WG in this game.  Change after change not doing this game justice to it's original intent ( that was quite popular).

On top of that the Sanitation or Extermination of old records really stinks.

I was not a seal clubber, hell I was one of the seals.  Look at my stats, but I used to fly and I know aeronautics.  I love combat aircraft and how they appear in art.  This iteration is very far from it's beginning.  Why have people left.  Why have they been leaving all along?  The Changes, that's why...the only constant in this story.

My main beef with new version is the wiping of Service Records.  .  I don't like the latest changes to the game, too much change all at once.  Maybe introduce so many different aspects gradually. But the one thing that really ticks me off about the new game is the wiping of service records.  Over 16,000 battles and all those accomplishments and medals just gone.  Going to be very reluctant to start building a new record just so they can delete it at some random point in the future. WG really screwed up there.

Edited by Musketeer_Gripweed, 15 October 2017 - 06:05 AM.

deloop #31 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [W-M-D] W-M-D
Well if they put as much advertising into WoWP  as they do tanks and ships  maybe they wouldnt be dieing.   If  you think 2.0 is a great improvment then you really should try warthunder  it will take wowp years to catch up to warthunder as they have stayed true to there original concept and improved it instead of scrapping the whole thing and starting fresh .playing wowp now is like playing warthunder years ago. As a loyal wargamer i often bashed warthunder but now in comparison  they have a major edge it is to late for the old versions they are going to try to be like warthunder  to increase there players base but i dont understand how they expect to compete with a game that is now years ahead of them  ..  because of my 7 year history with wargaming i have noticed they usually do as they please and could care less what the players think . it has always been  well deal with it or move on and alot of us just bitched a little and settled into the new gameplay .. but with 2.0  it boils down to  why play a second rate version of another game ?? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users