I wonder what the completion rate for dailys and Combat reconnaissance are

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

arrrgh #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3208 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I basically seem to get a bunch of missions that are next to impossible, or would take hours of play to get one, at a single tier.   Yeah, forget it.   You know how many crates you will need to get, to get those bombers.   What a pipe dream.

Granted, sure, maybe I suck, or just don't understand.  But, I think my threshold for effort and time has been exceeded.

Ohh, and then there was the bugged mission I completed multiple times, it never registered.

Combat reconnaissance

So, I have got to the 75g one.
Earn 3000 points while capturing territories, in one game, 5 times.

Note, in the small print,, you only see if you mouseover, its only capturing enemy Territory that counts.   So, of course, I thought it was bugged and just didn't work.  (I was flying off to hit neutrals, then ended up defending)
So, I figured that out, but, still, most games, no chance.  Have not got it once yet.  No idea if I was ever close   Maybe I have just lost patience to keep trying. Maybe its easier at different tiers than I was playing?

Having said all of that, maybe the way victory points works, means our low populations makes these way too hard.   Maybe they work great on RU?  

Full teams might result in longer games, and more achievable objectives.  Maybe our games are just over two quickly to do anything?

Edited by arrrgh, 14 October 2017 - 07:15 AM.

amade #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

I think they just want us to spend gold to buy tokens to buy loot crates. You'll be short a few parts near the end of the event and will be tempted to complete it. Then you use tokens to buy crates, and when you run out of tokens and the crates still don't deliver the parts you end up buying/spending gold to buy tokens to buy crates.

I wonder if it's easier for the old-timers who've spent a lot of time in the game. They probably know the most efficient way of grinding for loot crates and tokens, or probably already have a large pile of tokens available and ready to convert to crates.

Edited by amade, 14 October 2017 - 09:24 AM.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2449 battles

View Postamade, on 14 October 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

I think they just want us to spend gold to buy tokens to buy loot crates. You'll be short a few parts near the end of the event and will be tempted to complete it. Then you use tokens to buy crates, and when you run out of tokens and the crates still don't deliver the parts you end up buying/spending gold to buy tokens to buy crates.

I wonder if it's easier for the old-timers who've spent a lot of time in the game. They probably know the most efficient way of grinding for loot crates and tokens, or probably already have a large pile of tokens available and ready to convert to crates.

Missions sure become loads more tedious, true. Winning 7 while being on top of aircraft damage isn't very easy (but that one's worth 10 tokens). Replacement can only be done once a day, not every 4 hours.

With boxes costing a flat 4 tokens with a limit of 5 a day it's easy for someone sitting on heaps of tokens. The boxes can pay out some gold and tokens too, but those are somewhat rare.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FreeFOXMIKE #4 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5225 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
Daily  is NP but the recon one I can not seem to get it to work no matter what I try 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

hawkeyededic #5 Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
So far I have finished the 1 token missions and am still working on the 10 token mission, but I have yet to get any credit towards any of the 4 token missions at all. The combat reconnaissance missions, first 2 completed, part way through the third.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Jyarbro28 #6 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 206 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Trying to do dailies, but seems the daily is either broken or I'm not understanding the purpose. It's a do the required amount of ground damage in battles, 72k seems a bit much for 1 battle, and there doesn't seem to be any accruing as I do battles in a GA or multirole. Seems to me that maybe a better explanation or a fix might be needed.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2449 battles
Some missions are just that unreasonable...downing 6 defense planes in 1 sortie is pretty much you go into two bases and down at least three planes each...while four would capture the place and vaporize all the defense planes that still flies.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

allenr #8 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2556 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

the rewards are totally misleading,

I expected to get a crate with a part of a bomber in it,....wrong

twice now I have had crates with no bomber parts in them,

I got 2 fire extinguishers and " next battle earn 1.5x experience" - yay

not worth the effort

I was going to try for the a26 as it at least has forward guns but i'm not going to bother now

Kirov_Six #9 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View Postallenr, on 14 October 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

I was going to try for the a26 as it at least has forward guns but i'm not going to bother now

You' might get parts for any of the bombers, if you get lucky.  I don't much care for the system, but the first part I got was for an A-26.

pyantoryng #10 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2449 battles

You can get things like gold and premium time off those boxes.

Just got 500 gold from one of the boxes I opened today.

amade #11 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View Postallenr, on 15 October 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

the rewards are totally misleading,

I expected to get a crate with a part of a bomber in it,....wrong

twice now I have had crates with no bomber parts in them,

I got 2 fire extinguishers and " next battle earn 1.5x experience" - yay

not worth the effort

Having seen this sort of thing before, I knew what to expect. So I wasn't surprised about getting crates with no bomber parts, but it does mean that completing it is extremely difficult since not only do you have to grind you're also depending on luck. It would be reasonable for the higher tier premium bomber to be difficult to achieve, but for the tier 4 and 6 bombers? Nah.

The point of these sort of event is supposed to encourage players to play more (look at the missions in WoWS that give away premium ships for example). But when the prize is nearly out of reach, it demotivates more than it encourages.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users