Poll: The Wallet Spenders Pre 2.0

Premium Paying Customers

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: The Wallet Spenders Pre 2.0 (79 members have cast votes)

Did you ever spend a dime(s) in this title?

1. Yes, with great sense of regret (40 votes [50.63%])

Percentage of vote: 50.63%

2. No, thank god I never did (12 votes [15.19%])

Percentage of vote: 15.19%

3. Yes, with no regrets (27 votes [34.18%])

Percentage of vote: 34.18%

Will you stop spending premium after 2.0? If not already?

1. Completely. Yes. (53 votes [67.09%])

Percentage of vote: 67.09%

2. I'll keep spending $, to support my enjoyment and fun (11 votes [13.92%])

Percentage of vote: 13.92%

3. I'll keep spending $, to support WG and persha (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Undecided. Will await further 2.0 updates (15 votes [18.99%])

Percentage of vote: 18.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

armydoc83 #21 Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I really don't regret any of the cash I put down for gold and premium time in 1.9. I had a fun time putting icons and paint on my planes permanently. I LOVED my Wirraway, the odd bit of Premium time that came in a package was nice, and it was a bit of cash towards a game that was fun to me.

But I really can't get in on this 2.0. I'm a guy that will give just about anything the benefit of the doubt, but 2.0 left nothing but a rotten taste in my mouth. I used to love how my 109s and P-51s would fly like angels if you got the energy retention just right. I used to love rope a doping Heavy Fighters in my A7M. I loved breaching in my IL-8. The game had inertia, it had multiple avenues of attack, and you were relying on your own skill to win a match, not trying to get little bonus powers that did the job for you.

They took a game which was at least a half-hearted arcade sim of WWII air battles and turned it into Team Fortress 2 in the sky. Only a matter of time before they introduce capture the flag.

I had a lot of hopes for this game. I was breaking into Tier VIII and trying to get a handle on being a prop plane in a round full of Heavy jets. I hoped to hit Tier X so I could start down at least a couple of the last 4 lines I had yet to open in the game. The MiGs at least looked a lot of fun. I really hoped that with enough battles I'd have a mastery status on every plane in the game.

But 2.0 is cheap and not fun whatsoever. I'm off to play Cold Waters and try out Helibourne. For those of you who enjoy the game in this state, good enough for you. But I'm not spending my money or my time supporting this game anymore.

Thanks for S-S-G and TeamTerrible especially for getting me back into this for a few months at least. Sorry to leave my clanmates but no amount of loyalty makes this game playable.

Bobby_Tables #22 Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9581 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I spent a little, typically giving WG some $$ creds for patches where I thought they did things right.  

I figured my entertainment hours were well spent compared to a Six Flags or Disney money grab experience, hell, or even a movie.    

That said, did I spend thousands of $$ on this game?  not by a long shot.  Did I try to keep some type of cash flow going when they did things right?  yes, I did.  

Have I spent anything since I saw the first closed beta of 2.0?  Nope, I figured they could get their $$ off the newbies.  If 2.1 or something else adds some value that I like, I will probably throw some more $ away, but until then, my spending is nil.  

PhilKnox #23 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 50 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Like you, Arrowz, I probably spent easily over a grand and probably more.  I have all of the premium planes, and I buy premium time in yearly intervals. I slowed down my playing time earlier this year because they were adding less content.  I will not spend money on this mess.  I will play ships and tanks, but this is  not enjoyable at present.

PhilKnox #24 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 50 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I have to add that it looks like most in my clan are moving on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users