Flight Settings

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Sinton #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
This now sucks worse.  Why did you screw with the flight settings.  You people, you devs live in a GD closet.  Idiocy!

Vandrel #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
One of the most common complaints from the vast majority of players who tried it and never came back was that the flying didn't feel very good, that's why.

Sinton #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
Flying was fine.  This is a War Thunder wanna be now.  I'm not parroting others here, that is what I thought as soon as I got in my 1st training flight in 2.0.  I am a closed Beta Tester and have seen the execution of this games' growth continually disappoint.  After a few months of trial I dropped War Thunder...I don't need that much time to make my decision here.  I love the concept that WG has tried for, but I find the execution to regularly and continually disappoint.  Bring over the Concept Team from World of Warships...maybe they can save this game.

Vandrel #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
It obviously wasn't fine since, like I said, it was one of the top complaints of the people who tried the game and never came back, which far outnumbers the people who did stick around

Sinton #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

One of the most common complaints from the vast majority of players who tried it and never came back was that the flying didn't feel very good, that's why.

Speaking as a pilot and a flight sim fan since Jane's USNF 96 I say that flying was quite passable and easy to manipulate in settings.  The economy in WoWp was broken and game play overall stilted.  The numbers don't lie.  

I tried War Thunder for a month and thought that the flight mechanics were inferior to WoWp.  Not my cup of tea. When I signed on to WoWp this morning I was quite unhappy with this new direction.  What is the Dev. Team doing?  I like the ideas of Bombers and the added Mission play they bring but this is a Cancer of an update.  The addition of Arty in WoT or CV's in WoWs wasnt nearly this bad.  The outcry in the forums speaks for itself.

Res ipsa Loquitor.

Sinton #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
Funny how you write posts more then you play...I hear someone calling you in for dinner

Vandrel #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
Ok, you're simply not getting it. If most of the prospective players didn't like it before, it needed to change. The game wasn't sustaining itself before and, as I've said multiple times, one of the top complaints of players who didn't keep playing after trying it was the flight models.

DarkDaVinci #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View PostSinton, on 13 October 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Funny how you write posts more then you play...I hear someone calling you in for dinner

Good one. Q.E.D.

Sinton #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

Ok, you're simply not getting it. If most of the prospective players didn't like it before, it needed to change. The game wasn't sustaining itself before and, as I've said multiple times, one of the top complaints of players who didn't keep playing after trying it was the flight models.

OK you're not getting it.  This game is not dying because of poor flight mechanics (which are now much worse and even more cartoonish). You are quite adamant for one with so little flight time.  You are holding an opinion that I don't agree with.  Your cheer-leading for this abysmal  conceptual roll out is something that I could support if this was an improvement over 1,9    it is not.

I welcome Bombers but the wat this is conceptualized  is so bad, so poor it will not fly.  I am not an enemy here.  I have been a staunch supporter of WG with my time and my money.  I will not put one more cent in this game (WoWp).  I enjoy WoWs quite a bit and love the direction that team is growing that game.  I'll be there and now only watch this albatross from a distance.

Vandrel #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
The player numbers speak for themselves. Nothing about the old version was drawing in new players, whether you liked it or not. The few dozen players that did like the way it used to be wasn't enough to keep the game going, end of story. You've mentioned multiple times now how you've played more than me. Maybe you should wonder why I, like many others, played a little bit then never came back?  Until now, that is. Actually had some fun with the game last night. Probably the most fun I've had in it since alpha. Oh, that reminds me, you can't see the record of the couple thousand alpha and beta matches I played, now can you? My opinion has more depth than you realize.

Edited by Vandrel, 13 October 2017 - 08:14 PM.

Sinton #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

The player numbers speak for themselves. Nothing about the old version was drawing in new players, whether you liked it or not. The few dozen players that did like the way it used to be wasn't enough to keep the game going, end of story.

uh, I don't think so.  You don't get to decide the end of this story.  We do. The consumers and end- users.  We collectively will say 'end of story'.  I hope that this is not it.

Vandrel #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles

View PostSinton, on 13 October 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

uh, I don't think so.  You don't get to decide the end of this story.  We do. The consumers and end- users.  We collectively will say 'end of story'.  I hope that this is not it.

It was either this or the game shuts down, that's all there is to it. As I said, a few dozen players is not enough to sustain it so major changes were necessary, whether you like them or not.

Jaguardian #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

• 528 battles

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

It was either this or the game shuts down, that's all there is to it. As I said, a few dozen players is not enough to sustain it so major changes were necessary, whether you like them or not.

What you are saying is it was either choice A or B.  I disagree with that.

Sinton #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

In past posts over these past  years I have voiced my concern with the economy here and the engineering of tier and aircraft module progression.  My opinion is as valid as is yours.  I'm sorry you dont like it.  After a lengthy absence you want this play, which is in a disappointing 4th act, to continue.  As it is now in 2.0 I don't believe it will.I

I cant see your battles because they dont exist.  They would be on your counter.  My closed and open beta numbers are in my total.  As I recall, everyone's' numbers as Testers carried over, but I could be wrong, unless you have a new screen name. Welcome back...now finish your dinner or no desert :honoring:

Vandrel #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
You really didn't look very hard then. The stats page currently has two sections, one for 2.0 and one for pre-2.0. My pre-2.0 section shows 600 battle, as well as over 1,000 pre-register that stats are not recorded for, and then im pretty sure alpha battles are not shown at all.

MelBrooks #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles

Vandrel,

You forget one very important and irrefutable point. Warplanes, unlike the other two titles, never had developers that actually listen to the player base. WoWS and WOT developers do listen quite often and while not enacting all the player suggestions, they do respond and act on some of them. For years now, I have not seen a lot of positive feedback from the developers to the community. Warships and tanks have multiple game modes, no respawning. Many of the game modes in each of the titles can be brutal, fast, and your done. Yet their player base stays much, much higher in numbers than Warplanes. No, elitist players are not to blame for the past versions being a failure. All of us who have been gaming for some years now, know when see competent and responsiveness developers. This is something that Warplanes has always lacked and in my humble opinion, they will continue to struggle if a change is not made.

Sinton #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 13 October 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Vandrel,

You forget one very important and irrefutable point. Warplanes, unlike the other two titles, never had developers that actually listen to the player base. WoWS and WOT developers do listen quite often and while not enacting all the player suggestions, they do respond and act on some of them. For years now, I have not seen a lot of positive feedback from the developers to the community. Warships and tanks have multiple game modes, no respawning. Many of the game modes in each of the titles can be brutal, fast, and your done. Yet their player base stays much, much higher in numbers than Warplanes. No, elitist players are not to blame for the past versions being a failure. All of us who have been gaming for some years now, know when see competent and responsiveness developers. This is something that Warplanes has always lacked and in my humble opinion, they will continue to struggle if a change is not made.

I agree with Mel and I really have been trying to bite my tongue and state my case.  In my opinion, re spawning is a short term fix for a totally absent and/ or atrophied player base.  It's normal for a MMORPG, but this isn't the old War of Warcraft.  I'd like to know if Devs from WoT or WoWs have been consulted as they have done a GREAT job in keeping that fun, engaging and relevant...and I wasn't even a Navy guy (US Army).  I love war planes and I love the idea of simulated air combat but I think this direction is wrong and cumbersome ...that's all.

Kirov_Six #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostSinton, on 13 October 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Actually, WG can change the tune at any time.  If they want to shut 1.9 down, they can do so, no matter what you say or think.  They just did.

The embittered veterans that want 1.9 back can quit, adapt to the new 2.0, or whine.  Those are the choices. 

I doubt there's anything you can do that will cause 1.9 to ever be seen again.  WG doesn't really go backwards on anything of this magnitude; think IJN torpedo nerfs, for example.  Graf Zeppelin was all changed back in a day, yes, but it was just a ship, not the whole game.  WoWP 2.0 has been building for months.

If you hate 2.0, that's your prerogative.   If you want to try adapt to the new, have a go at it.  You'll know soon if you can stomach it or not.  If you just want to stay here and whine that you didn't get your way, well, then have a go at that, but don't expect anyone but your buddies to listen to you, and you know WG won't; i.e. why waste your time?  Or you really going to be butthurt little boys and just stick around to be nasty to people because you didn't get your way? 

1.9 is DEAD.  WG's not giving it back.  They've already committed to going forward, and remember, Russians don't think like US companies.  Whatever happens with 2.0, they'll shut it down before admitting they made a mistake by going this route.

Sinton #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 13 October 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Actually, WG can change the tune at any time.  If they want to shut 1.9 down, they can do so, no matter what you say or think.  They just did.

The embittered veterans that want 1.9 back can quit, adapt to the new 2.0, or whine.  Those are the choices. 

I doubt there's anything you can do that will cause 1.9 to ever be seen again.  WG doesn't really go backwards on anything of this magnitude; think IJN torpedo nerfs, for example.  Graf Zeppelin was all changed back in a day, yes, but it was just a ship, not the whole game.  WoWP 2.0 has been building for months.

If you hate 2.0, that's your prerogative.   If you want to try adapt to the new, have a go at it.  You'll know soon if you can stomach it or not.  If you just want to stay here and whine that you didn't get your way, well, then have a go at that, but don't expect anyone but your buddies to listen to you, and you know WG won't; i.e. why waste your time?  Or you really going to be butthurt little boys and just stick around to be nasty to people because you didn't get your way? 

1.9 is DEAD.  WG's not giving it back.  They've already committed to going forward, and remember, Russians don't think like US companies.  Whatever happens with 2.0, they'll shut it down before admitting they made a mistake by going this route.

I left regular play here a couple of years ago, but I usually came back to try updates and see which direction this game was going in...I haven't liked that direction and didnt return to regular play as a result of continued disappointment.  

My disagreement and suggestions are my right to state (this isnt the USSR/CCCP).  You don't like my point of view and that's cool, but as long as I have time and money and skin in this franchise I Will Speak Up! Unless some WG apparatchik (look it up) wants to ban me.  i hope not because I hope for better than this still-born turd.

lurpmaster #20 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• 38 battles
:popcorn: Just friggin shut it all down lol I am uninstalling this crap 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users