Reality check

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Vandrel #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles

The calls to bring back an old version are delusional. The game was dead. Having a few dozen consistent players doesn't even pay to keep the servers online, let alone keep development going. Wargaming essentially had a choice between killing the game or making some massive changes and they went with the massive changes first.

The fact of the matter is that the game probably would have ended up shut down for good a year from now. It still could, but it has a better chance at surviving now since the old version obviously wasn't interesting to enough people.

So essentially what it boils down to is that your version of the game was dead either way.

Jaguardian #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

• 528 battles
You are absolutely correct.  My only comment is, could no one think of way to attract the new players without alienating the current ones?

Vandrel #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
Honestly, considering the things the old players are complaining about, I don't think there was. Most people didn't like the way the game played, but the 2.0 complaints are mostly about the game playing different than before.

Kirov_Six #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostJaguardian, on 13 October 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

You are absolutely correct.  My only comment is, could no one think of way to attract the new players without alienating the current ones?

Unfortunately, I feel like they're alienating themselves.  They want what they had back, and it was a game that was going to be shut down anyway. That's simply not going to happen.  If 2.0 fails, they'll shut it all down, NOT bring 1.9 (or 1.3) back.   But they don't much care for reality.  I guess people don't like hearing that they were expendable.  Not much can be done until they decide to smell the coffee, instead of smoking whatever it is.

pyantoryng #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2449 battles
Aah...quite a few are just biased against respawning.

Edited by pyantoryng, 13 October 2017 - 06:54 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Spaz_Master #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 8 battles
It's a nice arcade game for noobs now. Way to go. I don't suppose I can get all my money back? Yeah... didn't think so. Well, good luck with your new fan base. I have a feeling you're going to need it. I'm going to go play Fallout 4 now.

BDNeon #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 773 battles
  • [TLSC] TLSC
Bingo, you hit the nail on the head. But logic doesn't seem to get through to this "community". Brace yourself for the incoming flamestorm.

Adalbertt #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• 156 battles
2.0 patch is like a chemotherapy. The changes are so drastic that it might kill the game even faster than it would die by itself.

Vandrel #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles

View PostAdalbertt, on 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

2.0 patch is like a chemotherapy. The changes are so drastic that it might kill the game even faster than it would die by itself.

Can't kill it faster when it's already dead.

Adalbertt #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 156 battles

View PostJaguardian, on 13 October 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Does not look like WG listens to the players. It looks like they are launching new game totally ignoring current player base.

BrushWolf #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostJoey_the_Lemur, on 13 October 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

It's a nice arcade game for noobs now. Way to go. I don't suppose I can get all my money back? Yeah... didn't think so. Well, good luck with your new fan base. I have a feeling you're going to need it. I'm going to go play Fallout 4 now.

Give me the option to comvert my gold and free experience over to WoWS since I rarely play WoT anymore.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Vandrel #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 360 battles

View PostAdalbertt, on 13 October 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Does not look like WG listens to the players. It looks like they are launching new game totally ignoring current player base.

Probably because the playerbase before 2.0 was less than 200 people, which is essentially non-existent for a game like this.

Adalbertt #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• 156 battles
Why the minimap/radar does not show the whole area as it used to be? Somehow WoWS and WoT still have the full map, so map was not the issue. Why did they changed it in a way that it is less functional? Why airplanes don't have flaps (E key) anymore? It was part of the game how flaps were affecting the flight model. Why attack airplanes don't have bomb mode (L-shift) anymore? Removing it did not improve game in any way. Why free camera has been disabled by default and needs to be mapped in the settings to RMB if someone want's to use it? Why aim indicator does not show adjusted aim point anymore, but bots still have the same killer / laser accuracy? Why players panels are hidden from the battle screen? Why airplanes don't feel like planes anymore? Wargaming could implement the new battle mode without all that unnecessary changes that only annoyed current player base, and made the game unpleasant to play. The new environment feels like a mess with all that interface changes. Simplified flight model only made the game less enjoyable.

Adalbertt #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 156 battles

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Probably because the playerbase before 2.0 was less than 200 people, which is essentially non-existent for a game like this.

At any given moment there were 250 - 900 players on NA server, but remember that active players don't play 24/7, so player base is many times larger. Also NA players tend to spend much more on the game than EU players and several times more than RU players. Also EU and RU player base is much bigger than NA, so development is not for just 200 players. WoWP is handled by servers that run other WG games, so it's barley any additional cost for WG. There are MMO games that have lower player base than total (wold wide) WoWP has and are somewhat profitable. Of course changes needed to be made to attract new players, but I don't thing that chemotherapy style changes are the best. I won't be surprised if some of the features from 1.9 will come back in a few weeks. WG has achieved a goal of impressing general public that it is a new game, so now they can improve all the flaws to make current players happy again while gaining some new ones as well.

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

The only way any of this will be fully resolved is to wait a few weeks, or even a month from now to see if NA's population will either bump up or decline either gradually (as it always has been) or nose dive. I hope that wotapi population stat site still works because it's the only place I know of tracking this. (<- It still works from the time I made this post: https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/total)

For my own 2 cents:

You really have had to go through 2-3 years of the thick mess that Persha & WG did to the loyal fanbase then and what is left of it now. These developers in Kiev did some absolute dumbfounding things and have shown consistent disregard for community feedback and suggestion. This region especially. And because of that WOWP has suffered some strange unwanted changes that NOBODY asked for. They only cared about their closest neighbours RU & EU. And from what I hear even EU had very little voice in the matter to change what WOWP could have been in 2013-2014 which were the timeframes that WOWP COULD have been saved but completely ruined with that travesty of 1.5.

The jadedness that is coming from the majority doesn't come from the drastic changes that is this new 2.0 mode. Although it is the major symptom of the influx of recent posts of quitting/rage/flames/boycotting etc. It is from the very company who developed WOWP that really doesn't take the time AT ALL to consider what WE the players want to make WOWP a better MMO - because that is what it was originally advertised. A WWII MMO. You know - playing with other online players competitively. Search that key phrase in google and guess what you get? The competitor. Not WOWP. Not even close. 2.0 Conquest doesn't remotely represent any player competitiveness. Majority of the makeup is AI. The outcome and drive for the mode is generated by the AI. The players can rack as many points as they like and kill as many AI as they want but it really doesn't make ALL that much of a difference to the outcome. There's no longer a differentiation of which planes' role outsmarts the other. It's whoever holds the most capture zone areas the most wins the battle. And the amount of medals awarded each game? It clearly represents this whole facade of "participation trophies". Where as in the old mode you had to EARN your kill, despite the challenges faced or the hardships of going up against a tougher opponent or 2 or 3 in a flight, or an OP BnZ plane etc etc. Atleast you had a CHALLENGE to make a difference in the outcome of the battle. In 2.0, all this is nonexistent. It's just a game of who gets the most points and medals. Kills don't matter because you just respawn again... and again... and again. Squall line is such a low handed lazy-az programming there's no point of having it in game. It's just there to notify you that you've just lost your option to respawn. There's no effect to the surroundings of the map, the sky, clouds, wind, nor your plane during this "squall line" event. It really is that amusing. Oh and there's no bomber tech trees. Just bomber premiums THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR. Of Course taking advantage of those bomber missions now would surely lessen the headache right?...

The only thing keeping my intrigued about this whole fiasco part deux, is what will they have in store for the next proposed modes on top of conquest. Will it have a more focus to pvp? Will they start to implement competitive events? Hello clan wars? How bout ranked battles? Or just ANYTHING that remotely represents PvP. 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 October 2017 - 09:24 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

GouIdy #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 October 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

I hope that wotapi population stat site still works because it's the only place I know of tracking this. (<- It still works from the time I made this post: https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/total)

Nope WG blocked access to population stats, it was last updated yesterday at 9:45 am est

Mind_Eraser #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

I would like to see 3 man flights return

You win. You can now have this game

ArrowZ_ #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Sigh... yea just checked the latest date.

Wow WG. Just... wow.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Sinton #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 October 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

The only way any of this will be fully resolved is to wait a few weeks, or even a month from now to see if NA's population will either bump up or decline either gradually (as it always has been) or nose dive. I hope that wotapi population stat site still works because it's the only place I know of tracking this. (<- It still works from the time I made this post: https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/total)

For my own 2 cents:

You really have had to go through 2-3 years of the thick mess that Persha & WG did to the loyal fanbase then and what is left of it now. These developers in Kiev did some absolute dumbfounding things and have shown consistent disregard for community feedback and suggestion. This region especially. And because of that WOWP has suffered some strange unwanted changes that NOBODY asked for. They only cared about their closest neighbours RU & EU. And from what I hear even EU had very little voice in the matter to change what WOWP could have been in 2013-2014 which were the timeframes that WOWP COULD have been saved but completely ruined with that travesty of 1.5.

The jadedness that is coming from the majority doesn't come from the drastic changes that is this new 2.0 mode. Although it is the major symptom of the influx of recent posts of quitting/rage/flames/boycotting etc. It is from the very company who developed WOWP that really doesn't take the time AT ALL to consider what WE the players want to make WOWP a better MMO - because that is what it was originally advertised. A WWII MMO. You know - playing with other online players competitively. Search that key phrase in google and guess what you get? The competitor. Not WOWP. Not even close. 2.0 Conquest doesn't remotely represent any player competitiveness. Majority of the makeup is AI. The outcome and drive for the mode is generated by the AI. The players can rack as many points as they like and kill as many AI as they want but it really doesn't make ALL that much of a difference to the outcome. There's no longer a differentiation of which planes' role outsmarts the other. It's whoever holds the most capture zone areas the most wins the battle. And the amount of medals awarded each game? It clearly represents this whole facade of "participation trophies". Where as in the old mode you had to EARN your kill, despite the challenges faced or the hardships of going up against a tougher opponent or 2 or 3 in a flight, or an OP BnZ plane etc etc. Atleast you had a CHALLENGE to make a difference in the outcome of the battle. In 2.0, all this is nonexistent. It's just a game of who gets the most points and medals. Kills don't matter because you just respawn again... and again... and again. Squall line is such a low handed lazy-az programming there's no point of having it in game. It's just there to notify you that you've just lost your option to respawn. There's no effect to the surroundings of the map, the sky, clouds, wind, nor your plane during this "squall line" event. It really is that amusing. Oh and there's no bomber tech trees. Just bomber premiums THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR. Of Course taking advantage of those bomber missions now would surely lessen the headache right?...

The only thing keeping my intrigued about this whole fiasco part deux, is what will they have in store for the next proposed modes on top of conquest. Will it have a more focus to pvp? Will they start to implement competitive events? Hello clan wars? How bout ranked battles? Or just ANYTHING that remotely represents PvP. 

There are shills deployed here to make anyone who doesn't like the Fiasco 2.0 look like non-relevant ludites (Look it up Vandel).  

There is intolerance shown for anyone dissenting with the usual Heavy Hand/ Deaf Ear of devs on this game.  I agree with another poster who said that we should be allowed to move our gold and credits to WoT or WoWs where player feedback and contentment seem to be more valued.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users