Jump to content


WoWS...err... WoWP is coming out to you.


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tpaktop2_1 #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 :teethhappy:  WG is bringing out the NA WoWS Community Contributor's to support WoWP because of the harsh update 2.0 WoWP player feedback. 

 

 

 

 



pyantoryng #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
  • 6,755
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Zoup and Notser huh...man they really bring out the big guns...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

learpilot #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 634
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013
LOL !!!!!
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Bubba_Zanetti #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • 1,475
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 

Ya, I just happened upon Zoup's review 30 minutes ago.  This seems to be the target demographic they're looking for to jump start this game.  Youtube comments are interesting too...  Depressing yet understandable.  Those of us who stuck with the learning curve and honed our skills not required, like the "batteries not required" on a consumer goods product.


 


BrushWolf #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • 5,880
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 13 October 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

 

Ya, I just happened upon Zoup's review 30 minutes ago.  This seems to be the target demographic they're looking for to jump start this game.  Youtube comments are interesting too...  Depressing yet understandable.  Those of us who stuck with the learning curve and honed our skills not required, like the "batteries not required" on a consumer goods product.

 

My feeling is this is more WoWP's version of Star Wars Galaxies New Game Experience where the new players they expected didn't materialize while at the same time the bleeding of experienced players accelerated than any kind of new beginning. Maybe I will be wrong but since I don't like War Thunder this will have little draw to me so any play by me will be limited and sporadic.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15 battles
  • 935
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

View PostBrushWolf, on 13 October 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

 

My feeling is this is more WoWP's version of Star Wars Galaxies New Game Experience where the new players they expected didn't materialize while at the same time the bleeding of experienced players accelerated than any kind of new beginning. Maybe I will be wrong but since I don't like War Thunder this will have little draw to me so any play by me will be limited and sporadic.

I can second that. At first I applied that to 1.5, but now it's like Combat Update then NGe. One two punch of death. A game with tons of flaws but a few gems of brilliance. Kinda sad as I like Zoup but frankly I can't see this game becoming popular as is.


The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.


ArrowZ_ #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
  • 2,503
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

Watched zoup's video too: It just confirms to me that not alot of people know of the troubles that people went through between 2013-now with WOWP, or know much about 1.X WOWP. So alot of them come in to watch 2.0 for the first time and get a good first impression without knowing much of the game's development history. In a business standpoint this is a good thing for WG/Persha. A fresh take for a title once heavily scrutinized in the media. I heavily dislike what they are doing NOW with the current playerbase. That to me says volume for their appreciation of what we have done to stick around and support their game for years. Ofcourse since only a small fraction if not that very many, read this entire forum section of the WG community circle or the grand interwebs. Posts like these will very well go unnoticed, archived, forgotten. All the rants,ragequits,complaints will all just be shoved to the corner as if nothing happened - which will all eventually die down and everyone will just move on in the next few months. Or the game will shut down due to the overwhelming negative reaction to 2.0.

 

Honestly this is the first time I have seen an MMO receive SO MUCH negativity for a complete revamp to a game's mechanic and gameplay. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why WG or Persha is not coming out of their closet and addressing the mass disgust towards 2.0 conquest. It surprises me even to this day this level of neglect and consistency of just not caring.


Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 October 2017 - 10:12 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 


BrushWolf #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • 5,880
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 October 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Honestly this is the first time I have seen an MMO receive SO MUCH negativity for a complete revamp to a game's mechanic and gameplay. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why WG or Persha is not coming out of their closet and addressing the mass disgust towards 2.0 conquest. It surprises me even to this day this level of neglect and consistency of just not caring.

 

The New Game Experience in Star Wars Galaxies was just as and possible even more reviled. That in many ways was even worse as they completely blindsided the population have all of the testers on NDA and there were no leaks. At least we were able to see this coming and even got a short chance to dip our toes in the air although they ignored all of the feedback.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
  • 2,503
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Never had the chance to play it. Probably didn't have a gaming comp at the time that was released. 2003 was it? Just from looking at the images it kinda looks like Star Wars Old Republic (the MMO). And that MMORPG also didn't do very well during initial launch.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 


Vradin #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 444 battles
  • 432
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013

View PostTpaktop2_1, on 13 October 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

 :teethhappy:  WG is bringing out the NA WoWS Community Contributor's to support WoWP because of the harsh update 2.0 WoWP player feedback.

 



Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #11 Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15 battles
  • 935
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 October 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Never had the chance to play it. Probably didn't have a gaming comp at the time that was released. 2003 was it? Just from looking at the images it kinda looks like Star Wars Old Republic (the MMO). And that MMORPG also didn't do very well during initial launch.

Star Wars Galaxies was a mess, but a beautiful one. Permadeath. A locked Jedi class. Beat takers which originally had huge armies. Player made cities. Item wear and tear. Oh so many good things. It wasn't SWTOR. SWTOR is not even close to SWG. 


The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.


Kiwiav8r #12 Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 119 battles
  • 728
  • [ACES_] ACES_
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostArrowZ_, on 14 October 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

... it kinda looks like Star Wars Old Republic (the MMO). And that MMORPG also didn't do very well during initial launch.

 

Actually SWTOR did extremely well during it's initial launch.  The problems started when the mass of players hit max level and there was nothing to do.  SWTOR reminds me of Tom Clancy's The Division, a game that promised so much yet was lacking in important areas.

"Credibility down, Kill Ratio up!" - Joe 'Hoser' Satrapa

Aces (pre v1.9):  Bulldog, A4N, Hawk III, F2A-1, I-16(e), Skua, Ar68, A6M1, P-36, XF4F-3, Bf-109B, Bf-110B, Bf-110 C6, Blenheim, Bf-109E, Bf-110E, P-40, P-40 M105, XFL-1, Spitfire I, M.20, Beaufighter, IL-2 (mod), XF4U-1, Mosquito, P-51A, Yak-7, Yak-1M, Bf-109F, La-5, Spitfire V, Me-410, F4U-1, Fw-190 A5, Yak-9, XP-50, P-39Q-15, Mustang Mk 1, P-38J, P-51D, Yak-9U, Bf-109G, La-7, Spitfire IX, A7M, Fw-190D, F7F, Yak-15, Me-262





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users