News - RU WoWP on-line player population counter is pulled

news

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

And I get pulled back in on this information. The world is small and even small when it comes to the WoWP universe. I have been contacted by a notable and respected RU Beta pilot from the RU WoWP community in regards to the player population counter on the RU WoWP server. It appears that the WGRU has pulled all WoWP player counters (WoWP player count) for the public.

Block Quote

ATTENTION! The theme was not created to discuss the actions of developers who took a decision and with the opinion of the gaming/forum community about the necessary access to this information.

All kind time of day!

Since the release of HP from the interface of the hangar was cleaned the counter online.
The representative game made commented it like this:

Block Quote

Grenoli # 196     Posted Yesterday, Oct 12, 2017 - 13:14
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

Block Quote

BEE_SWARM (Oct 11, 2017 - 17:57) wrote:
Q. Why did they remove the online display?

A. Since this is not necessary for the player information.

Block Quote

Block Quote

Orione (Oct 11, 2017 - 18:18) wrote:
Q. And why this indicator was not removed earlier?)

A. They deemed it necessary to remove it now. We will consider it necessary to return - we will return.

RU WoWP forums source link

Okay, let's say that this is so.

However, today was denied access to information through the API, and this in turn means that information about the online became available not only in the hangar, but also on third-party resources:

And infa on-line other projects WG is still opened for everyone.
So the question is - do you need information about online of our favorite games us players it of the game itself?

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/ru/total 

https://kttc.ru/wot/ru/info/servers-online/

RU WoWP source link

Now I am not mocking WG over their business decision for update 2.0, but rather giving a perspective on what is being reported on the RU WoWP community in their forums. I gave my feedback on update 2.0 and that's all that needs to be said. I thought I would let you guys know what the RU WoWP community is saying on this bit of information. We shall see how things go in the future for WG's air game product in regards to player population. Because you guys deserve to be informed.

And in regards to future reporting, if I am contacted by other WoWP communities personalities, I would let you guys know what they are saying about WoWP universe at that time. I will not be actively looking for "day to day" forum news information. 

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 13 October 2017 - 01:25 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Hocest #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 4083 battles
  • [CUZ] CUZ
Filing a lawsuit ....... it's an easy win ............ fraud is fraud

pyantoryng #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

"They deemed it necessary to remove it now."

The truth tears deep and fester quickly...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

View PostHocest, on 13 October 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Filing a lawsuit ....... it's an easy win ............ fraud is fraud

??? :amazed: How so? Its how they doing business now. There is no mandatory need of disclosure by law.  Oh. :facepalm: I see now, sarcasm.  You got me . :great:

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Jaguardian #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20071 battles
This has become an us (players) versus them (WG) environment instead of them working with us to improve the game.  Correction, thinking about it, it has always been us versus them.  It is clear they don't want us to know how big a flop this update is by seeing the lack of players in the game.

Zapperguy #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 13 October 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

And I get pulled back in on this information. The world is small and even small when it comes to the WoWP universe. I have been contacted by a notable and respected RU Beta pilot from the RU WoWP community in regards to the player population counter on the RU WoWP server. It appears that the WGRU has pulled all WoWP player counters (WoWP player count) for the public.

Now I am not mocking WG over their business decision for update 2.0, but rather giving a perspective on what is being reported on the RU WoWP community in their forums. I gave my feedback on update 2.0 and that's all that needs to be said. I thought I would let you guys know what the RU WoWP community is saying on this bit of information. We shall see how things go in the future for WG's air game product in regards to player population. Because you guys deserve to be informed.

And in regards to future reporting, if I am contacted by other WoWP communities personalities, I would let you guys know what they are saying about WoWP universe at that time. I will not be actively looking for "day to day" forum news information. 

This is pathetic. They've released a patch, which they knew would completely gut the game of players, and conveniently hidden the numbers to deny it.

Supporting this company by playing any of their titles is tacit endorsement of this behavior. Don't think it can't happen in tanks or ships as well.

Appalling behavior toward their "customers". Whatever happened to their "happy player" pledge?

:facepalm:

Hoping they pull the plug altogether on WoWP at this point.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

This is pathetic. They've released a patch, which they knew would completely gut the game of players, and conveniently hidden the numbers to deny it.

Supporting this company by playing any of their titles is tacit endorsement of this behavior. Don't think it can't happen in tanks or ships as well.

Appalling behavior toward their "customers". Whatever happened to their "happy player" pledge?

I didn't have any long queue times, and every battle had roughly the same amount of live opponents as version 1.9.x.  1.9 had about 1v1 for most battles, and sometimes 2v2 at tier 9.  I experienced the same in 2.0. I wouldn't call that completely gutting the players.  Without any advertisement, and being the first day after the patch, I wouldn't expect any spectacular grown either.

Perhaps you should refrain from spreading misinformation on a game that you haven't even played.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Zapperguy #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

I didn't have any long queue times, and every battle had roughly the same amount of live opponents as version 1.9.x.  1.9 had about 1v1 for most battles, and sometimes 2v2 at tier 9.  I experienced the same in 2.0. I wouldn't call that completely gutting the players.  Without any advertisement, and being the first day after the patch, I wouldn't expect any spectacular grown either.

Perhaps you should refrain from spreading misinformation on a game that you haven't even played.

Perhaps you shouldn't play hall monitor and worry so much about what I have to say.

Clickez4Fun #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1478 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Perhaps you shouldn't play hall monitor and worry so much about what I have to say.

:popcorn:

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

LOL... you either die a disgraced hall monitor, or live long enough to get disgracefully monitored.

Sorry sire, but you misinformation wont 'fly' here.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 13 October 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

Back on topic (apologies to the butt-hurt alarmists (not you FVE))

Server stats are still available... Source link: https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

If you go to the website you will see the peak from last Thursday is 388 vs yesterday 399...  Time will tell.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 13 October 2017 - 04:58 PM.

DInk_Spinkley #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

• 10994 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Mars, you complained yesterday that they pulled this from the game.

Do they pay you in dollars or rubles?

RIP World of Warplanes

GouIdy #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18632 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Back on topic (apologies to the butt-hurt alarmists (not you FVE))

Server stats are still available... Source link: https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

If you go to the website you will see the peak from last Thursday is 388 vs yesterday 399...  Time will tell.

Please check again, updates stopped working yesterday around 9:45 am est.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGouIdy, on 13 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Please check again, updates stopped working yesterday around 9:45 am est.

That is correct. 

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 13 October 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Mars, you complained yesterday that they pulled this from the game.

Do they pay you in dollars or rubles?

I said I didn't like that they pulled it.  I didn't whine WG was trying to hide a mass exodus of players.  They should put it back.

Well the graph may be wrong, so I don't know what exact online population was, however I played 10 battles during peak times, had no long queue times and had the same number of live player in battle as before 2.0 was released. and this was at tier 9.  So looking at that specifically population was not affected.

Time will tell.

Zapperguy #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Okay, I've got some spare time, I'll play...

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Update 2.0

During the testing phase, there were countless threads with negative feedback and promises from veterans to quit if this was released as the only game mode.

They took away the ability to see how many players are online via any method.

This one involves common sense. I can't give you that, Mars. Even the premium shop doesn't carry that.

Why customer feedback is important

Direct from Victor Kislyi himself:

"The major value a game company can never forget is its players. We’re religiously pushing the happiness of the player. This is what we do. We make players happy. That’s our goal. Of course, it takes time to make everyone happy, but that’s what we want to do."

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

LOL... you either die a disgraced hall monitor, or live long enough to get disgracefully monitored.

Sorry sire, but you misinformation wont 'fly' here.

So peasant, just where is this misinformation?

:popcorn:

MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

That is correct. 

I said I didn't like that they pulled it.  I didn't whine WG was trying to hide a mass exodus of players.  They should put it back.

Well the graph may be wrong, so I don't know what exact online population was, however I played 10 battles during peak times, had no long queue times and had the same number of live player in battle as before 2.0 was released. and this was at tier 9.  So looking at that specifically population was not affected.

Time will tell.

LOL... 

Zapperguy #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Really? 1v1 or 2v2 with multiple respawns available? Keep touting the upside fanboi.

I tried it in the first round of testing, hated it and told them so. Got snubbed for the 2nd round, if there really was one. Played one battle in the 3rd (last) test phase and that was enough for me to know that they changed the game enough to make it unplayable, unenjoyable, and unpleasant. I don't need to play this current mess to know it still sux.

Respawn in a flying game is lame.

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Really? 1v1 or 2v2 with multiple respawns available? Keep touting the upside fanboi.

I tried it in the first round of testing, hated it and told them so. Got snubbed for the 2nd round, if there really was one. Played one battle in the 3rd (last) test phase and that was enough for me to know that they changed the game enough to make it unplayable, unenjoyable, and unpleasant. I don't need to play this current mess to know it still sux.

Respawn in a flying game is lame.

So now you are going on about respawn??? is it hard for you to stay on topic?... you were ranting about them removing the counter because WG was trying to hid the fact that they were going to "completely gut the game of players" Yet you haven't played to see how many players are actually in battle.  I have, and from what I saw, population so far is the same as it was in 1.9.

stay on topic, nobody likes a raving lunatic.

Zapperguy #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 October 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

So now you are going on about respawn??? is it hard for you to stay on topic?... you were ranting about them removing the counter because WG was trying to hid the fact that they were going to "completely gut the game of players" Yet you haven't played to see how many players are actually in battle.  I have, and from what I saw, population so far is the same as it was in 1.9.

stay on topic, nobody likes a raving lunatic.

Speaking from personal experience?

MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Speaking from personal experience?

No... just easily identifiable. 

Also tagged with news

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users