PLEASE GO BACK TO 1.9 !!!!!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Plathor #41 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 558 battles

Being a beta tester from the start of WOWP, I can tell you 2.0 is a vast improvement over what had been implemented over the years. When WOWP first hit , it was fun and had immersion and you could play for hours and it would still be fun but some where along the line they did something to the flight controls and the game dynamics that made it not fun. I don't play this to be a flight simulator I play it to have fun shooting down planes and after the changes they made around 1.5 it made the game not fun. 

2.0 will hopefully bring the population back up to a decent level, but its you guys here whining and giving bad reviews of a game that has not really seen the light of day yet, you play one game and your an expert on 2.0?? I don't think so, but gaming is like life its always changing and to be honest and if you were honest with yourself you would say that 2.0 is a good change for WOWP and will likely bring more players back and new players in. Stop whining and learn to adapt. 

jack_wdw #42 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1428 battles
Don't be so salty man, never told i'm an expert on 2.0.
It just doesn't itch any more to fly that game.
Just asked the question why would someone prefer wowp over wt now?
No need to be so cocky.

Devilhunter50 #43 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 65 battles
I on the other hand believe the 2.0 could be the game of old if they add the old in to the new.  I take a wait and see option, But my way of ejecting this change by not playing or buying anything wowp offer.  With that said I play wows and wot  and wt when I want to have a little air combat. Hopefully they and a game mode from the old game.

mavfin87 #44 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View PostDevilhunter50, on 18 October 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

I on the other hand believe the 2.0 could be the game of old if they add the old in to the new.  I take a wait and see option, But my way of ejecting this change by not playing or buying anything wowp offer.  With that said I play wows and wot  and wt when I want to have a little air combat. Hopefully they and a game mode from the old game.

What if it ended up like WoWS is with sort-of-random game modes.  Sometimes you get Domination, sometimes you get Standard, and once in a while you get Epicenter, for example.  Maybe in six months it could start working that way.  Variety is interesting.

(And no, I don't know how the other two modes would actually be implemented in WoWP, so don't ask me!)

Edited by mavfin87, 18 October 2017 - 04:23 AM.

learpilot #45 Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

This game has lost all its good veteran pilots.

OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Innokenty #46 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2143 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Poststorm0545, on 13 October 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

My opinion does matter as to be frank this update isn't about the dedicated 200 of you that stuck around it is about trying to get any of us that were jaded from how bad the game was early on and never looked back and for new players to come back and give it a try since warthunder is the juggernaut making free money without wowp doing anything. A lot of us complained forever in the alpha/beta forums and were never listened to, some in here might not even remember the pitchfork mob that almost started just to get mouse controls and better controls in general for the game that didn't get shoved in until well after closed beta. As for 1.9 vs WT that debate will go nowhere as were both going to be biased against each other.

I really do hope that this update succeeds in bringing in new players and old alike as for the 1st time since coming out of beta i feel like there is actual hope for things to go well with or without anyone over reacting on the forums making mass i quit posts.

Did you ever think the reason you were "jaded" is because YOU NEVER PLAYED THE GAME ENOUGH TO EVEN GET A FEEL FOR IT? Or BECAUSE IT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE WORLD OF TANKS? Or THAT YOU JUST DON'T GET HOW TO BATTLE IN A THREE-AXIS (PLANE) ENVIRONMENT AND YOU JUST SUCKED AT 1.9?
dark.png

learpilot #47 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

• 5 battles
The game has lost its competitive feel of the man v. man experience.
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

ggh325 #48 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 28 battles

View Postlearpilot, on 13 October 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

2.0 is a mess You probably think you did a great job in changing a flying simulation into a confusing arcade game but you didn't.Listen to your long term pilots and CHANGE IT BACK.You could always give pilots the option of playing the old way or the new way.

WoWP was never a flying simulator and if you think so you've never played a real sim. 

mnbv_fockewulfe #49 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:12 AM

Captain

• 276 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postggh325, on 23 October 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

WoWP was never a flying simulator and if you think so you've never played a real sim.

I've played a real sim, and sure there were a lot of "simplified" elements that were total arcade for WOWP 1.9. But What you can't argue against was that the game DID feel like a simulator. Planes had mostly real to life characteristics and mostly represented their real life counterparts.

Now everything about the planes is completely made up for the sake of dumb players that don't even know what end the bullets come out of.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Zapperguy #50 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 22 October 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

I've played a real sim, and sure there were a lot of "simplified" elements that were total arcade for WOWP 1.9. But What you can't argue against was that the game DID feel like a simulator. Planes had mostly real to life characteristics and mostly represented their real life counterparts.

Now everything about the planes is completely made up for the sake of dumb players that don't even know what end the bullets come out of.

QFT +1

:great:

__ThisMachine__ #51 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:44 AM

Master Sergeant

• 15 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 13 October 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Why would a WT player possibly play WoWP 2.0?  One big thng to me, fxp vs frp.  You can't use frp in WT for modifications.  Have to use eagles or fly stock.  You can use fxp for modules on stock a/c in WoWP.  That's actually worth something to me.  Oh, and the veterans will look up my battles, and dismiss me.  There's a reason I only had that many...WoWP at 1.9 was a dead end, and not worth putting time into, imo.  2.0 has possibilities.  I mean, I actually saw *gasp* non-bots in game in lower tiers last night.  Will it still be that way a month from now?  Six months from now?  I don't know, and none of you do for sure, either.  Time will tell.

Anyway, those of you who wish to leave, good luck in your further endeavors.  Don't wait around for 1.9 to return.  Not happening, imo.  (And no, WG isn't paying me.)

You're absolutely correct, WG will not bring back the playable version of the game, they do not care at all about the players experience, only the net income they can generate from the games.

However you are absolutely wrong about what the game will be like in the near future. It will be dead completely as a competitive air combat game using any skill, tactics, or strategy. The only reason the game continued as a "failure" was the few hundred dedicated community members, all of whom are disgusted by this abomination. There is now absolutely no reason to play this game, which is a watered down version of their competitor. The other game offers basically the same arcade experience but with much more complete tech trees and more interesting maps, but also the option to have a more "sim-like" game as well. And no, you do not have to use "gold" for upgrades in the other game now either, its basically the same system as whatever you want to call this monstrosity. You can buy upgrades using in-game earned credits or "gold".

The best case scenario for WG now is an endless parade of morons who start playing, stick around long enough for WG to extract some cash from them, and then become bored and leave within a matter of months if not weeks. Its how they killed their "flagship" game, and the benign neglect they showed Warplanes as a "failed" game is the only reason it didn't reach this point sooner.

jack_wdw #52 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1428 battles

View Post__ThisMachine__, on 23 October 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

You're absolutely correct, WG will not bring back the playable version of the game, they do not care at all about the players experience, only the net income they can generate from the games.

However you are absolutely wrong about what the game will be like in the near future. It will be dead completely as a competitive air combat game using any skill, tactics, or strategy. The only reason the game continued as a "failure" was the few hundred dedicated community members, all of whom are disgusted by this abomination. There is now absolutely no reason to play this game, which is a watered down version of their competitor. The other game offers basically the same arcade experience but with much more complete tech trees and more interesting maps, but also the option to have a more "sim-like" game as well. And no, you do not have to use "gold" for upgrades in the other game now either, its basically the same system as whatever you want to call this monstrosity. You can buy upgrades using in-game earned credits or "gold".

The best case scenario for WG now is an endless parade of morons who start playing, stick around long enough for WG to extract some cash from them, and then become bored and leave within a matter of months if not weeks. Its how they killed their "flagship" game, and the benign neglect they showed Warplanes as a "failed" game is the only reason it didn't reach this point sooner.

^^^^^^^^

this

learpilot #53 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

• 5 battles

View Postggh325, on 22 October 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

I am a real pilot genius.

Pal_P #54 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1271 battles

View Postlearpilot, on 23 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

perfectly said.

which is why wargaming and destroyed all ratings and destroyed version 1.9.

jack_wdw #55 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1428 battles
So lets summarize:

people who liked 1.9:

- aircraft enthousiasts
- older people
- real pilots
- people who don't like the WarThunder style of playing

people who are supposed to like 2.0:
- more allround gamers?
- younger people
- people who get discouraged with a steeper learning curve

These two groups don't seem to have a lot of common ground.

WhineMaker #56 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlearpilot, on 21 October 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

Was this feeling lost before or after bots were added. There hasn't been enough players to be considered as PVP for a long time.

View Post__ThisMachine__, on 22 October 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

This is a great business model, to dump money/resources into a drain. Maybe you should try your hand at such a business. I don't see you lasting for long. :facepalm:

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

ramp4ge #57 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

View Postlearpilot, on 21 October 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

Do you mean literal "man v man" experience? As in 1v1? Because that's pretty much all the population supported.

StoptheViolins #58 Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2102 battles
Same salty people...  Anyways I do agree planes really don't feel different from one another if their stats are only 5% different. I really don't feel the difference until 15%-20% stat difference.  So yeah, give me a solid difference feel at 5%.

I am surprised not a single salty seal clubber has complained about the inability to one shot planes via a pilot kill.  That was a thing the last solid time I played pre 2.0. It also was a job made easier via joystick. Just take an enemy head on and aim a hair higher in your center mounted gun plane for an easy kill.

I am also surprised that no SSC has complained about no longer getting killed when they ram a friendly.  Now it takes about 15% if each other's health.  

No one has suggested setting all airbases to plane select but not allowing players to pick the planes that were destroyed in battle?  I am assuming SSC members would squeegee off a few alligator tears to offer suggestions to make what we have better going forward as it's obvious that we won't be going back.

Mackunaima #59 Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postlearpilot, on 23 October 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

This is most like..

"Kid, go there to that corner and sit down.. And stay there".. :trollface:

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #60 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• 797 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post__ThisMachine__, on 22 October 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

I keep checking my email for WG to ask me how to fix this fiasco... crickets... sad crickets

I could put a consulting group together for half of what they likely blew on this... sad crickets

The offer,

Two months. A guaranteed  successful direction (if implemented.)

!)    Director                                                          $160,000

1)   Four Directional Leaders             @60k         $240,000

Z)   12 Analyst                                   @20k         $240,000

B)   12 Focus Group Leaders             @5k           $60,000

#)    144 Focus group Participants     @$500       $72,000

Miscellaneous                                                       $227,000  

-------------------------------

$999,000

Sincerely,

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users