PLEASE GO BACK TO 1.9 !!!!!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

learpilot #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
2.0 is a mess You probably think you did a great job in changing a flying simulation into a confusing arcade game but you didn't.Listen to your long term pilots and CHANGE IT BACK.You could always give pilots the option of playing the old way or the new way.
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Lemiwinks24 #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 887 battles
  • [SOL] SOL
Learpilot pretty much summed it up.  The consensus in my clan is the same.  I've also spoken to members of 6 of the other top clans and they concur.  The rewards are assembling a bomber?  Tried the bomber in beta and thought it was boring.  If you think it's fun going back and forth over a target dropping bombs you might want to go see a shrink.  Some of the biggest losses of civilian life during the war were by "strategic bombing".  Hamburg and Tokyo were massacres, killing tens of thousands of innocent lives.  We want to joust one on one for supremacy in the air. I feel disconnected in 2.0.  We asked for new maps and other tweaks such as clan flights.  Instead we are forced into a completely different feeling game.  Not cool.

storm0545 #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

View Postlearpilot, on 13 October 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

2.0 is a mess You probably think you did a great job in changing a flying simulation into a confusing arcade game but you didn't.Listen to your long term pilots and CHANGE IT BACK.You could always give pilots the option of playing the old way or the new way.

as a returning player because of this update i just want to say a few things in defense of 2.0.

1. This game isn't nor has it ever been a flying simulation it's always been an arcade game with premium ammo and hp bars, however, its competitor offers a simulator battle mode with a more detailed damage model. 

2. With the respawns in battle its obviously a system taken from its competitor for the betterment of the game now i don't have to worry about waiting forever and a day for a new battle after dying with our low pop server as much anymore.

3. This one is aimed at lemiwinks, bombers are a fantastic addition to this game and yes there are plenty of people who enjoy the feeling of knowing that their b17 is about to carpet bomb the living crap out of an enemy airstrip, factory, etc. the sight of watching it unfold from your bombsight is actually pretty cool and its one of the reasons why ive enjoyed wowps competition in the flying market for so long.

mattl6209 #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 447 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Who is this member since 2012 with 24 battles and why would I listen to anything you have to say it stinks 1.9 was head and shoulders above .War Thunder got uninstalled from my computer in the first hour and this only took 1 game to get the same treatment I was hoping I would like it but I threw up in my mouth in the first minute it sucks.

learpilot #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

• 5 battles

View Poststorm0545, on 13 October 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

as a returning player because of this update i just want to say a few things in defense of 2.0.

1. This game isn't nor has it ever been a flying simulation it's always been an arcade game with premium ammo and hp bars, however, its competitor offers a simulator battle mode with a more detailed damage model.

2. With the respawns in battle its obviously a system taken from its competitor for the betterment of the game now i don't have to worry about waiting forever and a day for a new battle after dying with our low pop server as much anymore.

3. This one is aimed at lemiwinks, bombers are a fantastic addition to this game and yes there are plenty of people who enjoy the feeling of knowing that their b17 is about to carpet bomb the living crap out of an enemy airstrip, factory, etc. the sight of watching it unfold from your bombsight is actually pretty cool and its one of the reasons why ive enjoyed wowps competition in the flying market for so long.

Thanks for your imput Mr. 24 Battles
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

storm0545 #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

My opinion does matter as to be frank this update isn't about the dedicated 200 of you that stuck around it is about trying to get any of us that were jaded from how bad the game was early on and never looked back and for new players to come back and give it a try since warthunder is the juggernaut making free money without wowp doing anything. A lot of us complained forever in the alpha/beta forums and were never listened to, some in here might not even remember the pitchfork mob that almost started just to get mouse controls and better controls in general for the game that didn't get shoved in until well after closed beta. As for 1.9 vs WT that debate will go nowhere as were both going to be biased against each other.

I really do hope that this update succeeds in bringing in new players and old alike as for the 1st time since coming out of beta i feel like there is actual hope for things to go well with or without anyone over reacting on the forums making mass i quit posts.

Edited by storm0545, 13 October 2017 - 01:15 PM.

jack_wdw #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles

Bringing in new players? Maybe (but why would you chose wowp over WT now?)

Keeping the old players? i doubt it

I think this 2.0 will ruin what is left.
The ones who are positive about the new mode now, well i doubt it if they are here to stay.

And actually i still think of myself as a fairly new player.
One year ago, i was drawn back to WT en WOWP. Before that I had both games installed, but didn't play either of them.
So more or less one year ago, i started back with WT.
Stayed there for one week, came then to WOWP to never leave, until now.
WOWP had its USP compared to WT.
It was pure dogfighting with a bit arcade feeling, but still less arcade than the regular games.
You could quite fast get into a dogfight, and when you got killed, you could choose another plane in your hangar and try again.
Joystick and gamepad controls were also by far superior over WT (in WT you alwas have the edge when playing keyboard + mouse)

All those factors led to the fact that i preferred wowp way more than wt.
With the introduction of 2.0 WowP lost it's unique selling point in comparision to WT, instead it became a crappy would-be WT.
If I really would wanted to play WT, i go back to them.

Edited by jack_wdw, 13 October 2017 - 01:34 PM.

xxxStormbringerxxx #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 255 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I am sorry guys this new game calling itself WoWP is just so different to the way the old game worked that I don't have the first clue how to play it.

Even just the aiming doesn't work in the same way and when I try to go high for safety in my HG3 a little fighter brings me down. I cant even hit the fighter by diving on him either like I used to. 

When I fly my attack aircraft I am not even sure how to take over the bases because there is nothing anywhere to tell me how to play the game.

Sadly, and in general, software people never know how to write things down, not ever, or tell you where to look for information.

This is true from windows, to apps, to games, they assume we were all born with the necessary information, well not anymore for me.

I guess I am going to take a long rest from this and hope that you bring 1.9 back. thanks for reading, bye.

I do agree with the previous comments that they made a new version of War Thunder which I never liked and therefore they lost their unique selling point.

The only problem I had with the old version was why you made one human in a HG3 and a dumbbot, fight against a flight of two humans in HG3s or F7s

.That game was not even worth playing, it was an automatic loss, which is very stupid. 

One other point, the scenery, targets and the explosions were fun, but the game mechanics sucked very very bad so I am out for now.

Here is what you need to do to fix it for me: 

Take the final version of 1.9 and make it single players vs single players or flight vs flight battles only.

Add in the new scenery maps and explosions for effects.

Consider letting the pilot skills fade over not playing for a week.

Greatly Speed up the acquisition of pilot skills, like 3 weeks max and not like 10000 battles per plane!!! to get the last couple of skill points.

Edited by xxxStormbringerxxx, 13 October 2017 - 02:56 PM.

storm0545 #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

View Postjack_wdw, on 13 October 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Bringing in new players? Maybe (but why would you chose wowp over WT now?)

Keeping the old players? i doubt it

I think this 2.0 will ruin what is left.
The ones who are positive about the new mode now, well i doubt it if they are here to stay.

And actually i still think of myself as a fairly new player.
One year ago, i was drawn back to WT en WOWP. Before that I had both games installed, but didn't play either of them.
So more or less one year ago, i started back with WT.
Stayed there for one week, came then to WOWP to never leave, until now.
WOWP had its USP compared to WT.
It was pure dogfighting with a bit arcade feeling, but still less arcade than the regular games.
You could quite fast get into a dogfight, and when you got killed, you could choose another plane in your hangar and try again.
Joystick and gamepad controls were also by far superior over WT (in WT you alwas have the edge when playing keyboard + mouse)

All those factors led to the fact that i preferred wowp way more than wt.
With the introduction of 2.0 WowP lost it's unique selling point in comparision to WT, instead it became a crappy would-be WT.
If I really would wanted to play WT, i go back to them.

A few things come to mind in response to your question of why choose wowp over WT now.

1. Getting into a dogfight faster. ( if im looking for some instant action "sub-note: MM pending" i just hit battle pick one of the planes i have and within seconds of the match starting i might already see someone to shoot at.

2. i like being able to dogfight with an il-2 in wowp whereas trying that in WT will get me shot down pretty damn quick

I'll agree wowp has better gamepad/joystick controls hands down but that's also because you're not locked into cockpit view and dont have to account for trim, fuel mixture etc like you would if you decided to play sim battle in warthunder. (you wont use a joystick/gamepad in arcade/realistic battle in WT unless you're stuck on a ps4 as mouse/keyboard offers better control and aim but in sim you're not going to get much done with a mouse/keyboard in WT sim if you try it)

As for wowp becoming a crappy would-be WT until we have to start our engines and take off from runways to side climb for 5 minutes and then finally see someone 10 minutes into the battle ill say its a bad WT spinoff but for now it seems like its going to do its role of quick warplane action with base bombing etc well compared to the slower nature of warthunder.

also want to edit in a tidbit about wowps unique selling point bought up by you and another poster.

I still think that USP is there with wowp its always meant to have been a faster in your face flying combat game with believable controls and aircraft models/weaponry from the ww2 era. The problem is times change and a lot of people dont like 1 life, standard battles much in games anymore its not Wargaming/any other game devs fault its just players want to be able to stay in a fight for more then 1 life regardless of whether they threw their plane/tank/train/w.e away early on and catering to that demographic is what brings in money.

Edited by storm0545, 13 October 2017 - 01:50 PM.

jack_wdw #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
Well I don't play either anymore.

Weapon_of_Proliferation #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
Tried 2.0 for one game, realized wowp has lost all that I enjoyed about it, and logged out.

FelixDeKatt #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 1 battle

I want the older version back the 2.0 version sucks 

if I cant play the older style version 

I'm leaving the game altogether 

I don't like it infact I hate it the new version  that is 

Tuco_the_Ugly_ #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 291 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Please give us the 1.9 version back!

If I wanted to play WAR THUNDER, that's what i would be playing right now.

Give us back our arcade game.

I will not be playing nor spending my $ on this game until the the Standard Battle version returns.

~Tuco_the_Ugly

learpilot #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

• 5 battles

View PostTuco_the_Ugly_, on 13 October 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Please give us the 1.9 version back!

If I wanted to play WAR THUNDER, that's what i would be playing right now.

Give us back our arcade game.

I will not be playing nor spending my $ on this game until the the Standard Battle version returns.

~Tuco_the_Ugly

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xxxStormbringerxxx #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 255 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Funny I thought the old version was very precise but the new version was more like an arcade game. Anyway see my previous post. I know you guys can make the right decision.

Did I read somewhere that you changed it to be more like War Thunder because it was becoming more successful? Because I always thought thunder sucked, which probably explains why I liked 1.9 but don't like this.

Edited by xxxStormbringerxxx, 13 October 2017 - 02:53 PM.

jack_wdw #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles

View Poststorm0545, on 13 October 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

A few things come to mind in response to your question of why choose wowp over WT now.

1. Getting into a dogfight faster. ( if im looking for some instant action "sub-note: MM pending" i just hit battle pick one of the planes i have and within seconds of the match starting i might already see someone to shoot at.

2. i like being able to dogfight with an il-2 in wowp whereas trying that in WT will get me shot down pretty damn quick

I'll agree wowp has better gamepad/joystick controls hands down but that's also because you're not locked into cockpit view and dont have to account for trim, fuel mixture etc like you would if you decided to play sim battle in warthunder. (you wont use a joystick/gamepad in arcade/realistic battle in WT unless you're stuck on a ps4 as mouse/keyboard offers better control and aim but in sim you're not going to get much done with a mouse/keyboard in WT sim if you try it)

As for wowp becoming a crappy would-be WT until we have to start our engines and take off from runways to side climb for 5 minutes and then finally see someone 10 minutes into the battle ill say its a bad WT spinoff but for now it seems like its going to do its role of quick warplane action with base bombing etc well compared to the slower nature of warthunder.

also want to edit in a tidbit about wowps unique selling point bought up by you and another poster.

I still think that USP is there with wowp its always meant to have been a faster in your face flying combat game with believable controls and aircraft models/weaponry from the ww2 era. The problem is times change and a lot of people dont like 1 life, standard battles much in games anymore its not Wargaming/any other game devs fault its just players want to be able to stay in a fight for more then 1 life regardless of whether they threw their plane/tank/train/w.e away early on and catering to that demographic is what brings in money.

Good for you.
2.0 is not what i expect of a quick dogfight. The UI just sucks as do the flight models.
Everything is levelled out in a mediocre way. There is no need anymore to get different planes, they are all more or less the same.
The controls are a joke. For instance: If i turn the plane starts banking, and when i let go the stick, it keeps on banking. (also i can't look around anymore, can only use that axis to either throttle or free look)

You got the game you want, enjoy it

concerning the exodus of current players:
If they don't address the needs of the current active community (which i leave you out with that number of battles played), it will take a very long time to only get a percentage of those users back.

Edited by jack_wdw, 13 October 2017 - 03:01 PM.

xxxStormbringerxxx #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 255 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
I will definitely come back if they bring 1.9 back with those tweaks I mentioned. Just glad to take a rest from the game it was becoming a time consuming daily burden. cya

Edited by xxxStormbringerxxx, 13 October 2017 - 02:59 PM.

jack_wdw #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
That's true Stormbringer, you can't believe how much my wife is pleased with the 2.0 version.
Her opinion, don't change anything and make it even look more WT. Also put even more nonsens in the ui, use flight models of Star Wars and introduce weather balloons.

learpilot #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

• 5 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 13 October 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

That's true Stormbringer, you can't believe how much my wife is pleased with the 2.0 version.
Her opinion, don't change anything and make it even look more WT. Also put even more nonsens in the ui, use flight models of Star Wars and introduce weather balloons.

Weather Balloons    LOL   That's the only thing that could make this POS worse.

mavfin87 #20 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 58 battles

Most of the posters above want back what was already dead, and was replaced because of that.   1.9 is DEAD.  500 people logging on at night in NA.  That won't keep the lights on, and WG did something different rather than keep the status quo.  I'm pretty sure at this point they *expected* a bunch of people to leave.   Sure, it's a risk, but it's better than *knowing* they're losing money every night.  If it fails, they're no worse off than they were, and what's a few bucks to WG?  OTOH, if they actually get 4 digit populations at night, then it works out for them.

Why would a WT player possibly play WoWP 2.0?  One big thng to me, fxp vs frp.  You can't use frp in WT for modifications.  Have to use eagles or fly stock.  You can use fxp for modules on stock a/c in WoWP.  That's actually worth something to me.  Oh, and the veterans will look up my battles, and dismiss me.  There's a reason I only had that many...WoWP at 1.9 was a dead end, and not worth putting time into, imo.  2.0 has possibilities.  I mean, I actually saw *gasp* non-bots in game in lower tiers last night.  Will it still be that way a month from now?  Six months from now?  I don't know, and none of you do for sure, either.  Time will tell.

Anyway, those of you who wish to leave, good luck in your further endeavors.  Don't wait around for 1.9 to return.  Not happening, imo.  (And no, WG isn't paying me.)

Edited by mavfin87, 13 October 2017 - 03:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users