My conclusion to 2.0 (no joke)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

hvPALANTIRION #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [HV] HV

I've played for a while tonight - and I played a while in beta too. I've tried every class, several tiers, and it's just a numb distracting chaotic mess. It's fun for 10-20sec when shooting another plane (GJ on the gun sounds btw) but the game elements that have been added take away from what makes a flying game immersive: situational awareness, control, a sensible smooth flow of information, logical consequences, etc. After playing an hour and a half I'm about to say something I never thought I'd say...I'm going to play WOT to wash the taste of WOWP out of my mouth - And I don't even like WOT much anymore due to the toxic player base.

No, I'm not joking. 2.0 is that bad. I'll be on WOT as soon as I'm done writing this. A sad day.

mattl6209 #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Senior Airman

• 447 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I guess I can look at the bright side I will have a lot of space opening up on my hard drive

Lemiwinks24 #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

Senior Airman

• 887 battles
  • [SOL] SOL
:(

anamals53 #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 285 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Really ?????? WOWP  you just converted the game to a atari class bunch of crap. Have a brief moment of sanity and for the next update bring back 1.4 , you can even keep the bots . But as the game is now I loose enthusiasm the longer I play. Control is bugged , no throttle , flight is mushy at best , graphics not up to par , and AA takes away terrain use for fighters. Hint a combined trio of all games for a conquest option of play would have been brilliant . I will give it a chance for the remainder of 29 days of premium and if no sign of improvement , will have to pull the plug .:facepalm: 

roadrodent #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 123 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

Greetings fellow disappointed (and POed) game flyers.

Have managed to stomach my way through 41 fights in Mod 2.0.

Pros:

New gunsight is good and works well.  Can't comment on how it is in night condition because all the maps I've been on are daylights.    I can actually see it in all daylight lighting conditions; a decided improvement over the choices in the previous mod.  That the circle goes more and more read to show your guns heating up is not bad, either.

My IL's and Me. 265 are more agile, one heck of a plus when flying them.  My FW-57's maneuverability  appears to be the same as in previous mod.

Cons:

1) Muddy graphics in place of the sharper one in previous mod.  Problems getting any actual clear view/sight of any aircraft even in clear seeing conditions.

2) Vice narrator has GOT to go!

3) WoW is NOT, repeat NOT, World of Warships!  Trying to make it so is a SERIOUS error, one of MS windows proportion and getting to Washington D.C. fed government level on the screw up scale.

4) Ground target marks too hard to see unless you're darned near on top of them.

5) AA is too effective.  Yes, the other side has to deal with it as well but that doesn't detract from the fact that it's too powerful.

So-so to somewhat cold feeling towards:

Respawn is, to me, six of one and half-a-dozen of the other.  I figure they put it in so players could get more kills so as to, hopefully, feel better about things.  Nice but does NOT even start, if it does, to make up for the other problems present.

After my gut settles down some I'll try some of my other planes but have real doubts that that will improve my outlook on this mod.

New awards; they look pretty but don't do anything to balance out all the bad crud.

Richard F. Thatcher USAF, retired.

Edited by roadrodent, 13 October 2017 - 03:03 PM.

cajunbreeze #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Airman Basic

• 16 battles
  • [91847] 91847

I will not be back, this 2.0........., this is bad, if WG wanted to improve the game with bases and new content, make it where we can land and take off at the base and have to defend our bases,,,, when's the last time you've flown into an airport and seen the silly little flags over it ??????????... i would rather have it like it was in 2013 with those bases & maps than this gaff..:facepalm:

cajunbreeze #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 16 battles
  • [91847] 91847

:facepalm: I've only flown 2.0 one time can not & will not do that to me again! 

Edited by cajunbreeze, 13 October 2017 - 03:17 PM.

Njanear #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
I came back to win some bombers - but after playing it, the heck with them.  Going back to WoWS and WoT for now.
The game's largest rammer magnet - I always seem to attract enemy planes to my engine. :facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users