Anyone else thinks this new version sucks?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

JohnyBravo44 #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 95 battles

I wish this was only an additional "Battle" MODE and we could still play the old way if we wanted to.

Who else thinks that this new version is terrible?

Adalbertt #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
It's more than terrible. Minimap is useless, I have no idea where I am. Overall info on the screen is simplified to the point that there is no information about anything anymore. LShift does not switch to bob mode. Flaps don't work anymore. Where is the info about guns overheating? The game feels like some sort of a big mess where I don't know what I supposed to do and where I suppose to do something. It really feels like a mess. I relly liked the previous version of WoWP. I hate this one. It does not feel enjoyably. It lost the structure. I guess it's time to free some space on the hard drive.

JohnyBravo44 #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:39 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 95 battles
Maybe after they realize that they lost few remaining players, they will revert to the old version.

HOORNBLOWER #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:56 AM

Airman Basic

• 7 battles

THIS IS AWFULL!!!! I was shocked to find such a cheap Mickey Mouse version of WOWP in this update. If this doesn't change I will have to leave.... after almost three years playing this game. This is like playing some child's telephone video game... absolutely disgusting ! I thought WOWP was better than this... sad to ruin such a fine game and pastime .

I only hope someone actually reads this post.

Comrade__Zero #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 27 battles
This doesn't feel like world of warplanes at all anymore. It feels cheap and glitzy, and I hate it! I am so disappointed... I feel like a thief has come into my computer and stolen one of my favorite games. It feels far less like a simulation and much more like a cheap arcade game. If they keep this format I don't think I'll be playing anymore. Not only does the game feel vastly different they have added some HORRIBLE features. Re-spawning for instance. What the hell? This isn't an mmo after all, and I was horrified when I escaped some AA (which is far too distracting and intense) only to discover that my plane was healing itself! There is no rush in playing this game now, no danger. It all feels very fake.

Hocest #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Senior Airman

• 3 battles
Take it down, bring back 19 as is ............ and fire the staff.

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

View PostJohnyBravo44, on 12 October 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Maybe after they realize that they lost few remaining players, they will revert to the old version.

No. They will not revert old versions.

They will push 2.0  NO MATTER THE COST.

They announced 2.0 as 'for establishing base-plate of new game'  so they can't cancel it.

Also, They still believe those 'Silent majorities'  and  These dumb 'returners' will kiss persha's buttocks.

If Persha realizes that they lost few remaining players,  They will listen the player's opinions.   

Not us whom are leaved, or watching further patches,   

The guys whom Persha believed, and will love dumbed down 2.0

Then,  Persha will make game dumber and dumber.

--------

Maybe almost all of player in forum 'who started before 1.9'  thinks that 2.0 is BAD.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

VooDoo_2013 #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

Senior Airman

• 229 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostHocest, on 13 October 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

Take it down, bring back 19 as is ............ and fire the staff.

1.9 hell 1.4 when we had 1000 player at one time not in a 24 hour period 

hvPALANTIRION #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [HV] HV
I wanted to like this version, but it does suck. It no longer feels like flying, no longer rewards energy managment, and worst of all it is SO chaotic that I think it will repel new users. The only thing I likke is the loss of the lead indicator, which should/could have been an option before. I've been a HUGE supporter of this game since closed Beta, and this version will probably lose me - it just isn't fun.

Oberhessen #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [KRTS] KRTS
yes i do - uninstalled

Ping_Fa #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Airman Basic

• 709 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
As the vast majority of us now realise v2.0 is a monumental foul up. It demonstrates two things: that all our work, enjoyment, hard won experience and purchases count for nothing and the sheer arrogance of the development team in foisting this on us is outrageous.
However, what can be done? I suggest that an additional question is added to the feedback form. 'If you had the opportunity to roll back to the previous version would you take it?'
The answer would be an overwhelming 'YES'

mattl6209 #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 447 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Ping_Fa I totally agree

OmniWG #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 16 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Yep this 2.0 is crap, played two games, off to play something else, doubt that I will be back unless it changes

Cheers Omni

Lemiwinks24 #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 887 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Time for a boycott...

Zapperguy #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostLemiwinks24, on 13 October 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Time for a boycott...

I started mine a couple weeks before 2.0 dropped.

:honoring:

This avatar (profile pic) is being widely used on both the EU and RU forums. Here's a link to the anti-2.0 avatar if you'd like to join the cause: http://i.imgur.com/cRJlRnb.png

Edited by Zapperguy, 13 October 2017 - 12:42 PM.

FelixDeKatt #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 1 battle

I hate this new version

if I cant play the older version that's me done I wont be back 

the new version sucks 

roadrodent #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 123 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

Greetings fellow disappointed (and POed) game flyers.

Have managed to stomach my way through 41 fights in Mod 2.0.

Present assessment; Mod 2.0 doesn't just suck, it blows dead dog as well.

Pros:

New gunsight is good and works well.  Can't comment on how it is in night condition because all the maps I've been on are daylights.    I can actually see it in all daylight lighting conditions; a decided improvement over the choices in the previous mod.  That the circle goes more and more read to show your guns heating up is not bad, either.

My IL's and Me. 265 are more agile, one heck of a plus when flying them.  My FW-57's maneuverability  appears to be the same as in previous mod.

Cons:

1) Muddy graphics in place of the sharper one in previous mod.  Problems getting any actual clear view/sight of any aircraft even in clear seeing conditions.

2) Voice narrator has GOT to go!

3) WoW is NOT, repeat NOT, World of Warships!  Trying to make it so is a SERIOUS error, one of MS windows proportion and getting to Washington D.C. fed government level on the screw up scale.

4) Ground target marks too hard to see unless you're darned near on top of them.

5) AA is too effective.  Yes, the other side has to deal with it as well but that doesn't detract from the fact that it's too powerful.

So-so to somewhat cold feeling towards:

Respawn is, to me, six of one and half-a-dozen of the other.  I figure they put it in so players could get more kills so as to, hopefully, feel better about things.  Nice but does NOT even start, if it does, to make up for the other problems present.

After my gut settles down some I'll try some of my other planes but have real doubts that that will improve my outlook on this mod.

New awards; they look pretty but don't do anything to balance out all the bad crud.

Richard F. Thatcher USAF, retired.​

Edited by roadrodent, 13 October 2017 - 03:10 PM.

JohnyBravo44 #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 95 battles

Only one positive:

It works now better with a JOYSTICK:

https://www.youtube....ature=youtu.be 

msu_mark #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Senior Airman

• 261 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
I thought it was just me! In 1.9 the objective was simple -- shoot down enemy planes and blow up enemy targets. Every target was easy to see from the cockpit and on the radar. 2.0 is too chaotic and I still don't understand the objective! I flew 3 times yesterday and I won one. How? I don't know! When I read about 2.0 I thought they were bringing back the old Headquarters from the early versions. I thought that was great because it drives planes with bombs to one big target. It gives them a goal and it makes the fighters go after them. This 2.0 is just a mess!

Madman2459 #20 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 321 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I would like to give is new 2.0 a chance but it is Crap, gives me a head ach can't figure out how to win or lose can't hit planes most of my clan member agree will not play 2.0 three year of playing this game and having fun. NO MORE 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users