2.0 World of "Floating" Warplanes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

vonnoe #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• 14688 battles
I'm trying to get into 2.0, giving it a chance. The thing that bothers me the most is that the planes no longer feel like the are flying, they feel as if they float. And when you press boost, there's no visual acceleration, the plane just shakes and only the speed indicator number to tell you speed is increasing. This looks very unnatural, the plane actually appears to visually slow when boost is activated. All sense of acceleration is gone. The physics of the game now seem better suited to balloons, like your floating in a balloon, and running from one side of the gondola to the other, and shooting a Machine gun. There's allot of things that are good in 2.0, graphics, allot of sounds. But the flight physics is really poor, and this should have been glaringly obvious the WG. Flying games need to give the player a sense of flying, the sense of acceleration, but thats not happening. At least WG is making an attempt to rejuvenate WoWP, and I appreciate that. Please address the flight physics, this is the single most failing issue with 2.0 in my opinion.

cqiyuan #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 13436 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Too bad, but they don't care. :hiding:

Spartan_515 #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Senior Airman

• 13825 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
World of Warplanes 2.0: Warthunder II
Something Clever

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:33 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles

View Postvonnoe, on 12 October 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

I'm trying to get into 2.0, giving it a chance. The thing that bothers me the most is that the planes no longer feel like the are flying, they feel as if they float. And when you press boost, there's no visual acceleration, the plane just shakes and only the speed indicator number to tell you speed is increasing. This looks very unnatural, the plane actually appears to visually slow when boost is activated. All sense of acceleration is gone. The physics of the game now seem better suited to balloons, like your floating in a balloon, and running from one side of the gondola to the other, and shooting a Machine gun. There's allot of things that are good in 2.0, graphics, allot of sounds. But the flight physics is really poor, and this should have been glaringly obvious the WG. Flying games need to give the player a sense of flying, the sense of acceleration, but thats not happening. At least WG is making an attempt to rejuvenate WoWP, and I appreciate that. Please address the flight physics, this is the single most failing issue with 2.0 in my opinion.

Are you using a mouse or a joystick, or some other controller? I've read a lot of people saying the same thing but I have not experienced it. If anything my joystick feels a little more responsive, so it's got me wondering if it could be an issue limited to mouse controls.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4590 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posthawkeyededic, on 13 October 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

Are you using a mouse or a joystick, or some other controller? I've read a lot of people saying the same thing but I have not experienced it. If anything my joystick feels a little more responsive, so it's got me wondering if it could be an issue limited to mouse controls.

Have you seen videos of Star Wars Battlefront space combat? Its basically like that where the spaceship airplane moves of to the side of the screen during maneuvers.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

hawkeyededic #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 12 October 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Have you seen videos of Star Wars Battlefront space combat? Its basically like that where the spaceship airplane moves of to the side of the screen during maneuvers.

Don't see that with a joystick. tried mouse and I have to say this, OMG it sucks. Completely night and day different. Joystick controls are crisp and responsive, mouse is well, it moves around like a slug in molasses. Molasses on top of salt that is.

Edited by hawkeyededic, 13 October 2017 - 03:05 AM.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

vonnoe #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

Master Sergeant

• 14688 battles
Hi Hawk, I use razor mouse and keypad.

hawkeyededic #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles
If you have access to a joystick try it and see the difference. The difference between the two is so extreme I can't even begin to put it into words. I'm going to try and put together a video showing the difference tomorrow, just need to figure out Radeon's Replay feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users