Jump to content


World of Warplanes 2.0 feedback


  • Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

Poll: WoWP 2.0 Update (474 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about the conquest mode?

  1. I like it a lot (80 votes [17.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.02%

  2. Its on the right track, needs work (135 votes [28.72%])

    Percentage of vote: 28.72%

  3. Not good, not bad (24 votes [5.11%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.11%

  4. I don't like it (231 votes [49.15%])

    Percentage of vote: 49.15%

How do you feel about how re-spawns are implemented with the Squall line?

  1. Great! (166 votes [35.55%])

    Percentage of vote: 35.55%

  2. Squall line should never come (210 votes [44.97%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.97%

  3. Squall line comes too soon (91 votes [19.49%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.49%

How to you feel the bombers perform in battle?

  1. They have a good affect on the outcome of battle (61 votes [12.98%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.98%

  2. Not effective in battles (90 votes [19.15%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.15%

  3. Have not unlocked them yet (319 votes [67.87%])

    Percentage of vote: 67.87%

How do you like the Graphics update?

  1. Beautiful, very nice. (209 votes [44.47%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.47%

  2. Its just ok (138 votes [29.36%])

    Percentage of vote: 29.36%

  3. Worse than it was. (123 votes [26.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 26.17%

How are the new sounds?

  1. New sounds are awesome! (101 votes [21.49%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.49%

  2. They are better but still needs work (129 votes [27.45%])

    Percentage of vote: 27.45%

  3. Just ok (84 votes [17.87%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.87%

  4. Don't like them (156 votes [33.19%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

noupperlobeman #441 Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 430 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012
I’m enjoying it thoroughly. Love the new game mode.

Only complaint is performance wise. I feel the game doesn’t look good enough to perform as poorly as it does. Could just be my system, though

barfinup #442 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 109 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012
Overall enjoying it so far, but I haven't played any previous version to compare it to
 
My main issues so far is bots get away with too much ramming (since they don't care with their extra health) and that heavy bots have too much health compared to us (it feels like fighters have 3-4x more health, but heavies have about 20x more health.. just makes taking them out a tedious chore rather than a challenge)
 
I don't really have any impressions on PvP since I feel most of the matches only have 1 or 2 people in them, and we probably never see each other during the game
 
The other thing is the really weird tech trees - some of them you grind away for 10 matches to unlock the next tier and the plane gets worse, others the plane becomes godlike compared to the previous tier. (4x guns to 8x guns on some, 4x guns to 2x guns on others)
 
My biggest issue though is that mixed gun type planes don't work.
I don't know if I'm missing something, but I can't see how you can create firing groups on your weapons; which means you can't keep firing your machine guns while allowing your autocannon to cool down.
So you either keep firing even though the autocannons are gimped after a couple of seconds, or you stutter fire to keep the autocannon cool and reduce the effectiveness of your machineguns.
We need to be able to fire them both while both can fire, then keep firing the weapon that has sustain while allowing the other to cool off, otherwise the mixed gun planes just suck as DPS output vs any plane that has a single type.
 
If we can't make our own weapon firing groups, I'd even settle for auto-cooling on the autocannon (once it overheats, it will not fire again until it has fully cooled, then it cuts back in and keeps firing with the machineguns)


Zergling #443 Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 710 battles
  • 155
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postbarfinup, on 28 October 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

My biggest issue though is that mixed gun type planes don't work.
I don't know if I'm missing something, but I can't see how you can create firing groups on your weapons; which means you can't keep firing your machine guns while allowing your autocannon to cool down.
So you either keep firing even though the autocannons are gimped after a couple of seconds, or you stutter fire to keep the autocannon cool and reduce the effectiveness of your machineguns.
We need to be able to fire them both while both can fire, then keep firing the weapon that has sustain while allowing the other to cool off, otherwise the mixed gun planes just suck as DPS output vs any plane that has a single type.
 
If we can't make our own weapon firing groups, I'd even settle for auto-cooling on the autocannon (once it overheats, it will not fire again until it has fully cooled, then it cuts back in and keeps firing with the machineguns)

 

There are commands for 3 different weapon groups in controls; in mixed cannon/MG planes, group 2 or 3 will usually be the machineguns only.

 



Wombatmetal #444 Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 989 battles
  • 919
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

I have been playing this game since the new launch, and here is what I think

 

- Bombers are horribly balanced. They need to be taken out of the game and reworked. The game is about controlling areas, and bombers are the best at doing this. I just ran into a flight of a skilled F2A1  pilot and a skilled bomber pilot. This is an auto loss. I could not shoot down the bomber because his flight mate pilot has a lot of skill points. His buffalo was faster, climbed faster, and out turned my F4F. And all he did was protect the tail of his partner. Game over, no chance to win

 

Beyond that, in many games this past week I have noticed that when the skill levels of the bomber pilots on the two teams had a disparity, the better bomber pilot carried the team. Like carriers in WOWS, a skilled pilot makes it so no matter what the rest of the team does he wins. Terrible balancing of the class. I have had 6 battles today where the enemy controlled all points, and in each case there was a good bomber on the other side. The class should not be in the game like this.

 

- Daily missions. Complete joke. At Tier 4 most are not doable.  WOWS missions were just as bad and the replaced them with loot boxes and I think that would be better here. 2000 XP get the first daily box. 5000 get the second daily box. 20,000 get the final daily box. Or whatever the numbers. I think this would be more equitable. 

 

- Flights. Tier 5 and above, expand them to 3 people

 

-Some maps need rework, like the Egypt map. One side has a distinct advantage based on spawn

 

-MM is a killer. Went 12 games in a row bottom tier. Wears on you

 

-Crew Training. Clearly the money sink of the game. Horribly handled. 400 gold for a new 100% crew? Outrageous. 400 gold to transfer? Ditto. Premium aircraft can't train proficiency? Well, that devalues a premium plane to me. Expect me to drop $20 on a plane and I can't train proficiency? Yeah, not going to buy another plane, I have all I need right now. let me transfer a pilot and then work off the proficiency penalty, and now we're talking. As the system stands now with all the expense, I have no plans to go to tier 10. Crew costs just too much to transfer every time I get a new plane



Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #445 Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:19 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15 battles
  • 951
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012
Almost one month since the last post. I'm actually curious- any opinions change? The votes don't look promising but I will admit they are bettter than they were at the start.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.


ramp4ge #446 Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

My opinion is still the same. I think the biggest thing the game needs is more players. Especially at higher tiers. It needs some tweaks and adjustments obviously, but overall the thing that's going to kill it is the same thing that killed 1.9 - lack of players.

 

Also map diversity, especially at higher tiers, is really, really bad. I've had the Alpine map about 12 times in a row and to be perfectly honest, I'd love a change of scenery.


Edited by ramp4ge, 26 November 2017 - 06:56 AM.


K1OXD #447 Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1037 battles
  • 100
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013
I gave it a try and tried to keep an open mind. I'm just not getting the feedback of cause and effect to make meaningful assessments of my situations, for example, no target window. I like to know what I'm targeting, is the nme still pursing, etc. So, I will check back every now and then to see when changes have been made and try again. Maybe.

HoIo #448 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1336 battles
  • 43
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    12-31-2011

I'm a bit surprised at the poll results, but that could just be because I'm acing games left and right. I think conquest mode should've been introduced side by side with the original game mode. This would've quelled a lot of anger about the game I feel. Graphic optimization is definitely a must need, since running super high, but then dipping to 40 frames for no reason and then still get the same frames at any graphics level is just.... I don't know. Overall, I think there's not enough players with actual bombers to be able to judge how bombers feel in this game. Most of the complaints I feel I see or run into are about low tier gameplay. We really need to be able to meet a medium with high tiers as well:

"Can we simply take out bombers in low tiers for now?"

"Are high tiers going to get affected by the changes that people from low tiers are suggesting?"

"Will we continue to throw things out of whack like we did with 2.0 or are we going to trim down for the remainder of the 2.X cluster?"

 

As far as Squall line comes, I absolutely 100% support the mechanic. It's something brand new to any of these WG games, and feels like it complements the whole idea of respawns; very unique and it feels appropriate. I think it should come a bit later, since it does feel like a late-game mechanic, rather than mid-game. I love it because the conquest points can be completely overturned if the team's pilots are better in terms of flying skills. If Squall Lines continue to remain unpopular, then maybe there can be a middle ground met where it's kinda like squalls in WoWS, where it only comes randomly. 


-Gets 8th in average experience per game-

"Hey guys, I'm in the top 10 :trollface:"

"What about your win rate"

"Oh we don't need to talk about that do we...? Right?"


BlackDawgie #449 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 406 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    09-14-2016

View PostGouIdy, on 12 October 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Couple questions that should be added.

 

- Do you plan to continue playing WOWP 2.0?

 

- Do you plan on purchasing any premium time or premium aircraft etc?

 

NO and OH HECK NO...

trikke #450 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,833
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHoIo, on 27 November 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

As far as Squall line comes, I absolutely 100% support the mechanic. It's something brand new to any of these WG games, and feels like it complements the whole idea of respawns; very unique and it feels appropriate. I think it should come a bit later, since it does feel like a late-game mechanic, rather than mid-game. I love it because the conquest points can be completely overturned if the team's pilots are better in terms of flying skills. 

 

me, three


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Moonrider #451 Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 697 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBlackDawgie, on 27 November 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

 

NO and OH HECK NO...

 

Then why are you still crapposting in the forums? Go away already.

Edited by Moonrider, 28 November 2017 - 06:06 PM.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

HairyAmbush #452 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 2043 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    08-11-2015

You should let us idiots know that my team is all bots.   [edited]at them is not the same.

 

At least allow us to semi control them.  I can't believe there are only 10 or so players playing at a time.   Might need to do some ads.



Desmios #453 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 921 battles
  • 225
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
2.0 is the reason I play -- and play everyday

PapaRomeo93 #454 Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 235 battles
  • 2
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015

Let me start by saying that I’ve just begun playing WP.  I’ve been playing tanks for a couple three years and made the jump over the holidays.  I’m learning with every battle, and am just starting to do the research I need to now that I have a smattering of games under my belt.

Visually, I’m digging it.  Game mechanics – can’t compare new to old, but so far planes by type seem to do what I remember reading about in the past when aircraft minutiae filled my melon.  To give an example of my learning curve, I’ve only learned in this string that there are firing groups (first thing to research tonight) for different mixes of gun types – one of my biggest frustrations is overheating guns that I wouldn’t have fired yet/on that target type/at that range.  Knowledge is power.

In regards to conquest – I’ve no other comparisons (last air battles I did were in the Battle of Britain Game from the 90s) between old WoWPs and now – but by and large I’m enjoying myself.  I can see where Conquest as the only option will get old, however.

I will say that I approach this game with a seriousness that I didn’t have when I started playing with WoT (first 12K games were played on an aging laptop, largely while on the road for work with caveman era internet access). I seriously try and do my best effort in every game, and am really trying to play where it seems I can make the most difference.  No YOLO action, in my case, because there are so few humans on each team that I would hope that what I’m doing is actually going to help turn the tide (any of you guys that play WoT on a 14-0 result will know what I’m talking about.

Lastly – the other thing I’m really enjoying is the shortage of ***wipes in chat.  I’ve seen so little raging and “Uninstall” tripe by comparison – and I gotta say, it’s refreshing.  I’m looking forward to getting better and am hoping to platoon up… errr… “Flight up” with folks more often, as I like the wingman aspects to this game so far.  Anytime I can, I’m trying to fly cover for the other humans on the team (whether you can tell or not J).

 

 

In closing – I’m actually going to go out and drag some friends from my clan over here to clutter up the skies in the weeks to come.

Oh - and last thing... I wish I could jam up some planes with custom roundels/markings, but can only imagine the circus that would create o.O

 


Edited by PapaRomeo93, 17 January 2018 - 12:07 AM.


mnbv_fockewulfe #455 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 3,038
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
You can add your own markings by editing the dds files. Only you will see them if you mod them.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


vcharng #456 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2520 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 29 October 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

I have been playing this game since the new launch, and here is what I think

 

- Bombers are horribly balanced. They need to be taken out of the game and reworked. The game is about controlling areas, and bombers are the best at doing this. I just ran into a flight of a skilled F2A1  pilot and a skilled bomber pilot. This is an auto loss. I could not shoot down the bomber because his flight mate pilot has a lot of skill points. His buffalo was faster, climbed faster, and out turned my F4F. And all he did was protect the tail of his partner. Game over, no chance to win

 

Beyond that, in many games this past week I have noticed that when the skill levels of the bomber pilots on the two teams had a disparity, the better bomber pilot carried the team. Like carriers in WOWS, a skilled pilot makes it so no matter what the rest of the team does he wins. Terrible balancing of the class. I have had 6 battles today where the enemy controlled all points, and in each case there was a good bomber on the other side. The class should not be in the game like this.

I consider myself as a decent bomber (never had a game in which I'm not the best performing ground hitter), but I don't feel the influence you feel, either in November or now.

Bombers can only attack, and they can only capture certain kinds of cap points (bomber influence: Plant > CC and Military base > Garrison > airbase > Forward airfield), and I do remember there's a map with 4 garrisons and one airbase/airfield, how am I supposed to turn the tide here? And that map with 2 airstrips and a plant, with 2 bombers and 3 GAs each side, which means 10 ground hitters has to compete over a single plant.

In my recent experiences bombers can't cap faster than the enemy when you lose aerial superiority, it still very much requires some decent defenders on its team. And given its long relocating and reloading time (esp. German bombers which didn't exist at the time of your post) I would say it is too dependent on its teammates, which equals to "weak" in the current meta as we have few human players.



trikke #457 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:48 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,833
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPapaRomeo93, on 16 January 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Let me start by saying that I’ve just begun playing WP.  I’ve been playing tanks for a couple three years and made the jump over the holidays.  I’m learning with every battle, and am just starting to do the research I need to now that I have a smattering of games under my belt.

Visually, I’m digging it.  Game mechanics – can’t compare new to old, but so far planes by type seem to do what I remember reading about in the past when aircraft minutiae filled my melon.  To give an example of my learning curve, I’ve only learned in this string that there are firing groups (first thing to research tonight) for different mixes of gun types – one of my biggest frustrations is overheating guns that I wouldn’t have fired yet/on that target type/at that range.  Knowledge is power.

In regards to conquest – I’ve no other comparisons (last air battles I did were in the Battle of Britain Game from the 90s) between old WoWPs and now – but by and large I’m enjoying myself.  I can see where Conquest as the only option will get old, however.

I will say that I approach this game with a seriousness that I didn’t have when I started playing with WoT (first 12K games were played on an aging laptop, largely while on the road for work with caveman era internet access). I seriously try and do my best effort in every game, and am really trying to play where it seems I can make the most difference.  No YOLO action, in my case, because there are so few humans on each team that I would hope that what I’m doing is actually going to help turn the tide (any of you guys that play WoT on a 14-0 result will know what I’m talking about.

Lastly – the other thing I’m really enjoying is the shortage of ***wipes in chat.  I’ve seen so little raging and “Uninstall” tripe by comparison – and I gotta say, it’s refreshing.  I’m looking forward to getting better and am hoping to platoon up… errr… “Flight up” with folks more often, as I like the wingman aspects to this game so far.  Anytime I can, I’m trying to fly cover for the other humans on the team (whether you can tell or not J).

 

 

In closing – I’m actually going to go out and drag some friends from my clan over here to clutter up the skies in the weeks to come.

Oh - and last thing... I wish I could jam up some planes with custom roundels/markings, but can only imagine the circus that would create o.O

 

 

welcome, and we're glad that you're enjoying 2.0!      me, too!

 

give me a whistle if you see me online and we'll flight up with headsets, and you can ask me all of your questions about the objective capturing process

 

i will truthfully tell you about the secrets that i've been told, and i'll lie about the answers to the rest of your questions

 

really, you won't be able to tell the difference, because it's all so unreasonably complex

 

good luck, have fun!


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CHiPS1951 #458 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:29 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 138 battles
  • 97
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    12-28-2014
This version is the worst version I have ever played.  It caused me to loose interest in even playing.  You ruined the situational awareness and pilot views.  The gun sights don't work the same and you can't even identify other players without having to hit the TAB key.  If I wanted to play arcade mode I would have downloaded Warthunder.  Our whole clan hates this new version. 

"You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think!"

CHiPs1951

 


HoIo #459 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:44 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1336 battles
  • 43
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    12-31-2011

View PostCHiPS1951, on 17 January 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

This version is the worst version I have ever played.  It caused me to loose interest in even playing.  You ruined the situational awareness and pilot views.  The gun sights don't work the same and you can't even identify other players without having to hit the TAB key.  If I wanted to play arcade mode I would have downloaded Warthunder.  Our whole clan hates this new version. 

 

"ruined situational awareness" 

 

Well, I wasn't aware not everyone could simply hold right click and look around. 

 

"gun sights don't work the same"

 

Well yeah, now you gotta lead yourself...

 

"can't even identify other players without pressing TAB"

 

Well, just press X... Shouldn't matter if they're players... Unless you're gonna intentionally target them? Tsk, tsk :kamikaze:


-Gets 8th in average experience per game-

"Hey guys, I'm in the top 10 :trollface:"

"What about your win rate"

"Oh we don't need to talk about that do we...? Right?"


mnbv_fockewulfe #460 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 3,038
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostHoIo, on 18 January 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

 

"ruined situational awareness"

 

Well, I wasn't aware not everyone could simply hold right click and look around.

 

"gun sights don't work the same"

 

Well yeah, now you gotta lead yourself...

 

"can't even identify other players without pressing TAB"

 

Well, just press X... Shouldn't matter if they're players... Unless you're gonna intentionally target them? Tsk, tsk :kamikaze:

 

You're ignoring a few core issues with the UI.

The field of view of the camera was reduced as well as the maximum distance away from the plane.

The target aspect window was removed.

The minimap was removed and replaced by a radar than when fully zoomed out only shows 1/3 of the map (you also have to manually zoom in to see who is within high threat distance).

Blue/white freaking ally/neutral colors on a blue/white freaking sky (nuff said).

The ability to change marker opacity was removed (before, high transparency markers meant far distance=low threat, now all markers have the same full opaqueness regardless of distance=high threat info overload).

Gun sights have a distinct "lock into aiming mode" that disrupts the flow of changing focus from flying to aiming (there should be no difference, you have to fly the plane in the direction you want to shoot).

Most useful info is shown in alt mode, expect the useful info in normal mode is hidden in alt mode (this is why I don't have press alt once).

The player bars (a la WoT) were removed from the sides of the screen so it's now harder to prioritize  or gauge how the battle is going in so far as how many players are alive at any given point.


 


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users