World of Warplanes 2.0 feedback

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

Poll: WoWP 2.0 Update (462 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about the conquest mode?

1. I like it a lot (77 votes [16.81%])

Percentage of vote: 16.81%

2. Its on the right track, needs work (129 votes [28.17%])

Percentage of vote: 28.17%

3. Not good, not bad (24 votes [5.24%])

Percentage of vote: 5.24%

4. I don't like it (228 votes [49.78%])

Percentage of vote: 49.78%

How do you feel about how re-spawns are implemented with the Squall line?

1. Great! (159 votes [34.95%])

Percentage of vote: 34.95%

2. Squall line should never come (206 votes [45.27%])

Percentage of vote: 45.27%

3. Squall line comes too soon (90 votes [19.78%])

Percentage of vote: 19.78%

How to you feel the bombers perform in battle?

1. They have a good affect on the outcome of battle (55 votes [12.01%])

Percentage of vote: 12.01%

2. Not effective in battles (89 votes [19.43%])

Percentage of vote: 19.43%

3. Have not unlocked them yet (314 votes [68.56%])

Percentage of vote: 68.56%

How do you like the Graphics update?

1. Beautiful, very nice. (202 votes [44.10%])

Percentage of vote: 44.10%

2. Its just ok (134 votes [29.26%])

Percentage of vote: 29.26%

3. Worse than it was. (122 votes [26.64%])

Percentage of vote: 26.64%

How are the new sounds?

1. New sounds are awesome! (94 votes [20.52%])

Percentage of vote: 20.52%

2. They are better but still needs work (128 votes [27.95%])

Percentage of vote: 27.95%

3. Just ok (82 votes [17.90%])

Percentage of vote: 17.90%

4. Don't like them (154 votes [33.62%])

Percentage of vote: 33.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

WhimsicalPacifist #321 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 35 battles
  • [SON] SON

Something I feel has been lost:  why is so much emphasis put on horizontal turning in the GUI with fighters?  Seriously?  Energy fighting vs TnB?  What's the difference then between an Me 109 and an A6M and how is a newb going to learn that?  Is there a discernible difference?  It certainly doesn't feel that way with how the planes handle.

Gunpods.  What the hell happened to gun pods on fighters?  They've disappeared on aircraft that historically had them and used to have them in the game.  Yes Timmy, you used to be able to put pods on your 109G with an appropriate hit to flight performance.

Yes graphics and game mode feel fine and dandy, but you've lost part of what made each aircraft true to history and unique.  The choices in the poll do not adequately reflect that.

Edited by WhimsicalPacifist, 17 October 2017 - 12:54 AM.

BrushWolf #322 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 61 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostWhimsicalPacifist, on 16 October 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Something I feel has been lost:  why is so much emphasis put on horizontal turning in the GUI with fighters?  Seriously?  Energy fighting vs TnB?  What's the difference then between an Me 109 and an A6M and how is a newb going to learn that?  Is there a discernible difference?  It certainly doesn't feel that way with how the planes handle.

Gunpods.  What the hell happened to gun pods on fighters?  They've disappeared on aircraft that historically had them and used to have them in the game.  Yes Timmy, you used to be able to put pods on your 109G with an appropriate hit to flight performance.

Yes graphics and game mode feel fine and dandy, but you've lost part of what made each aircraft true to history and unique.  The choices in the poll do not adequately reflect that.

A couple of things cause this. First is to engage you end up staying low because that is where the targets are besides the bombers but few planes can get high enough to attack them anyway. Second is with the terrible situational awareness caused by the lack of target window all you can do if jumped is turn because you have no clue if you should run or stay.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

gybob #323 Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14 battles
  • [CRASH] CRASH

Conquest mode is horrible. If I wanted to play WarThunder I would, I have an account there too under the same name.

Conceptually controlling map areas, like in Warships, makes sense, the beauty of Warplanes was it was a simply kill or be killed arcade game. You needed team play to win, including some GA use, but there is too much strategic thought in the current version.

Respawn just means I get to play longer, but doesn't help me win, if the other team can take and hold areas they win. Air defense aircraft just provide more targets and more guns firing at you, don't really add to the game. Once you control enough areas all you have to do is hold them and hope you have enough respawns to reinforce where you just died.

All in all this is a horrible patch, and not the direction this game should go. As I said, this is too much like WarThunder and has lost it's niche. Keep the graphics, bring back the old sounds. Get rid of respawns. Get rid of the neutral air defense aircraft. Make destruction of the enemy controlled areas more important in points and for God's sake; bring back 15 v 15 battles, that is what Wargaming is known for.

I haven't played enough different airplanes, but allegedly there is no longer a difference between TnB and ZnB fighters, if that's the case what's the use of learning new planes, find the most maneuverable plane and just go to town, it will be OP.

I like the graphics. First they are more stable on my toaster of a computer, second they are simply more fun.

The sounds are horrible. I really don't care what it sounds like in a real plane's cockpit; I want to hear the engine roar and the guns need to rock me. Bring back the WoT sounds. I know what things sound like in a CVC, and this sounds like I'm playing in one.

I honestly have no effing clue how the squall line works; do we get some bot bombers or does this keep bomber players from respawning? Why do I get 1 respawn with some planes and 3 with others?

Lastly, all the HUD "improvements" were a bad move and so was tweaking the controls. Without an artificial horizon I need to look at other things to know my attitude. Without knowing my angle of climb or descent I'm stuck guessing. Also the map and radar need to be separate. Now I can't adjust things for my screen and preferred method of pay I find myself struggling to keep my mouse on the mousepad.

NotEnuffDakka #324 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 101 battles

View Postgybob, on 17 October 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

I honestly have no effing clue how the squall line works; do we get some bot bombers or does this keep bomber players from respawning? Why do I get 1 respawn with some planes and 3 with others?

Once the squall line hits, nobody can respawn anymore. So if you're shot down after the squall hits, you're out.

However, if you get downed before the squall line hits, but your respawn timer won't come around until afterwards, you're still able to respawn. The game considers your original time of death to determine whether you can come back or not.

GALLUS_PROELIUM #325 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 11 battles
  • [CHKAL] CHKAL

Is there any hope that the game will return to being as before and that they return the previous statistics ???

CONSUMATUM EST

BrushWolf #326 Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 61 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostGALLUS_PROELIUM, on 17 October 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Is there any hope that the game will return to being as before and that they return the previous statistics ???

CONSUMATUM EST

I won't say zero but the odds are extremely low.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

BrushWolf #327 Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 61 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Just ran into a bit of an issue/frustration. Multi-roll planes can effectively shut down their own teams attack aircraft because they are able to get to the targets long before the GA's.This is particularly frustrating when it impacts a mission.

Edited by BrushWolf, 17 October 2017 - 04:31 PM.

Russian Proverb

BCB77B #328 Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 70 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Ghost -

Long time player here. Of course, its not the same game it was at all. Not even close to it. But here is some constructive feedback on what we have. I don't have time to read through 17 pages of complaining so if this is repetitive then I'm sorry.

1) Squall Line - It should only come in SOME OF THE MATCHES - not all of them. Like WoWs, you don't see a storm arrive in every match - RANDOMIZE the occurrence of these so they aren't in EVERY GAME. Get's annoying and its also VERY PREDICTABLE when its coming. Or come up with a different reason for lack of bot support instead of it always being a squall line.

2) Graphics - Not sure, but they seem a bit worse for me. I'm running an older AMD card that used to achieve really great graphics in the old game, but now at the same settings it seems the graphics are "fuzzy" or sort of "blurry" or something. Settings are the same, but it all has a sort of "soft" look to the details - sky, ground, etc.

3) Neutral Planes - Do we really need them? One strategy is to watch the opposing team shoot them down for you then shoot the red plane down. Isn't there a way to actually capture a location by flying over it for some period of time, more planes the faster of course, like a base capture in WoTs?? I can see neutral planes being RANDOMIZED into games as well - but not every one. Maybe only the best locations to hold for domination should have the neutral planes over them.

4) Boost - It doesn't work well and the engine noise remains the same as it does without boost. In the old game you could hear your engine rev up and also see it overheat, here you just get a clock ticking and it overheats in about 2-3 seconds. Seems broken and not useful at all. Can't feel the difference between boost and no boost.

5) Engine Noise - Well its the same for EVERY AIRCRAFT other than JETS, but then its the same noise for every jet. That's not very good and it seems the proper engine noise for each aircraft needs to be written into the game - its like all the noises are THE SAME and dumbed down to be simplified for some reason.

6) Camera - I want to be able to hold down my right mouse click and pan my aircraft in flight - now I'm stuck just seeing it from the tail perspective and this isn't helpful at all.

7) Stats - Why have we removed the individual stats for each aircraft specifically WR percentage? Right now its as if you all want us to fly every plane no matter how good it is or isn't against opponents. I can't track which aircraft to fly if I don't know WR which is helpful to player choice in aircraft. I understand that in some scenarios players can CHOOSE 2 aircraft (switch), so is it because of this that the WR isn't included anymore??

8) Crew Skills - Can't tell if these make a difference or not anymore. Used to be able to "feel" the difference in game with a skilled pilot and one with few skills, but now they just all seem about the same to me.

9) Bots - Bots seem a little better or more skilled which is fine and good.

10) Hanger - Give us more than one choice in hanger settings - like in WoWs, I can select between 6 or more different settings for my ship ports. Why not do the same for hanger views?? Right now we just the indoor look at a zeppelin hanger.

11) Tutorial - Why is there NO TUTORIAL for new players? That's bad. I lose games because new players jump right in and die fast, don't understand strategy or tactics of capture, and also use up their respawns, The game is far more complex, it needs an instruction manual.\

I'm not certain why you all didn't just introduce elements of the current game into the new game - not as an optional mode - but RANDOMIZED into the regular matches of the old game. The ease factor and learning curve would have been better for older players which now seem content to simply leave the game leaving you all with a massive marketing effort to increase NEW player base.

Pogo68 #329 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1023 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostBCB77B, on 17 October 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

7) Stats - Why have we removed the individual stats for each aircraft specifically WR percentage? Right now its as if you all want us to fly every plane no matter how good it is or isn't against opponents. I can't track which aircraft to fly if I don't know WR which is helpful to player choice in aircraft. I understand that in some scenarios players can CHOOSE 2 aircraft (switch), so is it because of this that the WR isn't included anymore??

I keep a spread sheet

Win/Loss, Sortie/Kill ratio, Kill/Death ratio, expenditure per sortie.

Helps me decide which munition to stock up on and which planes to use.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

fallanger #330 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 187 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
absolute rubbish, for those that like it, I guess they are glad they suck less now. Worked hard to achieve my average performance scores but I learned a great deal, now this leveling game play is just rubbish. No wonder Jingles likes it, he sucks at everything else anyway. Please lord can we just go back to something like before. I feel like I am in an xbox game.

GhostPrime #331 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 55 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

I have updated the OP with a link to a survey. If you feel so inclined, please  fill it out. It will help us collect data and feed back. 

You can also access it here

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

beeveVcleeve #332 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

Senior Airman

• 908 battles

it's simple. an invested player should never feel like a noob after a patch is installed. it is irresponsible and disrespectful to the player base you had and inspires no confidence in your leadership. it's the same song every time you RADICALLY change the game from patch-to-rare-patch. if you don't get that at a fundamental level, you need to hand over the reigns. this patch is more than a fail. it's a betrayal. As a sometimes disgruntled but ultimately loyal, nearly daily player since near the beginning, i can say with full certainty my trust has been shattered by your repeated decisions. want a player base again?? revert to the first public iterations of this game when you actually had a player base. just sayin'

EDIT

*survey completed

Edited by beeveVcleeve, 18 October 2017 - 02:22 AM.

Bobby_Tables #333 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1090 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostbeeveVcleeve, on 17 October 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

it's simple. an invested player should never feel like a noob after a patch is installed. it is irresponsible and disrespectful to the player base you had and inspires no confidence in your leadership. it's the same song every time you RADICALLY change the game from patch-to-rare-patch. if you don't get that at a fundamental level, you need to hand over the reigns. this patch is more than a fail. it's a betrayal. As a sometimes disgruntled but ultimately loyal, nearly daily player since near the beginning, i can say with full certainty my trust has been shattered by your repeated decisions. want a player base again?? revert to the first public iterations of this game when you actually had a player base. just sayin'

EDIT

*survey completed

View PostbeeveVcleeve, on 17 October 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

EDIT

*survey completed

Well, if you did not take the time to add an image to your avatar, I would say that you probably have not taken the time to learn the new game.  Just sayin...

beeveVcleeve #334 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

Senior Airman

• 908 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 18 October 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

Well, if you did not take the time to add an image to your avatar, I would say that you probably have not taken the time to learn the new game.  Just sayin...

i hardly participate in the forums. i get that i should because i think communication is important but i don't get how switching my avatar to a circle with a slash does anything. obviously players comments don't either. i just wanted to speak my two cents. given the amount of battles i've played i would think that would have more weight than an avatar. i see you have a nondescript avatar as well..

p.s. i don't wan't to learn a NEW game. i want to play an improved version of the game i was playing

Edited by beeveVcleeve, 18 October 2017 - 02:49 AM.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #335 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yeah, not like he is one of the most recognizable players in the game or anything. BV was in so damn many matches... who cares if he is active in the forums? He is active in the game.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

cqiyuan #336 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 32 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Postken9545, on 15 October 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

Watch the mighty jingles assessment of 2.0 on you tube and you will understand

He thinks WoWP always was an arcade game and a bad one at that [wonder why a sim would be a bad arcade ?]

He fully admits he has not played in a long time, knows nothing about the game, no skills, nothing

Got a few kills, about 6,000 points, a medal or two and no idea how or why and dosn't care

He just loves 2.0

It's fun, just jump in and play, no learning curve, no skills, no knowledge base just fly around shooting things, fun

A number of his viewers are happy with 2.0 because it will get rid of us

This, is unfortunately what is happening right now.  New cakes are starting to write up positive posts about this dumbed down game :honoring:

mavfin87 #337 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

View PostGALLUS_PROELIUM, on 17 October 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

CONSUMATUM EST

The stats are there in the online profile, archived.  Button in upper right in game client will send to online profile. You can see 1.9 or 2.0 stats.

beeveVcleeve #338 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 908 battles

change anything for ya bobby? i hope so. i'm not trying to flame you but if that is the hallmark that makes me a voice then so be it..it's flawed but i'll take the bait

haygood #339 Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [SF] SF
I had to check that Squall lines are "great" to be allowed to vote, even though I don't think any of the answer options are good.  I think squall lines come too late.  The battles are pretty much decided long before squall lines come around.  I do appreciate that it puts some time pressure on the game, but I don't really care if I am flying a respawn or a fresh match.  I don't like to get killed.  I also don't want to fly with a bunch of kamikaze for 7 minutes of every match.  Dying should be a penalty.  

armydoc83 #340 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Thanks for the poll GP. I collected about as much of the constructive criticism as I could and put it on there. I'm glad that Mugsy is at least addressing some of the major concerns and that the dev team is (hopefully) working on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users