World of Warplanes 2.0 feedback

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Poll: WoWP 2.0 Update (312 members have cast votes)

How do you feel about the conquest mode?

1. I like it a lot (42 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. Its on the right track, needs work (60 votes [19.48%])

Percentage of vote: 19.48%

3. Not good, not bad (14 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. I don't like it (192 votes [62.34%])

Percentage of vote: 62.34%

How do you feel about how re-spawns are implemented with the Squall line?

1. Great! (83 votes [27.21%])

Percentage of vote: 27.21%

2. Squall line should never come (160 votes [52.46%])

Percentage of vote: 52.46%

3. Squall line comes too soon (62 votes [20.33%])

Percentage of vote: 20.33%

How to you feel the bombers perform in battle?

1. They have a good affect on the outcome of battle (25 votes [8.12%])

Percentage of vote: 8.12%

2. Not effective in battles (64 votes [20.78%])

Percentage of vote: 20.78%

3. Have not unlocked them yet (219 votes [71.10%])

Percentage of vote: 71.10%

How do you like the Graphics update?

1. Beautiful, very nice. (113 votes [36.69%])

Percentage of vote: 36.69%

2. Its just ok (89 votes [28.90%])

Percentage of vote: 28.90%

3. Worse than it was. (106 votes [34.42%])

Percentage of vote: 34.42%

How are the new sounds?

1. New sounds are awesome! (42 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. They are better but still needs work (77 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Just ok (55 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

4. Don't like them (134 votes [43.51%])

Percentage of vote: 43.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Bubba_Zanetti #121 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29252 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHocest, on 13 October 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Sue them for fraud ........ All the time spent, maybe $ too .......... ITS THAT BAD !

BRING BACK REV. 19 

Here's a start:

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/wargaming-america-inc-in-emeryville-ca-390927

PeterBel #122 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

Airman Basic

• 5568 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

In my opinion, this is not an update but a whole different game! I personally think the conquest mode is a good try, but not applicable for this game and i explain:

-Very often in the previous version i went head to head with a single human pilot on the other end. Most likely, the best of us will win the battle.

- In version 2.0, it doesn't matter, the bot will decide who win! It is a team work effort and we know that in theory it's nice, but in practice it doesn't work! Unless you allow flight of 4+ and than casual player will again have no chance. Good concept, bad idea!

- I felt immerse and in control in the previous version. Nice control, able to make a difference in a battle. Well balance.

- Version 2.0 feel like a Fisher-Price toy to me! I got so many medals on my first flight it was ridiculous. The control and interface really doesn't do it for me. Maybe i am an old horse used to the older version, so be it. 

Overall, i really don't like the new version, it has no soul! It is a new game (not an update) and i believe that the players like me who loved it for the simulation style, will quit. I was a daily player and a premium player, i will not spend a penny on a premium account with this version. When all the player who feel like me stop buying premium, the message should be clear!

Wargame should have spent the money and effort to integrate a mode with the 3 games together (Tank, Plane and battleship) instead of this ....

Edited by PeterBel, 13 October 2017 - 01:53 PM.

MelBrooks #123 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30354 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Where's Porkins when we need him?

Rob7183 #124 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 19434 battles
  • [SF] SF

To say I am disappointed would be an understatement.  For 3 years, I have worked to become a better quality pilot, winning 60.5% of battles I flew. With no tutorial, no instruction, no training, no ability to learn, my win rate in 2.0 is around 35%. It seems to make no difference how hard I work, with my best results often being my most dramatic losses.

I bought all but 13 planes in the basic tech trees of all nations, and bought a good chunk of premium planes as well.  I loved this game, playing nearly every day for years.  I spent way too much money on improving my skill, only to have WG remove any use for it in this "update."  It's not an update; it's a different game.  One I am not interested in playing.  The control is sloppy, there is no immersion in flying anymore, many game functions have been removed for no apparent reason, skill and experience matter not at all.

This is not the game WG sold me on.  This is not the game I invested thousands of dollars into.  I feel like my money was stolen in a bait and switch scam.  I doubt I will waste much more time or effort trying to turn this random number generator into anything resembling the exciting, hard fought, skill developing game I came to love more than anything else I had ever played.  Just admit that you robbed us and be damned.

Rob7183.png 

computit #125 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19918 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
This is certainly no 'update'. Like previously said...it's an entirely different game. I'm one of the longest-run, continuously-active players in this game; started about the first week of closed Beta. Spent a LOT of money on this; as well as the other two titles. I'm an American...and one of the things we do, is to vote with our wallet. This game receives no more money from me. If they change it back, I'll be back.This new game sucks AND blows, and 1 battle was enough for me. this is complete rubbish. this has to be some of the worst crap I ever played. we won...but I'm not sure how. I killed 2 planes in my HG2...not sure how. Like a fracking arcade game. Horrible. I have no intention on literally relearning an entire game I devoted years of my life to playing. Since it really no longer resembles anything of the play style the previous game had. Unless one of my clan somehow talks me into playing it some, I am saying: So long, and thanks for all of the fish...

http://hryunomod.ru/ubars/na/3100/computit.png
Your lack of flying skill does NOT equate to me or anyone else 'hacking'. Go fly bots, or low tiers and practice.

TCTrooper #126 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:39 PM

Airman Basic

• 12763 battles
When you get shot down in a dogfight, you are just that, shot down! You have taken away the satisfaction of a decisive victory and replaced it with an enigmatic point scoring system. There is a reason I don't play War Thunder and you have put that reason into this game. WOT tried something similar a couple years back, respawns, etc., and it withered on the vine and was removed from the game. The only thing they did different is they did not remove the original game and replace it all together. Just one more thing, why do I have to start over with my stats and accomplishments? That's like telling a soldier to turn in his rank and decorations because we're going to a  different war. I know they are in an "archive", but I don't want to leave the game to check them and I don't want to start over. Send me an e-mail when you bring back the game, then I'll come back and play.

Tuco_the_Ugly_ #127 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Airman Basic

• 8465 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

If I wanted to Play WAR THUNDER, that's what I would be playing instead of WOWP.

While Graphics & Sound are great, Please give us back our Standard Battle mode.

It's like NEW Coke, Vs Coke Classic - fix your mistake.

I will no longer spend any $ on Gold, Planes or whatever, let alone play anywhere near as often as I do today.

Sorry to see the forced change to Conquest; I'll wait for Standard Battle mode to come back.

~Tuco_the_Ugly_

MCP1701 #128 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 2006 battles
Not a fan of the new format.  It's way too busy.  Plus, I'm not on a high-end gaming rig, so the graphics slow down my computer.  The previous version wasn't perfect, but it was a decent way to waste my time.  The new version doesn't really interest me.

Tuco_the_Ugly_ #129 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Airman Basic

• 8465 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

??

Edited by Tuco_the_Ugly_, 13 October 2017 - 02:44 PM.

99red #130 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 23636 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

2.0 is a joke in flight control compared to 1.9...

the planes float through turns, heavy fighters have less accuracy and almost no true turning ability, ground assault planes are more encumbransome float more than fly, multi roll planes have only one job now which is fly low and support low ground assault and the fighters just fly in big dog piles with no tactics, just point and hold the trigger....

my 9 year old grandson said it was WarThunder just like his computer... No tactics needed, no real strategy needed, no worry of being flamed down since you can respawn and rejoin the fray so no reason to use any skill which makes the game less rewarding....

AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION FOR USING THIS MODE>>>>>THIS IS NOT WHAT ANY OF US ASKED FOR!

99red......XO of the Eagle Squadron (-ES-)

TeamTerrible #131 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post99red, on 13 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

2.0 is a joke in flight control compared to 1.9...

the planes float through turns, heavy fighters have less accuracy and almost no true turning ability, ground assault planes are more encumbransome float more than fly, multi roll planes have only one job now which is fly low and support low ground assault and the fighters just fly in big dog piles with no tactics, just point and hold the trigger....

my 9 year old grandson said it was WarThunder just like his computer... No tactics needed, no real strategy needed, no worry of being flamed down since you can respawn and rejoin the fray so no reason to use any skill which makes the game less rewarding....

AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION FOR USING THIS MODE>>>>>THIS IS NOT WHAT ANY OF US ASKED FOR!

but please give us constructive feedback so we can jam what you don't want straight down your throats.

With the way our previous suggestions were treated all I can suggest is listen to your players for once...we'd never be where we are today if you'd listen to us before

vjs1958 #132 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 12121 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

WG thanks for listening to our suggestions in all the open tests, stop being so good to us...

https://youtu.be/452XjnaHr1A

anamals53 #133 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 17790 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Yea ,,what they all just said.. WOWP has went completely brain dead . So when the rest of my free 29 days of prem expire I will pull the plug . This atari style game is utter nonsense , wowp is comparable to win 10 now. Too bad they left out restore to factory settings.please give us the option of 1.9 play 

INCISION #134 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2389 battles
Haha, I tried 3 battles on the test server and uninstalled. Didn't ever think they'd actually release that garbage, but they did. I haven't even downloaded this mess you call a game. Off to some offroad rallying, have fun!

Jaguardian #135 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20071 battles

I can not participate in the survey because I absolutely do not like the "Squall Line" and that is not an option.

Graphics are nice.

I never had a problem with the sounds.

Never played a bomber.

I do not like the update.  You have pretty much eliminated the PvP aspect of the game.  Situational awareness has been severely reduced in both the plane information as well as the battle information.  Plane performance differences have been pretty much removed from the game making equipment and pilot skills unnoticeable.  The general consensus regarding bots, were most people didn't like them, but understood the necessity for them to create matches with such little population, and you went ahead and added even more bots in this update.  An individuals performance has even less bearing on the outcome of the match.  In the current environment, bots dictate the strategy of each match, meaning you go where they go or you will find yourself back in the hanger.  The GEICO commercials said it best when they say it is so easy a cave man can do it.  Just getting in the game and playing doesn't give you the feeling that you did anything to effect the outcome, which leaves you with an empty feeling at the end of the match of little or no fulfillment.  People may try the game and may even like it, but I think it will get boring fast and those new players will not stay long.  The caveman quits in the commercial too.

Lvcivs_Flavivs #136 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 6944 battles

Bring back the game I spent money on.  I just wish I had more time to say goodbye to WoWP before the 2.0 came out.

Neutral planes ?!!?  For the love of God.  Bots are a necessary evil, buy come on !  Neutral bots ?!?!

Can't see my own shots, can't tell if I'm hitting or not, now way to look around, all in all this update is a major step backwards in quality and overall enjoyment.  Respawn of airplanes and ordnance is just wrong.  Now it makes virtually no difference whether you are lugging 2000 pounds of bombs or not?  UUUUUUURG. So many things are wrong with this.  I kept wishing for what quirks remained in 1.9 to be improved on, not on  everything that was RIGHT to be flushed down the toilet so we can start complaining about a brand new series of worst wrongs ???

Awful.

"In the Game of Planes, you carry or you lose.  There is no middle ground".

RocketRod13 #137 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 10589 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I agree with every negative aspect pointed out.  I don't see myself spending anymore time or money on this... I believe I spent my share.  I've been in aircraft (not flight crew) my entire life.  I actually felt connected to my aircraft when in flight.  Enjoyed the battles and worked f'n hard to improve my stats.  Looked forward to flying... sht... I was addicted to it.  WG cured me with 2.0.  I leave behind all my acft... any that were sold I bought back... have em all, painted up and well equipped.  Premium account and gold will be finished in ships and tanks.  Guess I'm glad they screwed it all up before I threw any money down to upgrade my gaming rig, Prolly pick up an HK instead  ;-)

Don't see any WG responses... are they being posted somewhere else?

Edited by RocketRod13, 14 October 2017 - 12:15 AM.

winser #138 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 24078 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostRocketRod13, on 13 October 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I agree with every negative aspect pointed out.  I don't see myself spending anymore time or money on this... I believe I spent my share.  I've been in aircraft my entire life.  I actually felt connected to my aircraft when in flight.  Enjoyed the battles and worked f'n hard to improve my stats.  Looked forward to flying... sht... I was addicted to it.  WG cured me with 2.0.  I leave behind all my acft... any that were sold I bought back... have em all, painted up and well equipped.  Premium account and gold will be finished in ships and tanks.  Guess I'm glad they screwed it all up before I threw any money down to upgrade my gaming rig, Prolly pick up an HK instead  ;-)

Don't see any WG responses... are they being posted somewhere else?

They also post on facebook ! But i can say WG will never listen ! 

MelBrooks #139 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30354 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I'm trying to figure out who the 15 schleps are that like this........

Not_All_Crack_Is_Bad #140 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 14798 battles
I've been playing for two years now and just starting to receive the skills to be competitive,but 2.0 is for kid's.If 2.0 stays i'm gone(think i still have an old balsa wood airplane with the rubber band wind up prop that's more fun than 2.0)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users